Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

someone has blown the ecu 30BB

my story now you believe what they want

As you know I am a fan forever bms despite problems with Mr. terry

my car always worked well until my upgrade to JB4 g5 g5 sent back to the mike and mike terry sent her to oversee all good

after a long wait I get my g5 and bms cobb ...

After mounting the cobb g5 and the car ran perfect 3 day ran like a rocket

but to 4 day the car had enough and left a lot of codes
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That's very unfortunate, however I doubt the JB had anything to do with it. It's a pretty well documented issue of DME failures that fall within a certain build date.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    That's very unfortunate, however I doubt the JB had anything to do with it. It's a pretty well documented issue of DME failures that fall within a certain build date.
    my dme car msd80 20-11-2007

I would not say it is because of jb or cobb

I just explained what happened if someone had the same problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

It's a common problem unrelated to tuning as I told that customer. He needs to replace the DME transistor or replace the DME and move on with his life. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was on g5 and I fried my DME. It was because of the DME being part of the faulty batch though and nothing tuning related. Hope it works out well for you. Btw you should still be under warranty under the emissions act or whatever the hell it is. De-mod and bring that $#@! in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's a common problem unrelated to tuning as I told that customer. He needs to replace the DME transistor or replace the DME and move on with his life. Click here to enlarge
    terry liar not please Click here to enlarge

I sent an email to you with pictures of problem and you do not answer me

mike instead, if I answer all my emails and I am very grateful to your help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Had the same thing happen to me, its faulty diodes in the injector transistors (known issue). It's an easy fix, check for a short between the drain and source (multimeter continuity test). Replace that transistor, your coil will probably be fried to, replace that as well and enjoy your car. I had 1 and 3 $#@! the bed on me, dealership was worthless so I fixed it myself (85 cents for the transistor).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    terry liar not please Click here to enlarge

I sent an email to you with pictures of problem and you do not answer me

mike instead, if I answer all my emails and I am very grateful to your help
    Right, any email you personally send to me is forwarded to Mike@n54tuning, your dealer. I assumed you were talking about some other European ESL guy who has been emailing me about a 30BB code. Anyway, common problem, easy fix. Find the DIY and start soldering.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Common issue with msd80. Well documented in TSB. Dealer will start with coils first. Next, dme replacement. And may replace coils, as well. DME should be covered by emission standards if you're within federal or state warranty period. My dme went and I was running a different tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I read it.
    In your case, replace 3 MOSFETs. Seems like an easy fix to a serious problem.
    You need to order (at least 3, looking at your error codes) IRF644S in SMD 220 package. The TO220 version does not fit the DME housing.
    Let's hope these shorts did not take out some of the coils. But fix the DME first.
    Normally MOSFETs short to ground so the coils probably will be fine.
    Last edited by DavidV; 03-06-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I read it.
    In your case, replace 3 MOSFETs. Seems like an easy fix to a serious problem.
    You need to order (at least 3, looking at your error codes) IRF644S in SMD 220 package. The TO220 version does not fit the DME housing.
    Let's hope these shorts did not take out some of the coils. But fix the DME first.
    Normally MOSFETs short to ground so the coils probably will be fine.
    Better perhaps because my dealer will take care of everything in my car

muchas gracias amigo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]