Close

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What I posted above applies to everyone except Rob Beck, who, unless he measured the turbine wheels himself, is a fool for attacking another vendor's products. Complete lack of professionalism.

I suppose if Rob Beck uncovered such a blatant lie from another vendor, he wouldn't mind taking pictures of the Vargas stage 2 turbo housing with the Vargas name plate to prove he has a Vargas stage 2 turbo that he personally is using for comparison purposes. Additionally, he should take pictures of his turbine, the stock turbine and this turbine he has on order that is claimed by him to be the same as the Vargas turbine. Make sure to use a scale in the pictures such as a rule. There should also be proof in each photo that these pictures were taken at the same time, in the same place.

Anything less than this is just baseless accusations, and the burden of proof is on Rob Beck. If he knows that Vargas is lying, he should have no problem coming up with the evidence to corroborate his accusations.

When you levy such a profound accusation against another person, you better damn well be 100% sure of your statements, and have irrefutable proof to back that up. Rob called Tony a liar, so lets see the proof.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Don't lose any sleep... .
    Looking at the threads & how things seem to be working out only Shiv & Rob are losing any sleep or should be losing any sleep.

Think the next set of dynos will put them both into insomnia mode. That all being said shouldn't the RB fans be real happy that Vargas has broken RBís monopoly & his pricing is starting to collapse. If you want a set of RBís they are a much better deal today than a week ago.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Looking at the threads & how things seem to be working out only Shiv & Rob are losing any sleep or should be losing any sleep.

Think the next set of dynos will put them both into insomnia mode. That all being said shouldn't the RB fans be real happy that Vargas has broken RB’s monopoly & his pricing is starting to collapse. If you want a set of RB’s they are a much better deal today than a week ago.Click here to enlarge

This is very true, if for nothing else at least the BMW tax is being lowered on RB's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lets just get our cars done and get back to the drag strip and streets... I find myself on here way too much awaiting my car :/ I hope nothing but the best for the Stage 2, Stage 3, RBs, FFtec guys.. They better they all do will be more fun for me in my venture Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    lets just get our cars done and get back to the drag strip and streets... I find myself on here way too much awaiting my car :/ I hope nothing but the best for the Stage 2, Stage 3, RBs, FFtec guys.. They better they all do will be more fun for me in my venture Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not sure what BMW tax there is, especially if information about less work and R&D required is actually true, i mean, whats the price difference vs machine work involved?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap the unnecessary drama here. Throw a set on a car running something like the JB4 G5 w/ BMS flash, which we've tuned on around 10-15 cars using RBs @ 500-520rw @ 20psi peak tapering to 18psi @ 7000rpm, and see what they put out. Simple at that. And if the power isn't what you want build it bigger and stronger! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not sure what BMW tax there is, especially if information about less work and R&D required is actually true, i mean, whats the price difference vs machine work involved?
    how's the m3 coming??
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    What I posted above applies to everyone except Rob Beck, who, unless he measured the turbine wheels himself, is a fool for attacking another vendor's products. Complete lack of professionalism.

I suppose if Rob Beck uncovered such a blatant lie from another vendor, he wouldn't mind taking pictures of the Vargas stage 2 turbo housing with the Vargas name plate to prove he has a Vargas stage 2 turbo that he personally is using for comparison purposes. Additionally, he should take pictures of his turbine, the stock turbine and this turbine he has on order that is claimed by him to be the same as the Vargas turbine. Make sure to use a scale in the pictures such as a rule. There should also be proof in each photo that these pictures were taken at the same time, in the same place.

Anything less than this is just baseless accusations, and the burden of proof is on Rob Beck. If he knows that Vargas is lying, he should have no problem coming up with the evidence to corroborate his accusations.

When you levy such a profound accusation against another person, you better damn well be 100% sure of your statements, and have irrefutable proof to back that up. Rob called Tony a liar, so lets see the proof.
    The problem here is. Go back and look, I never once said we were using the same turbine wheel as RB, not once. I mentioned plenty of times we are using the same Compressor wheel. Through our research we determined with the housing back pressure and heat limits, going to that big of a wheel was not needed to reach the limits of these housings. This was backed up by putting wheels quite a bit larger then the TD04L's in, running them and hitting the same wall up top. So our goal was to keep the stock bearing housing for ease of install and build custom components around them. In the end, this ended up actually costing more then just hacking off the vband inlet, welding on a TD04 one and buying a prebuilt CHRA, which is what Rob is doing, (its cheap guys, very cheap. Fully built, VSR balanced TD04L with a 15T compressor that will plug right into any set of RB's from our supplier is $165 dollars, but we wanted to address the thrust parts etc.). So if he was to hold our wheel up next to his it would be a tad smaller, this was by design. Does that make it a standard TF035 absolutely not. I stand by my challenge,buy a standard TF035 and a set of our stage 2's and try to interchange them, you aren't going to get very far. Just as with the stage 3, we had so much speculation before it was done. We are close to seeing what these things will do, and did it right by implementing a beta program, before shipping any other sets. We will go from here. I apologize for any BS. People always tell me to just ignore the drama, but sometimes I feel I need to defend what we are building.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-21-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    how's the m3 coming??
    almost back to stock Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Holy crap the unnecessary drama here. Throw a set on a car running something like the JB4 G5 w/ BMS flash, which we've tuned on around 10-15 cars using RBs @ 500-520rw @ 20psi peak tapering to 18psi @ 7000rpm, and see what they put out. Simple at that. And if the power isn't what you want build it bigger and stronger! Click here to enlarge
    +100

Or just let us etune it quick Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    You will always have nitpickers, especially with the two complete opposite user bases that the N54 has. (three now with Rob)
    Agreed on that. The nitpicking in this community is incredible. And almost none of them have the ability to work on their own car either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    almost back to stock Click here to enlarge
    Why your going back to stock?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Why your going back to stock?
    Because 67R?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Its quite obvious what Tony’s doing here. He’s intentionally misleading us and confusing us with this back and forth for the sole purpose to make the V2 vs RB debate so confusing that we reach the proper conclusion. That being, you should get v3s and watch this debate, figuratively and literally, from your rear view mirror.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Because 67R?

Pretty sure LM and Rob beck have already been black listed from buying stage 3s. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All speculation and criticism regarding the stage 2's should wait until they are on the dyno... which they will be shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    but if people have nothing to complain about, what will they do on the internet?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    and by that i mean it gets old reading these arguments. soon we'll be on the dyno
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Does that make it a standard TF035 absolutely not. I stand by my challenge,buy a standard TF035 and a set of our stage 2's and try to interchange them, you aren't going to get very far.
    I assume that most people here by "standard" understand "flowing the same" or "same wheel diameters". The fact that the shafts are different, etc. not sure it matters to anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I assume that most people here by "standard" understand "flowing the same" or "same wheel diameters". The fact that the shafts are different, etc. not sure it matters to anyone.
    I assume you probably put lipstick on and stick toothbrushes up your ass while staring at yourself in the mirror. You don't see this as odd, or different etc. Quite sure that doesn't matter to any of us.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

7 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Through our research we determined with the housing back pressure and heat limits, going to that big of a wheel was not needed to reach the limits of these housings. This was backed up by putting wheels quite a bit larger then the TD04L's in, running them and hitting the same wall up top. So our goal was to keep the stock bearing housing for ease of install and build custom components around them.
    Bolded this part so it's more obvious, with the addition of upgraded thurst parts it's clear to see the goal with the Stage 2's was to improve long-term reliability at high boost levels while producing similar power to RB's.
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I assume you probably put lipstick on and stick toothbrushes up your ass while staring at yourself in the mirror. You don't see this as odd, or different etc. Quite sure that doesn't matter to any of us.
    I assume you start acting like a retard randomly in various threads in order to keep a presence on the forums. Don't worry, the forum software won't automatically delete your username if you keep your mouth shut when you don't have anything to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Goddamn this thread is fun. Makes me want to go take a class in turbos so I could understand some of the technical stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I assume you start acting like a retard randomly in various threads in order to keep a presence on the forums. Don't worry, the forum software won't automatically delete your username if you keep your mouth shut when you don't have anything to say.
    I've got to do something to interrupt all this bickering Click here to enlarge, you make yourself a perfect target by constantly speaking your technical truths that turn out to be complete and utter bull$#@!.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast