Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed 50/50 is definitely OK. but don;t forget both us are running meth (I was Click here to enlarge) so that's why we see negative trims up there Click here to enlarge. I don't think OP is running E85
    HAHA didn't even cross my mind been using meth for to long I guess lol but yep your right upgrade or use meth and all is good..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    COBB's already come out & said there are no plans to release full E85 OTS Maps (the OEM fueling system cannot support that without meth or a fuel pump upgrade). You can easily run straight E85 (on stock turbos, no meth) but upgrading to the Walbro Pump. There def won't be enough fuel to support 100% E85 with RB Turbos, Vargas or the Single's
    Yes I have the pump, and understand the projected fueling limits. An OTS or user-tuned e85 map would be nice. I know how to tune the 'cede, but not the AP and would love to start with a solid map.
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I took ots e30 map and tried to tune myself went ok but never seemed to get it right or where I wanted it to go and log after log after log got to be to much so PTF I went (thanks marv) as of right now very close to perfection thanks (dzenno) almost done and very happy....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    An OTS or user-tuned e85 map would be nice. I know how to tune the 'cede, but not the AP and would love to start with a solid map.
    Chances are if an end-user couldn't figure it out, a knowledgeable tuner (someone familiar with the N54, E85 tuning & using the COBB tuning module) could easily nail down an "OTS E85" Map, that's kept very conservative with boost, timing & the AFR, but bumps up the fuel scalar (and other necessary changes) to run straight E85.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The only real issue I see with the average user tuning for straight e85 is that there will be soo much knock suppresion that you will almost certainly be past MBT before you start seeing corrections. A dyno would be a necessity... either that or have to rely on VD or "feel" and stay conservative.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12