Close

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Lol, just a $15k blower eh? 500whp can be had with $2500 modded stockers and some bolt-ons.
    Try to keep up with M3 blower pricing. Inflating the price to try to make your argument is just kind of lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    higher ceiling? well, sure theoretically, it can rev higher (from the factory) and has an extra 1.0L to it

a 500whp N54 costs many thousands less than a bone stock M3, 'just a blower' for the S65 is close to $10k alone?.. pretty sure a 'stage 2/RB' style turbo is easy, well, it is in my books lol. $5k odd including FBO and a tune on top of purchase price.

if we're talking about 'practical' ceilings, either car will be impractical when you reach any realistically achievable power limits, 1000whp on an M3 will have a SLIGHTLY smoother torque/power curve 'in theory' than a 900-1000whp twin 2867 N54... but either one is far beyond 'sensible', both will melt rubber at the drop of a hat, and either one would probably cost a similar amount to achieve (depending how strong the internals on the N54 are, and if the fuel system can affordably be upgraded that is), except the turbo system needed for the n54 is pretty reasonably priced compared to what needs to be done to an M3 if we're talking pure undrivable dyno-queen values.
    Blah blah blah cost cost blah blah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    So many wasted pages full of super boring M3 talk...isn't this the N54 forum ?
    Read the $#@!ing rules:

Forum Rules
    Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click hereto return to the forums index.
    Although the administrators and moderators of GermanBoost will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of GermanBoost, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
    You will not complain about Sticky writing the M3 is the most awesome car ever made in whatever thread he desires whenever he desires. Disagreeing with him is done so at your own risk.
    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    The owners of GermanBoost reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    performance only?

ok not counting labour (8-16 hours?), $500 front control arms, $300 front sway bar, $1000-1500~ rear every link + smallish cost in M3 style rear shock chassis, $300 again in rear sway bar, ~$500 for a used rear subframe with bushes
    $1200+install (bundled with other stuff) for LSD (a 130i owner over here in australia is testing out a kaaz 1.5 way in a few days to see if it fits, just as a random aside) - so $4.5-$5k all up there. brakes are done on both m3 and N54 cars, same with wheels/tires, same with coilovers. ED: oh and like $400ish M3 front strut brace.

500 RB's, E85? E85 flex is a reasonable fuel for every day depending on where you life.
    no, not just performance, you have to consider every extra the M has over an N54 because you get it with the M. Seats and all. You can "bundle" all you want, but your looking at 4k in suspension installed. Another 2 in interior extras.. Oh, now your talking about extra fuel system...? Ok, that's cheap I suppose.. Oh, unless you don't have e85, like the majority of people... Now, how's that transmission upgrade coming...? Seems like that price gap is getting smaller and s,aller the more accurate you get with the details of actual ownership

upgraded brakes now too...? Who did that. Oh, that's right, the n54 cars have to. So, basically for the same price after all things considered, you can spend 10k and have a "500hp" n54 but consists of upgrading a majority of components and completely dependent on fuel available. Or 9k on an M3 by adding a blower and exhaust..
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on the 180deg headers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, not just performance, you have to consider every extra the M has over an N54 because you get it with the M. Seats and all. You can "bundle" all you want, but your looking at 4k in suspension installed. Another 2 in interior extras.. Oh, now your talking about extra fuel system...? Ok, that's cheap I suppose.. Oh, unless you don't have e85, like the majority of people... Now, how's that transmission upgrade coming...? Seems like that price gap is getting smaller and s,aller the more accurate you get with the details of actual ownership

upgraded brakes now too...? Who did that. Oh, that's right, the n54 cars have to. So, basically for the same price after all things considered, you can spend 10k and have a "500hp" n54 but consists of upgrading a majority of components and completely dependent on fuel available. Or 9k on an M3 by adding a blower and exhaust..
    Are the seats different? I know there's some different stiching and all, but I couldn't tell for sure if my sports seats were the same as the m's. I've always wondered that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll be seeing a couple of these superduper S65s once my big lungs are on LOL end of story whooosh whoooooosh
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Are the seats different? I know there's some different stiching and all, but I couldn't tell for sure if my sports seats were the same as the m's. I've always wondered that.
    They're def different --- Much deeper with all the bolstering to make sure you're not sliding around during aggressive turns. AND even if you upgrade everything in a 135/335 to M3 component levels, it will never feel as grounded or responsive to driver input as the M3 (you'll never be able to add bolt-ons that really stiffen up the chassis).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    They're def different --- Much deeper with all the bolstering to make sure you're not sliding around during aggressive turns. AND even if you upgrade everything in a 135/335 to M3 component levels, it will never feel as grounded or responsive to driver input as the M3 (you'll never be able to add bolt-ons that really stiffen up the chassis).
    Obviously, but its cheaper..

A 335 will never be a M3, but it will also never cost as much.

And you get to choose how much you want to spend.

Enough with the M3 talk that was a stupid thing to bring up like 6 pages ago.. Lets get back to turbo N54 talk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    e90 is a lot stiffer than e46 and e92 is even stiffer than e90 albeit not much. e9x M3 chassis being stiffer than non-M is an urban legend only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

5 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by seth is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im complete opposite of Seth, he's a great forum member and has all my respect, but I think if people are going to ignorantly, and continuously attack your company and or products, you should re-act any way you so choose, and I personally like that you will tell people to go f*** off. Shows that you have your opinions and you believe in what you do.

You're not in the business to please everyone or be a PR guy, You can be if you want to, and it will probably help your business, thats YOUR choice, But again, N54's isn't your "business" (from what i understand) this is a side project from your actual company.

Seth again, I respect your opinions and I think you're right here, but I feel that being a chicken sh*t to people that will never buy your product, and if they do, they know where you stand.

Same with the way I feel with Shiv and Terry.

(random cool picture of the gtx2863x not a VTT)
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure LM and Rob beck have already been black listed from buying stage 3s. Click here to enlarge

Agree, best is to buy a M3 and then drop in a N54 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Im complete opposite of Seth, he's a great forum member and has all my respect, but I think if people are going to ignorantly, and continuously attack your company and or products, you should re-act any way you so choose, and I personally like that you will tell people to go f*** off. Shows that you have your opinions and you believe in what you do.

You're not in the business to please everyone or be a PR guy, You can be if you want to, and it will probably help your business, thats YOUR choice, But again, N54's isn't your "business" (from what i understand) this is a side project from your actual company.

Seth again, I respect your opinions and I think you're right here, but I feel that being a chicken sh*t to people that will never buy your product, and if they do, they know where you stand.

Same with the way I feel with Shiv and Terry.

(random cool picture of the gtx2863x not a VTT)
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Nobody said anything about being a chicken $#@! or letting people walk all over you. In business there is a certain way to handle things... this is a great example on how to NOT handle them properly. I believe the record should be set straight and if people are presenting false info about your products, you certainly should correct them to protect the integrity of your business and products. However the manner in which you do so will be the great equalizer of how people perceive you and your company and I think Vargas just shot themselves in the foot here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth Click here to enlarge
    Ya know I need to semi agree with Ocean here.................................... And whether you play it off like you don't care, it's just foolish in general to leave money on the table like that. Just my $.02 but again I'm just a lowly E46 non major player who talks too much so I will just go sit in the corner and eat my popcorn.

All I am
    Possibly Vargas is seeing the difference between people with genuine misconceptions or confusion about his products & those few who acting as provocateurs for the competition. Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Possibly Vargas is seeing the difference between people with genuine misconceptions or confusion about his products & those few who acting as provocateurs for the competition. Click here to enlarge
    Even so, not giving in to the childish fight will allow people who are simply observing and are potential customers to see you operate your business a certain way and not turn them off before they become actual customers. Thats all I am really saying. If people are trolling, let the vets of the site and also the admin deal with that. A couple of neg reps will hide the really bad comments anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually love it when trolls get told to shove it up their ass. I respect that a lot more than they guys that don't have the balls to tell it like it is because they may lose a couple sales.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Judging from the response to this thread it'll likely be more than a couple but whatever, not my problem I guess so I'll just bow out and mind my own business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A number of them have very low post counts nothing stopping them from opening another account. Sometimes one persons view of childish is another's view of someone willing to standing up for themselves. Nothing wrong with a little passion about what you believe in, the "lets get along society" is turning us into a bunch of wusses.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rader, when are your turbos going in?
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you can't take it, don't dish it out.....if the customers or potential customers are being praised for sharing their opinions (good or bad) then why can't vendors? It goes both ways...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Rader, when are your turbos going in?
    It was going to be this morning. However, after 3 hours i decided "$#@! that" so i'm taking it to an indy shop to do it. I'm working with them to get it in ASAP.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Agree, best is to buy a M3 and then drop in a N54 Click here to enlarge
    It's called a 1M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

You should know the M3 brakes are just as $#@!ty as the 335i brakes. You don't see any M3s at racetracks without BBKs. For a good reason.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth Click here to enlarge
    Even so, not giving in to the childish fight will allow people who are simply observing and are potential customers to see you operate your business a certain way and not turn them off before they become actual customers.
    +1

I don’t often get a chance to know the folks behind many of my purchases, but when I do, the person selling/making the product can have as much weight as their product quality. This is especially true if the competing products have arguably similar levels of quality and results. If it’s likely that both products will give me similar results without me knowing, I will turn to the person selling it.

The interactions I have seen on these forums from some tuners makes me never want to buy their products. While there are others that make me glad I did, for example, rob formally with cobb. He’s an example of someone that was able to tactfully reply to less than mature antics without himself dropping to their level.

This might be a personal thing, as I am both the sales man and the consultant for the services my firm offers. From time to time, I deal with less than ideal clients that I would like to tell to $#@! off. That being said, I represent more than myself but my entire firm. It’s a challenge, but I can still stand up for my team and myself, without becoming like my clients.

Just my $.02

Back to work
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast