Close

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The wheel is slightly smaller, we really liked the profile and design the TF035 had, that is why we chose to use it and have it modified to fit our needs. its a full back design which are more efficient at moving exhaust through the wheel which in these things is very important, we shall see.
    I'm a big fan of fullback wheels. That's a good design choice! What is the diameter of the wheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    picking it up after work
    We have to wait until after work and a drive to hear back? Maybe we should all just skip work and drive to pass the time until JP can report back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For $#@!s sake a supercharged M3 runs 10's @ 130. That's with low boost. AA is taking them to 11 psi now.

Anyway, bring stage whatever:

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...9f0a0c_7-1.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...03/18Zcm-1.png
    Are those 180* headers???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    18 min later..... lmao I see what u did there... does this make us old. ?
    Lol, it's been 12 years now...holy crap.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Lol, it's been 12 years now...holy crap.
    wow
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Are those 180* headers???
    Sure does look like it. I bet that sounds pretty awesome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I loaded up the procede with the RB turbo map before dropping it off. it will be a good starting point. I'll be doing some tweaking and Shiv will be in the mix if needed. but just for saying the word "shiv" I expect no less than 3 negative rep points.
    lol
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    I agree although had a play with a e92 M3 today and his face at the next set of traffic lights was worth it Click here to enlarge
    Sooner or later I am going to run up against one with some work & get my butt kicked, but so far so good. Best was one against a guy near my age that went down 3 straight & offered to buy coffee if I let him see under the hood. Opened it up & it looked just like the BMW catalog picture. He finally noticed the small black decals on the rear quarter windows & wanted to know what a BMS motor sport was.Click here to enlarge

Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @jpsimon
    When is the dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to get on a dyno next weekend
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

5 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I provided specs on a prior page but should have been more clear that the specs I provided were not for the standard TF035HL but rather the "custom" fullback TF035HL that Vargas is using. If those who believe I am incorrect need the proof, I can very easily provide. It would be easier though for Tony to do the honorable thing and say the specs I provided are correct, or he can as expected retaliate with name calling or the other unfounded garden variety counter attacks and be proven wrong again and look like an even bigger unscrupulous vendor in days to come.

All in all I am not saying his wheel choice is bad, it is just very close to stock size and I expect a slightly better than Stage 1 performance. Time will tell, but I'd certainly not market these and sell them as Stage 2 without the consumer fully understanding the facts about using the much smaller wheel than other Stage 2's simply on a hunch that it could still perform the same or similar. By Vargas's hand customers were led to believe the wheel was a TD04 and THUS equivalent flow characteristics, but now they are being told it is not but he hopes it will and "hey they are betas buying cheaply so they should accept what I misled them about and if they do not perform I will build them better later".

I realize some believe my business practice of providing hard specs and data in the name of educating the consumer is a poor one at best, but what is more shocking is that the thought process and tactics of Vargas are accepted as trivial by some as well. All in all I certainly hope the product lives up to Stage 2 like numbers, for everyone involved.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I'm a big fan of fullback wheels. That's a good design choice! What is the diameter of the wheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

6 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Tony@VargasTurboTech is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Actually what I will prob do is just start offering fully ready and balanced RB drop in CHRA's for $200 each to help all the people with failed RB's.
    Seriously, all fighting aside, for people outside US this kind of product would be a godsend. I don't have problems with my RBs but I would surely want something like this instead of living in fear of what could happen and sending turbos to the US for warranty repairs in case of an event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Rob@RBTurbo not taking sides here, but maybe your attack is abit premature until numbers come out. If Tony's stage 2's produce the same power as your RB's I'm sure you won't bring this up again. I can understand your frustration however, realizing a smaller market share.
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

4 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Black Sheep is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought everyone knew A LONG time ago that the turbine wasn't going to be an off the shelf TD04 wheel when tony made the announcement a few months ago that he would be using full back wheels made to his specClick here to enlarge

Look guys, me(and the other beta testers) paid for the turbos so if there was anything we really saw as being BS on Tony's end WE would be the ones complaining. Lets just chill out and see what the dynos say Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I thought everyone knew A LONG time ago that the turbine wasn't going to be an off the shelf TD04 wheel when tony made the announcement a few months ago that he would be using full back wheels made to his specClick here to enlarge

Look guys, me(and the other beta testers) paid for the turbos so if there was anything we really saw as being BS on Tony's end WE would be the ones complaining. Lets just chill out and see what the dynos say Click here to enlarge
    Speaking of dynos, are the turbos still in your kitchen ? Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No offense to anyone but all these areguements are clear reasons to why vendors need specific employees to handle the forums and social media. Think of it as a PR department. This bickering is out of control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Here's some 180* headers I made a while back for a northstar project of mine.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

The sound this motor made from 4500rpm-8k rpm was pure, unadulterated sex. I want to hear that car he posted NOW. @Sticky get on it.

I would feel bad about posting OT stuff but this thread is already there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Speaking of dynos, are the turbos still in your kitchen ? Click here to enlarge
    They are, however install will begin in the AM. Unfortunately, i have to work tomorrow afternoon/night so install wont be finished until sunday or monday.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    They are, however install will begin in the AM. Unfortunately, i have to work tomorrow afternoon/night so install wont be finished until sunday or monday.
    Good luck buddy Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thats me behind the couch... My set is going in this weekend... I will push the issue with terry to get my tune squared away, but as of now I am waiting on a replacement meth tank from coolingmist... when that gets there well use meth... But i sort of looked past upgrading the fuel pump... at 50/50 e85 with these Ill need the pump and I dont want to dyno until everything is squared away. The pump may delay things if we find I need it to be where I am at...

looking foward to others opinions
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 03-22-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nevermind looking closer at those headers it looks like they are just equal length ones working with a very confined space. I thought at first two of the primaries diverged to the other side of the engine.

Looks like I got all excited for nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    18 min later..... lmao I see what u did there... does this make us old. ?
    Still laughing at this after checking to see that no one else got it...or maybe no one cared. Too funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thats me behind the couch... My set is going in this weekend... I will push the issue with terry to get my tune squared away, but as of now I am waiting on a replacement meth tank from coolingmist... when that gets there well use meth... But i sort of looked past upgrading the fuel pump... at 50/50 e85 with these Ill need the pump and I dont want to dyno until everything is squared away. The pump may delay things if we find I need it to be where I am at...

looking foward to others opinions
    Many people are interested in 93 octane pump gas dynos...Click here to enlarge

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast