Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Once again, you are awesome for your dedication to your dream.

And your ability to generate funds for it.... (I am jealous!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your obsession with my build time is getting kind of lame. Relax, you'll see it next month.
    It's been "next month" 18 times already
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    It's been "next month" 18 times already
    True. But, it was done then it proved to be too much for the trans and then we have to upgrade and change things. Then timetables change.

Things happen man this isn't simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fundahl Click here to enlarge
    Once again, you are awesome for your dedication to your dream.

And your ability to generate funds for it.... (I am jealous!)
    Thank you.

Its been a dream, really a dream.
    First of all, all Wheel drive M3.
    Then being able to control torque distribution mechanically and electronically.
    0-51 mph % 45 front % 55 rear
    51-73 mph % 30 front % 70 rear
    73-100 mph % 27 front % 73 rear
    Being able to control the "torque distribution" via Pectel + home made control unit is something I cannot describe.

Been road testing and @ 20 psi 2nd gear almost no Wheel spin @ 8600 rpm. This was on 3 years old 225-40-18 Tropheo tires at front axle & 335 tires at the rear. Installed 245 hoosiers for higher boost.

Ordered carbon fiber doors for E46 Sedan, expecting to gut 160 LBS off of four doors...
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

Being able to control the "torque distribution" via Pectel + home made control unit is something I cannot describe.

Been road testing and @ 20 psi 2nd gear almost no Wheel spin @ 8600 rpm. This was on 3 years old 225-40-18 Tropheo tires at front axle & 335 tires at the rear. Installed 245 hoosiers for higher boost.

Ordered carbon fiber doors for E46 Sedan, expecting to gut 160 LBS off of four doors...
    Amazing work Mert. Can't wait to see this thing break some records.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well Mert you are really going big with this. Looking forward to the finished product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

This is amazing- really hope you complete this life long project..... Only 245's in the front? If you want to break records I'm pretty sure you're gonna need more meat than that.

Wish you would share more with the community though- I think we would all benefit. This is obviously a big part of your life- so I'm just curious as to why you don't like sharing more information- is it a pride thing? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 6spd_legend Click here to enlarge
    This is amazing- really hope you complete this life long project..... Only 245's in the front? If you want to break records I'm pretty sure you're gonna need more meat than that.

Wish you would share more with the community though- I think we would all benefit. This is obviously a big part of your life- so I'm just curious as to why you don't like sharing more information- is it a pride thing? lol
    Be happy he shares anything. He probably spends most of his time building this custom setup instead of just talking about it like the rest of us.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    Be happy he shares anything. He probably spends most of his time building this custom setup instead of just talking about it like the rest of us.
    You must be new. Mert does this for a living yet the information he shares is quite limited- however he does love to talk. I'd say 100:1 ration of talking to showing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You must be new. Mert does this for a living yet the information he shares is quite limited- however he does love to talk. I'd say 100:1 ration of talking to showing.
    You don't have to be a dick about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I do not do tuning / modifying for a living. Cars are just my passion and hobby.

I run a 60 year old family business from where I finance my cars.

I spend 99 % of my time running my non-automotive family business and at the same time manage my automotive team so that they progress on 3 of my M3s, Porsche Turbo etc....

Life long Project: Its been 22 months since the day I purchased E46 330 xi.
    In 6 months we had the turbo system, awd system mechanically built and road tests started.

Planning, designing, manufacturing, testing all Wheel drive system took 1 year. Remember torque to the front tires is controlled / changed by Pectel according to road speed, gear, Wheel spin, boost pressure. This is a complicated part as it had
    A) electronic control. I have a home made device between Pectel and AWD system.
    B) mechanical control. To be able to change torque to the front wheels. Transfer case is home made at my garage where there is no copy of the transfer case on the market. Complete custom.

I do plan on making a detailed thread, video, once the time figures pop offClick here to enlarge

245s may be or may not be enough. XM3s main advantage is that I start with lets say 44 % torque to the front wheels off the line or during roll before Wide Open Throttle, so XM3 goes into AWD before Wheel spin starts. On the other side, GTR and 997 TT go into AWD mode once Wheel spin is detected.
    I knew this feature as a 997 TT owner and designed my AWD system so that it does not allow Wheel spin, it simply prevents Wheel spin before it occurs.

XM3 was running very good, brought over a tech person from USA to wire, teach me how to build a motorsport harness. Just the harness, material, tech person's accomodation, flight cost close to 25.000 USD.
    700 USD / day x 14 days = 9800 USD just for labor, wiring one M3.....

The new harness is solid, top quality material is used, kinks, curves, temp resistance, ease of removal of sensors all reduce the amount of wiring based issues.

I can post 5000 photos of wiring, another 10.000 photos of all phases. I rather keep silent, wait till XM3 comes with faster figures, wish me luck will be drag racing 2 weeks later.

BTW, launch control has been one of the subjects to be cleared. We tried several methods, including start line feature of pectel. At the end, transbrake and software is dialed so that I can leave off the lights at even 45 psi with zero nitrous, zero antilag, w/o raising EGTs. Even this part took 4-6 weeks, but now I know how to get a M3 like a dog off the line and same parts, software is being applied to my E36 M3 Euro Twin Turbo.

Its a passion, it was a dream, to have an automatic and awd M3 at the same time. God enabled my dream, I do thank God every day.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

well, even if I spoke too much, my 4,2 seconds 60-130 is still at the top of E46 M3 60-130 list, even after 3 years...
    997 TT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234