4 6.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Methanol Injection Coolingmist vs Aquamist vs BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pcockley Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (as long as thats more often than my wife's annual wash)
    Click here to enlarge

2. #ADS

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Quick update here..Due to popular request one thing we'll be testing soon is wiring up the HFS-4 failsafe output direct to the DME via one of the sensors and possibly also add a mapping to the timing and/or boost tables based on flow from the sensor...we might feed flow itself or the failsafe output or both...got my car back finally and i'll be testing this on my car when i get some free time which these days is almost never Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Itsbrokeagain is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

I would rather just sit and wait til whatever fueling system we have coming out gets tested and is shown to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Quick update here..Due to popular request one thing we'll be testing soon is wiring up the HFS-4 failsafe output direct to the DME via one of the sensors and possibly also add a mapping to the timing and/or boost tables based on flow from the sensor...we might feed flow itself or the failsafe output or both...got my car back finally and i'll be testing this on my car when i get some free time which these days is almost never Click here to enlarge
    Which sensor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

This functionality is already available to the piggyback crowd but adding it to the Cobb would be very nice for those who do not stack. Look forward to updates AFTER you get the stage 3 going. Priorities!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

This functionality is already available to the piggyback crowd but adding it to the Cobb would be very nice for those who do not stack. Look forward to updates AFTER you get the stage 3 going. Priorities!
    Can never have too many failsafes I guess, especially the "integrated" kind Click here to enlarge Stage 3 is definitely top priority. We've spent quite a bit of time this weekend on it. According to Tony she's starting to lose grip in 3rd now on ACN 91 octane.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

According to Tony she's starting to lose grip in 3rd now on ACN 91 octane.Click here to enlarge
    Whoa...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Pft stock turbo cars lose grip in 3rd gear. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I guess what tires he's using would make a difference Click here to enlarge

If my car lost traction in 3rd gear, I'd have to change my underwear...2nd gear was scary enough!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

LOL Not in that slow ass ride of yours they don't
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Probably not on 91 octane...with no meth Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

I run 555Rs and I never loose grip in 3rd unless I hit a bump. Spins a bit in 2nd though. I ran factory rims / OEM runflats a few months ago just to remember what it was like and it would spin them through 3rd @ 17psi, lol. You can't tune properly when traction is an issue. Moral of the story: upgrade your tires. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I run 555Rs and I never loose grip in 3rd unless I hit a bump. Spins a bit in 2nd though. I ran factory rims / OEM runflats a few months ago just to remember what it was like and it would spin them through 3rd @ 17psi, lol. Moral of the story: Buy good tires. Click here to enlarge
    Oh really? On Cali 91 octane you spin decent tires in 3rd? This is also a 6MT so taller gearing...anyways you guys suck lol picking apart every little detail
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

Oh really? On Cali 91 octane you spin decent tires in 3rd? This is also a 6MT so taller gearing...anyways you guys suck lol picking apart every little detail
    With the 555Rs it won't spin them with 500wtq unless I hit a bump or am on a gravel road. On factory tires at around 400wtq it spins all over the place.

I think tuning for 91 octane first is a waste of time. No one will ever use it with a 12k+ turbo kit. It will always be 93 + meth or more likely E85 + meth. Normally you tune for the target fuel to showcase what the product can do and then work backwards as needed to specific pump gas only customer needs.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

With the 555Rs it won't spin them with 500wtq unless I hit a bump or am on a gravel road. On factory tires at around 400wtq it spins all over the place.

I think tuning for 91 octane first is a waste of time. No one will ever use it with a 12k+ turbo kit. It will always be 93 + meth or more likely E85 + meth. Normally you tune for the target fuel to showcase what the product can do and then work backwards as needed to specific pump gas only customer needs.
    Vishnu has been beat up over their meth requirement, I assume that might be why Tony wanted 91 octane/no meth numbers before pushing things.

I can't imagine running any significantly upgraded car on piss 91 though, so maybe that is the 'show car' crowd Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Well, yeah, these are definitely not drag radials, just street tires Click here to enlarge I have 555Rs on my car too, pretty hard to break traction in 3rd as well...

There are a lot of people that'd like to see and always ask for strictly pump gas numbers. I actually think its a great idea to maximize each octane and turn things up with more octane. Doing it another way is a bit backwards to me. Regardless, meth kit is hooked up and we can run it any time we wish.

We'll stick to the plan though..ACN 91 is first, pump 93 after then we go with the rest of the fuels from the fuel tank and lastly meth...i think it'll be really fun to see what it can do on 91, why not...its not like this kit is coming out of production and on the shelf tomorrow
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Vishnu has been beat up over their meth requirement, I assume that might be why Tony wanted 91 octane/no meth numbers before pushing things.

I can't imagine running any significantly upgraded car on piss 91 though, so maybe that is the 'show car' crowd Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who has tuned these cars on 91 knows it will make any turbo kit look pretty tame in comparison to even pump 93 octane. I just can't imagine anyone running larger turbos on 91 octane alone in the real world. It's going to be slower than factory turbos on an E85 mix. For RBs if they want to run 91 they need our pump flash (which is around 8 degrees advance peak), and 14.5psi, which makes something like 400-420rw. Sure there is another 20-30rw in there if someone wants to push it but pushing things on 91 octane is basically begging to crack a piston IMHO. These days it's rare I come across an RB customer wanting to run 93 octane alone too. It's always pump + meth, or E85, or most common E85 + meth.

They can do it however they want but publishing pump gas numbers first is horrible for marketing and more of a PITA to tune for. First 91 octane is volatile and when you're feeling a setup out it's easy to melt something. For my money you'd want to optimize the boost and fuel curves first on very high octane so you know what you're dealing with turbo hardware wise and then once you have a benchmark roll back advance and boost as needed for lower octane levels.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Anyone who has tuned these cars on 91 knows it will make any turbo kit look pretty tame in comparison to even pump 93 octane. I just can't imagine anyone running larger turbos on 91 octane alone in the real world. It's going to be slower than factory turbos on an E85 mix. For RBs if they want to run 91 they need our pump flash (which is around 8 degrees advance peak), and 14.5psi, which makes something like 400-420rw. Sure there is another 20-30rw in there if someone wants to push it but pushing things on 91 octane is basically begging to crack a piston IMHO. These days it's rare I come across an RB customer wanting to run 93 octane alone too. It's always pump + meth, or E85, or most common E85 + meth.

They can do it however they want but publishing pump gas numbers first is horrible for marketing and more of a PITA to tune for. First 91 octane is volatile and when you're feeling a setup out it's easy to melt something. For my money you'd want to optimize the boost and fuel curves first on very high octane so you know what you're dealing with turbo hardware wise and then once you have a benchmark roll back advance and boost as needed for lower octane levels.
    What else am I doing wrong? Click here to enlarge Come on...Timing is kept within MBT for 91 octane, its not hard to tune with, just less power potential...things detonate when you push them and stock frame turbos are way more prone to it than something that flows as well as this kit
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 03-11-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

chrisisnapping is offline Chalupa Batman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I think tuning for 91 octane first is a waste of time. No one will ever use it with a 12k+ turbo kit.
    i think you'd be surprised. There are people who are all about the dick measuring "I have so and so turbo, and only 10 other people do" but never really push the car, not comfortable with running meth, not in an area with 93/e85.

It's best to get the 91 out of the way and say "here are the numbers in the $#@!tiest scenario" then go to 93, 93+meth, 100oct, then e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    i think you'd be surprised. There are people who are all about the dick measuring "I have so and so turbo, and only 10 other people do" but never really push the car, not comfortable with running meth, not in an area with 93/e85.

It's best to get the 91 out of the way and say "here are the numbers in the $#@!tiest scenario" then go to 93, 93+meth, 100oct, then e85.
    My thoughts exactly and the reason why we're doing it this way
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge

Maybe in theory. In my experience those customers are not actually the first ones to line up to buy large turbo kits. And no one wants to sell to them first anyway as they often do push the cars on their pump gas and blow them up. And are the first ones to turn around and blame the kit manufacturer for their 10k repair bill.

I agree 91 numbers should be published at some point. I'm just saying its not something that would be on my personal radar at the moment. What we all want to know is are these going to be competitive with FFTEC's single turbo numbers? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Maybe in theory. In my experience those customers are not actually the first ones to line up to buy large turbo kits. And no one wants to sell to them first anyway as they often do push the cars on their pump gas and blow them up. And are the first ones to turn around and blame the kit manufacturer for their 10k repair bill.

I agree 91 numbers should be published at some point. I'm just saying its not something that would be on my personal radar at the moment. What we all want to know is are these going to be competitive with FFTEC's single turbo numbers? Click here to enlarge
    We all want big numbers, no doubt about that...one step at a time though and you'll get your crack at it too..load up on Q16 from the get-go if you so desire Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

Godspeed on the higher boost numbers. Hoping for 620rw+ and a broad RB turbo like power band at say 24psi on E85 + meth.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Godspeed on the higher boost numbers. Hoping for 620rw+ and a broad RB turbo like power band at say 24psi on E85 + meth.
    RB turbo like power band on a kit that has 860hp worth of air (more than the VFF700 PTE6262 that's rated for 700hp) with turbines much larger than the RBs? Are you nuts? Click here to enlarge I don't believe you're being honest with that Godspeed comment...you realize these are .64 AR housings on each of the GTX2863R right?
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 03-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Well, yeah, these are definitely not drag radials, just street tires Click here to enlarge I have 555Rs on my car too, pretty hard to break traction in 3rd as well...

There are a lot of people that'd like to see and always ask for strictly pump gas numbers. I actually think its a great idea to maximize each octane and turn things up with more octane. Doing it another way is a bit backwards to me. Regardless, meth kit is hooked up and we can run it any time we wish.

We'll stick to the plan though..ACN 91 is first, pump 93 after then we go with the rest of the fuels from the fuel tank and lastly meth...i think it'll be really fun to see what it can do on 91, why not...its not like this kit is coming out of production and on the shelf tomorrow
    Click here to enlarge

On power on 91 octane... a 1996 GM 3.4L DOHC V6 with 9.5:1 compression and port fuel running off one injector driver (read- bad fuel injection) can make 440 wheel horsepower on a GT35R on 11psi (7200 RPM redline). Granted we have higher compression, but we also have DI. Granted our heads flow like piss, but with the added VE from the new turbo manifolds I think some additional boost up top would be just fine, and even a little bump to the redline since it's a manual. The car wasn't out of breath there, but the bottom end was shady, so you might be surprised. Look at what DSM's and EVO's can do stock on pump 91 with a good kit. I'm very interested in these numbers, and more importantly the power curve provided for some fun theorizing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast