Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

I just did 60-130 in 7.555 sek RB turbos full weight E92 335i with PFT E50 map NO meth

Well it finally got dry enough so I don't totally spin my winter tires in 3rd gear, and then I found a 2.6% slope as well. Seemed to work out great. I did a 100-200 kmh in 6.575 s and a 60-130 mph in 7.555 s. Car is full weight, no weight reductions, ½ full gas tank, and I put 260# on the car myself.

It's on a E50 mix (Aral Ultimate 102 RON and E85), NO meth. I'm thinking this is pretty good. Rims are the original BMW 188 17" with winter tires.

I'm attaching the 2 verified screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh no took my 6MT TT record away!!

To think I did my 7.59sec on all seats out, racing seat, race gas+meth, cf trunk, NLS and DRs on the back and many many runs trying to squeeze out best I could and you just go out there on winter tires and pull that off! Unfair! Click here to enlarge

Congrats man! Sick numbers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Oh no took my 6MT TT record away!!

To think I did my 7.59sec on all seats out, racing seat, race gas+meth, cf trunk, NLS and DRs on the back and many many runs trying to squeeze out best I could and you just go out there on winter tires and pull that off! Unfair! Click here to enlarge

Congrats man! Sick numbers Click here to enlarge
    Thanks.

Sorry to take your 6MT record away, but it's kinda your own fault, you did the map LOL Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Well done!

thank you for sharing the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupertinosteve Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! Well done!

thank you for sharing the info.
    Thanks. And congrats on your time as well. Can't believe your almost a second faster still. Must be nuts your car, mine actually scared me a few times today on some slightly bumpy country roads... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice run! Great time! Stickier rubber and less gas and I bet theres room for more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    Very nice run! Great time! Stickier rubber and less gas and I bet theres room for more.
    Yup, I believe you're right. I am actually even thinking about going on a diet..... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice times! Keep it rolling. Would be nice to see some RB cars in the 6s. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice times! Keep it rolling. Would be nice to see some RB cars in the 6s. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Terry. I wish, maybe if I cut off my legs, or find a 160# race driver to drive it.... But I'm thinking your car could almost do it now, the way it performes. You've gotta be a lot closer than I am. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Terry. I wish, maybe if I cut off my legs, or find a 160# race driver to drive it.... But I'm thinking your car could almost do it now, the way it performes. You've gotta be a lot closer than I am. Click here to enlarge
    Yes I think I can get there or at least close. But until it does it everything is hypothetical. Best on the old tuning was 7.3 but would average 7.4. 1.5% slope IIRC. +1 on finding a lighter driver. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks. And congrats on your time as well. Can't believe your almost a second faster still. Must be nuts your car, mine actually scared me a few times today on some slightly bumpy country roads... Click here to enlarge
    it is a lot of fun. Click here to enlarge

Those little bumps or oscillations in the road, definitely makes things exciting when you're doing this kind of testing! The occasional white knuckle is good, makes you feel alive!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just noticed you guys are using that perdb site to spit out the graphs. Just tried it myself and it's pretty sweet! I used to not bother recording runs because I didn't want to bother doing the formatting in the VBOX software, lol. This was the best run from the previous tuning in Oct, 2012. I'll retest with the trans flash when schedule / weather permits.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cool Terry, I think it's great to see just how my car performs compared to yours. All things considered, being just 0.2 s slower with a full weight 335i MT and no meth just makes me even happier with the result Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great numbers!
    Do you have results without the upgraded RB Turbos? Curious to see what difference the turbo upgraded did for you if you have any results.
    Last edited by AltecBX; 03-10-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers!
    Do you have results without the upgraded RB Turbos? Curious to see what difference the turbo upgraded did for you if you have any results.
    Best recorded run on pump was 9.51 seconds, you can see it on "the other forum" in the 60-130 list, post #156.

So RB turbos + PTF E50 mix map improved my time by almost 2 full seconds. Not a bad upgrade Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Best recorded run on pump was 9.51 seconds, you can see it on "the other forum" in the 60-130 list, post #156.

So RB turbos + PTF E50 mix map improved my time by almost 2 full seconds. Not a bad upgrade Click here to enlarge
    Wow, that's a 20.5% difference with just RB + tuned E50 maps.. NICE Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great numbers!
    IIRC this is my best run from an identical setup only using factory turbos.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool Terry, I think it's great to see just how my car performs compared to yours. All things considered, being just 0.2 s slower with a full weight 335i MT and no meth just makes me even happier with the result Click here to enlarge
    Yes the autos are not geared that well for 60-130s (my 100-200kmh on the same run was 6.2s). But also for some reason my 1 has always been slightly slower than you'd expect on VBOX times. For example when it had factory turbos we tested it on the same road Hotrod uses, who had the same tuning, fewer mods, and more weight, but his E90 was still almost .2ths faster. We figured maybe it has something to do with the aerodynamic qualities of the 1. Regardless its always performed well at the runway events and dragstrip so I can't complain much. Click here to enlarge

Where not having meth is going to really hurt your performance is during long runway runs to 160mph. It doesn't add more power vs. E50 tuning but helps you maintain that power for longer periods of time. Do you have a log from your 60-130 runs? How was the IAT climb by 130?

Here is a log from Jon @ BMS' factory turbo E50 tuning (he doesn't have meth), notice how his IAT gets up to 150 in 5th. While my car on meth stayed around 90 degrees the entire run.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-10-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's cold around here now, around 30F. I don't have IATs for the run from yesterday, as I was logging LPFP and something else in stead, but when I did the pull in 4th gear I started at 36F and ended on 67 from a 40-135 pull in 4th gear. Last time I tested 100-300 kmh in 3+4+5+6 gear I started at ~35F and ended on only 102F. You've seen some of my logs when I ran on the JB4 + BMS Flash, it seems my dci+heatshield+scoops is working quite well. Come summer it will all be a lot warmer of course, and I may very well be going the meth route for cooling purposes alone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    IIRC this is my best run from an identical setup only using factory turbos.
    Wow, great numbers as well. So basically the RB turbos added about 11-12% of performance increase over factory turbos running E50 tuned map.
    Did you achieve that with Map5 + BMS Flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, great numbers as well. So basically the RB turbos added about 11-12% of performance increase over factory turbos running E50 tuned map.
    Did you achieve that with Map5 + BMS Flash?
    Map 3 with a 70-80 additive used in both cases.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats!!
    E92 FBO Cobb stage 2+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Animal29 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats!!
    Thanks Click here to enlarge