Close

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The thing is, i've babied my car since i've had it, i know what its been through, if your buying a m3 with 45k miles on it and 5 years of life, who knows what the owner did to it.... plus i think there will be some awesome cars coming in the next 5 years that may be more interesting for me (m2, s3, amg's, new m3 etc.)
    True, i actualy found ONE M3 in my price range with 38k miles, but it had Mustang racing stripes on it and very very very very ugly rims. I could only think of what else they had done to the car that was equally distasteful....

AMG is where it will be. BMW is falling off the planet lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as M3 vs 335i debate goes, this what a buddy of mine on another forum said: "Let's be honest. 20 years from now, the N54 is going 2JZ-levels of legendary as far as power-making goes. The S65 will just be an exotic little V8 with unobtanium-expensive parts"

I thought it was a little over simplified at the time... but the more time that passes the more this seems to be coming to fruitions. Ohh, and that's coming from a guy with an M3 instead of a 335i if that tells you something.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    What happens though if something breaks on the m3? You can buy a long block n54 for $3-4k and an AT for less than $1k. I can't imagine what a replacement motor or dct would go for on the m3. Still, the m3 will always look, drive and sound way better than a 335.
    Don't mod cars if you can't afford to fix them.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    As far as M3 vs 335i debate goes, this what a buddy of mine on another forum said: "Let's be honest. 20 years from now, the N54 is going 2JZ-levels of legendary as far as power-making goes. The S65 will just be an exotic little V8 with unobtanium-expensive parts"

I thought it was a little over simplified at the time... but the more time that passes the more this seems to be coming to fruitions. Ohh, and that's coming from a guy with an M3 instead of a 335i if that tells you something.
    Part of this is because the n54 is and will be available to a larger audience, the other part of it is that everyone likes boostClick here to enlarge
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in b4 N/A vs. boost debate begins lol
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brunofernandez Click here to enlarge
    what is your problem man Click here to enlarge
    Nothing just making an interesting observation. Happy to have you here, welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    I don't see any reason for Rob to lie.. he just sold 20+ sets even with Vargas coming out. just saying. Click here to enlarge
    He had to do a group buy to do so and clearly felt threatened. It was also in response to my Vargas turbo giveaway.

I wish Rob well but after seeing the Stage 3 numbers and pricing I wouldn't bother with anything else. The RB upgrade is the past.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The guy builds a great set of turbos in his garage that took him 2 years to complete. This is our first go at the N54 stuff and it took us 5 months to not only upgraded turbos, but also a full bolt turbo kit running, that not only works perfect, but broke the HP record the first time on the dyno for pump gas.
    THIS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Why do you need to attack everyone? Calling Rob Bi-Polar? Calling someone Dense? Really????

So you are buying a $150 wheel an doing what with it that is making it "custom" What makes you think you can call it a TD04 than?
    Rob keeps poking his nose in someone else's business. The RB's were surpassed, quickly and easily, it's over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Let me be honest. Your buddy is stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    Part of this is because the n54 is and will be available to a larger audience, the other part of it is that everyone likes boostClick here to enlarge
    I don't disagree with that one bit(nor do i necessarily think the N54 is a better engine from an engineering standpoint.) However... those reasons also happen to be the same ones that have decided what engines dominate in the aftermarket and others don't.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Don't mod cars if you can't afford to fix them.
    Thus why I have a 335 and not an m3, cause I can afford to fix it. Unfortunetly I have $#@!ty credit so everything Ive bought mod wise has been paid in full including my car. I have no problem admitting I can't afford a $40k M3, a $10k supercharger kit/exhaust/install, only to still get beat by a 335 with stage 3's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    What I posted above applies to everyone except Rob Beck, who, unless he measured the turbine wheels himself, is a fool for attacking another vendor's products. Complete lack of professionalism.

I suppose if Rob Beck uncovered such a blatant lie from another vendor, he wouldn't mind taking pictures of the Vargas stage 2 turbo housing with the Vargas name plate to prove he has a Vargas stage 2 turbo that he personally is using for comparison purposes. Additionally, he should take pictures of his turbine, the stock turbine and this turbine he has on order that is claimed by him to be the same as the Vargas turbine. Make sure to use a scale in the pictures such as a rule. There should also be proof in each photo that these pictures were taken at the same time, in the same place.

Anything less than this is just baseless accusations, and the burden of proof is on Rob Beck. If he knows that Vargas is lying, he should have no problem coming up with the evidence to corroborate his accusations.

When you levy such a profound accusation against another person, you better damn well be 100% sure of your statements, and have irrefutable proof to back that up. Rob called Tony a liar, so lets see the proof.
    Great post right here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    All speculation and criticism regarding the stage 2's should wait until they are on the dyno... which they will be shortly.
    This will be nice but it doesn't really solve anything as RB people will push the turbos to the max to try to outdyno one another.

Honestly, I think we know these Stage 2 options are pretty similar and will put up pretty similar numbers but one seems to have some more thought put into it due to more options available to the particular builder.

Anyway, my answer is why play with RB's when Stage 3 exists?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    Bolded this part so it's more obvious, with the addition of upgraded thurst parts it's clear to see the goal with the Stage 2's was to improve long-term reliability at high boost levels while producing similar power to RB's.
    Freaking there we go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Ha, i am getting neg repped for a joke? We are talking turbos here folks. On awesome cars that we are fortunate enough to drive.
    I think people didn't get your joke. Here's a positive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    It's like a damn special-ed BMW forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Isn't a SC for a M3 like 30 grand? + the car?

You could buy a 335 and s3's. for 30 grand.
    Ugh my head hurts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vigorous Click here to enlarge
    Besides jpsimon, any updates from the other Beta testers?
    I'm installing my set this weekend. As long as nothing comes up the car should be running sunday or monday. Unfortunately, the weather is calling for ice and snow sunday and monday(seriously, WTF it's spring) so i won't be able to get started with tuning until later in the week.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    BUT if you wanna get a E9x M3 above 600 WHP (or near 700 WHP like the VTTS3s), you're gonna need to lower the compression & a bigger blower, AND that's when it gets expensive.
    Yep but you also get far, far more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What happens though if something breaks on the m3? You can buy a long block n54 for $3-4k and an AT for less than $1k. I can't imagine what a replacement motor or dct would go for on the m3. Still, the m3 will always look, drive and sound way better than a 335.
    If money is a problem stick to the 335.

Anyway, this isn't an M3 versus 335 debate talk turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He had to do a group buy to do so and clearly felt threatened. It was also in response to my Vargas turbo giveaway.

I wish Rob well but after seeing the Stage 3 numbers and pricing I wouldn't bother with anything else. The RB upgrade is the past.
    fair enough.. Im of neither camp RB or Vargas. And after seeing Vargas stage 3 numbers and pricing, I'm duely impressed, but I'm not worried about not being able to meet or exceed that(pricing and numbers) with the 6466 build. Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no problem admitting I can't afford a $40k M3, a $10k supercharger kit/exhaust/install, only to still get beat by a 335 with stage 3's.
    For $#@!s sake a supercharged M3 runs 10's @ 130. That's with low boost. AA is taking them to 11 psi now.

Anyway, bring stage whatever:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For $#@!s sake a supercharged M3 runs 10's @ 130. That's with low boost. AA is taking them to 11 psi now.

Anyway, bring stage whatever:

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...9f0a0c_7-1.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...03/18Zcm-1.png
    Ssshhhhiiiiitttttssss wwwweeeeaaaaaakkkkk
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep but you also get far, far more power.
    That might not last for much longer -- Once figure out the DCT upgrade on your car, it'll transfer right over to the 335is. From there it's a fueling upgrade, VTTS3s with a 1/4 mile tune, anti-lag off the line, some DRs & it's game over for the S65
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast