Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @terry - thanks for the info. I didn't know you can code away the seatbelt/airbag lights. That would be nice. When the wife borrows the car, she always asks if its safe to drive with all the lights (uh, yeah, as safe as 600whp RWD cars go). Regarding the smaller battery, you didn't have any issues with it draining too quickly? I used to have the tiny braille in my dedicated track car and it was useless, it always drained to nothing without a trickle charger attached to it.

@bmw335iguy & @terry - you are right ... I did take it to track one time, it was early in the tuning and a miserable showing on my part (i couldn't dial things in). It was "so long" ago, i.e. memory-is-shot-with-new-born-in-the-house, that i forgot about that. Thanks for the refresher on my life. Click here to enlarge

I would be interested in seeing if we can rent a track privately and not have the ET limits enforced. I'm sure we could wrangle a bunch of locals (norcal and social) to get together for this. Thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupertinosteve Click here to enlarge
    @terry - thanks for the info. I didn't know you can code away the seatbelt/airbag lights. That would be nice. When the wife borrows the car, she always asks if its safe to drive with all the lights (uh, yeah, as safe as 600whp RWD cars go). Regarding the smaller battery, you didn't have any issues with it draining too quickly? I used to have the tiny braille in my dedicated track car and it was useless, it always drained to nothing without a trickle charger attached to it.

@bmw335iguy & @terry - you are right ... I did take it to track one time, it was early in the tuning and a miserable showing on my part (i couldn't dial things in). It was "so long" ago, i.e. memory-is-shot-with-new-born-in-the-house, that i forgot about that. Thanks for the refresher on my life. Click here to enlarge

I would be interested in seeing if we can rent a track privately and not have the ET limits enforced. I'm sure we could wrangle a bunch of locals (norcal and social) to get together for this. Thoughts?
    I have the 15# braille in the garage and have not used that one in years. It left me stranded once or twice. The 21# is a lot better. The JB4 takes around 4 min to firmware update and it handles that just fine. But I would not sit in the car 10 minutes with the ignition on or try a flash tune fresh install with it.

The minicooper battery was great and almost as good as the factory one, only 15-20# lighter. It's a direct fit too with no special bracket required. IIRC around $170. I used it for 2-3 years and when it started to crap out a couple months ago decided to give the 21# braille a shot. HP Autowerks makes a nice bracket for the braille if you like a clean setup.

Most private track days won't enforce the rules. They have them at Famoso from time to time. The problem is few want to venture more than 100-150 miles away from home in case they break down. Which is easy to do when you're trying to push things.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn we should sticky this thread. It delivers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As long as all mods are disclosed, i dont think anyone really cares when going for the gold times are posted. BUT.. i think we would like to see something, anything, on straight pump gas for an idea of what it can do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Steve have the 100-200kmh chart for your 6.88 run?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryBMS Click here to enlarge
    Hey Steve have the 100-200kmh chart for your 6.88 run?
    I have the .db files but I can't post pics. 100-200kph was 5.812s with a -1.73% slope. He needs to address the wheel spin in 3rd by running a smoother road. Definitely costing him some time there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we gonna see that graph or what?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234