Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vac-motorsports Hub Extenders installed

Was having a slight issue with my rims slightly rubbing the coilover so I put on a 3MM spacer and got a slight vibration so I put on a 5MM spacer with the vac motorsports hub extender.

DIY: Put Anti-seaze on lip and beat in with rubber mallet (30 second job!).

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I put on a 5MM spacer with the vac motorsports hub extender.
    Vibration is gone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Vibration is gone?
    completely gone, I was a bit shocked lol! Wasn't a crazy bad vibration.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    completely gone, I was a bit shocked lol! Wasn't a crazy bad vibration.
    Well glad to hear it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well glad to hear it.
    well with the$60.00 for added safety to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the purpose of this? I use 12mm spacers without issues.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    What's the purpose of this? I use 12mm spacers without issues.
    All spacers above 10MM have there own hub, 2-8MM do not and when used basically leave you with 1/2 or less of your hub exposed...hub extenders give you your hub back that you lost with the spacer. Basically makes a 2-8MM spacer hubcentric.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All spacers above 10MM have there own hub, 2-8MM do not and when used basically leave you with 1/2 or less of your hub exposed...hub extenders give you your hub back that you lost with the spacer. Basically makes a 2-8MM spacer hubcentric.
    +1 repped. Thanks for the tech tip! I thought we were stuck with 10mm or greater spacers to retain the hubcentric feature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    +1 repped. Thanks for the tech tip! I thought we were stuck with 10mm or greater spacers to retain the hubcentric feature.
    thank you! I should note these hub extenders only work with 5-8MM spacers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are the man Rob! Nice...