Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 251
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Would be epic. I'd pay $10 to see you race Drew & Shiv. Maybe they will let you guys go triple wide down the runway. Click here to enlarge
    Oh how nice would that be?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Well, I'm just saying something doesn't add up. He said he beat a 600 HP GTR on E85, but theres a vid of me running a stock GTR (545 HP) and I trapped 146-150 MPH every time down the track (including that run and you can critique my shifts/racing "savvy" in the vid). But to beat the GTR he references, he'd have to be running 150+ MPH.
    He actually said he lost to the 600hp GTR. With a tune and intake, I would take a guess he gained about 40-50rwhp. So he's probably in the high 400s in a lightweight sub 3200lbs car with ridiculous gearing and aerodynamics, it should be no surprise as to why he was on Terry's ass. Don't hate on the so called old man who knows a thing or two lol.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Speaking of your car sticky, is it going to run in my lifetime? Maybe you can sneak in to the ShiftSector event if its running well. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I contacted Shift Sector and I can use my "credit" but they only have Sunday available. Meh.

    Ya, big comp can make big power with tons of octane. Lower comp gives more flexibility definitely but also less off-boost power.

    It will run soon... Click here to enlarge
    We can all have a meet one night. I still owe you a good run @terrry@bms

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You raise a valid point man...
    Meh.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Well, I'm just saying something doesn't add up. He said he beat a 600 HP GTR on E85, but theres a vid of me running a stock GTR (545 HP) and I trapped 146-150 MPH every time down the track (including that run and you can critique my shifts/racing "savvy" in the vid). But to beat the GTR he references, he'd have to be running 150+ MPH.
    Man, I don't mean to rain on your parade but his car is very possible at doing what it did. At the last airstrip event I was hitting 150 in my car with the .45 mile not even a full half.I raced a z06 with intake and tune just like him and he trapped 160. Move to the 2.15 mark to watch me vs z06.




    Another thing, your driving skills could improve a lot. Your shifts and not clean at all and take way too much time. This is how you drive a corvette.

    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield,Ca
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    110.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Well, I'm just saying something doesn't add up. He said he beat a 600 HP GTR on E85, but theres a vid of me running a stock GTR (545 HP) and I trapped 146-150 MPH every time down the track (including that run and you can critique my shifts/racing "savvy" in the vid). But to beat the GTR he references, he'd have to be running 150+ MPH.
    If you look closer at my post I said I lost to the 600hp GTR by a car length. He got that probably a little after my 2-3 shift, and then we stayed dead even, just like my race with Terry's 135i. The reason I "backed out" of the race with your ZR1 is after asking you what speed you trapped (answer 145-150), I knew the race would be a little embarrassing for a new owner of a ZR1, as I was running 159-160 all day every race. My car hits 7000rpm in fourth right at the finish. I missed one shift all day (2-3) and that was the next to the last race of the day for me (I'm 60 years old and honestly was getting tired). And yes I'll hand it to a stock GTR in a roll race anytime. Maybe I do have the fastest "stock" ZO6, who knows, but I have been driving manual trannies since I was 10 years old, and yes I probably could school you in some "race savvy tips" if you'd like. I'll be at Coalinga Airport April 7th for Shift S3ctor event of the same (1/2 mile roll race), and I'll be glad to show you how fast I can go and how I do it.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Another thing, your driving skills could improve a lot. Your shifts and not clean at all and take way too much time. This is how you drive a corvette.
    Or like this.. Click here to enlarge

    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield,Ca
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    110.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    He actually said he lost to the 600hp GTR. With a tune and intake, I would take a guess he gained about 40-50rwhp. So he's probably in the high 400s in a lightweight sub 3200lbs car with ridiculous gearing and aerodynamics, it should be no surprise as to why he was on Terry's ass. Don't hate on the so called old man who knows a thing or two lol.
    That would all be close to correct. We all know dynos can vary,etc. My car did 460rwhp totally stock. I bought it used with 3900 miles from a dealer in Petaluma who new the owner. He was an old guy like me, who had quite a few nice cars. I think what happens is the old guys think "I'll buy the fast Corvette" but they don't realize how fast they are, and get scared, i.e., the low mileage after 4 and 1/2 years of ownership. (I wouldn't fall it that category.) We put on a Vararam CAI and tuned it with HP Tuners and it put down 503rwhp. Because the Vararam is actually a ram air device with a big scoop right behind the wide mouth grill of the ZO6, the car actually builds about a 1/2lb of boost over 100mph, and probably a little more the faster you go (just a guess). My tuner says he has never seen this with any other CAI. I'm not saying that's the answer to the cars speed, as personally, I think it's from the last line in the quote above!Click here to enlarge

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    that's what you call no lift shift baby. $#@!ing sweet.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    that's what you call no lift shift baby. $#@!ing sweet.
    Hell yea that boy can throw em! That's currently the fastest ZR1 I think.. Unless the record was just recently broken. You know how that sh*t goes though, blink and someone else has a better time or trap speed lol
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Amerkin Click here to enlarge
    If you look closer at my post I said I lost to the 600hp GTR by a car length. He got that probably a little after my 2-3 shift, and then we stayed dead even, just like my race with Terry's 135i. The reason I "backed out" of the race with your ZR1 is after asking you what speed you trapped (answer 145-150), I knew the race would be a little embarrassing for a new owner of a ZR1, as I was running 159-160 all day every race. My car hits 7000rpm in fourth right at the finish. I missed one shift all day (2-3) and that was the next to the last race of the day for me (I'm 60 years old and honestly was getting tired). And yes I'll hand it to a stock GTR in a roll race anytime. Maybe I do have the fastest "stock" ZO6, who knows, but I have been driving manual trannies since I was 10 years old, and yes I probably could school you in some "race savvy tips" if you'd like. I'll be at Coalinga Airport April 7th for Shift S3ctor event of the same (1/2 mile roll race), and I'll be glad to show you how fast I can go and how I do it.

    Lol, well, thanks for "saving me the embarrassment," - guess we may never know (I will be out of town for ShiftSector, maybe we can catch Tony's next event, but I'd be curious to know how you push your skinny pedal down further than mine - I started in 2nd and was thru the gate in 5th (a bit) every run, I redline 6500 tho and we have the same tranny and diff) - but wasn't that the point of Saturday??? The thing is, you willingly backed out of the race then come here and talk sh!t on the internets... thats backwards.


    Bash on my granny shifting all you want, I never said I was Ben Rhodes, its just really too bad Tony didnt have speed traps - All I had was a dash mounted Garmin NUVI GPS recording the "top speed" - maybe it was off. I beat the guy in the blue supercharged C5 vert and he also "said" he was trapping 160-165... Who knows.


    Sounds like it could have been a good race though.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Another thing, your driving skills could improve a lot. Your shifts and not clean at all and take way too much time. This is how you drive a corvette.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnmiwGCs9SU
    Nice video - is that you driving?

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@!!, now that is a sick vid.Click here to enlarge

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Nice video - is that you driving?
    Driving the cobalt yes LOL. That is my friend driving the corvette.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield,Ca
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    110.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Lol, well, thanks for "saving me the embarrassment," - guess we may never know (I will be out of town for ShiftSector, maybe we can catch Tony's next event, but I'd be curious to know how you push your skinny pedal down further than mine - I started in 2nd and was thru the gate in 5th (a bit) every run, I redline 6500 tho and we have the same tranny and diff) - but wasn't that the point of Saturday??? The thing is, you willingly backed out of the race then come here and talk sh!t on the internets... thats backwards.
    So saying your driving wasn't as "capable" is talking $#@!e? Uhh...well, I'll leave it at that. And yes, as a fellow Vette owner, especially with the king of, I thought I would save you the embarrassment of having it handed to you by a basically stock underling. And the skinny pedal doesn't go any further down, but the harmony of the clutch and throttle does make a difference. I shift at 6500 also because the car is faster than going to 7000, but I do pull 7000 in 4th which gives me 159-160mph. So I guess I shouldn't have been scared of your 145-150 trap speed and "backed down", and gone ahead with the race. If we do meet up again it will happen.
    Bash on my granny shifting all you want, I never said I was Ben Rhodes, its just really too bad Tony didnt have speed traps - All I had was a dash mounted Garmin NUVI GPS recording the "top speed" - maybe it was off. I beat the guy in the blue supercharged C5 vert and he also "said" he was trapping 160-165... Who knows.


    Sounds like it could have been a good race though.
    Sorry for the placement of my response, as somehow it got mixed with his quote! Computers!!!

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    219.2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Tony, the event was a huge success, I had a blast and it was well run and organized.
    Thanks. Your cars were absolute mosters
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    its just really too bad Tony didnt have speed traps
    definitely going to look into those for the next one!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    where were the blazingly fast single turbo 335s??
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    where were the blazingly fast single turbo 335s??
    They spent their time working on their words per minute on e90post.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    I'm doing one last run of shirts so whomever wants an event shirt better e-mail me fast admin@germanboost.com . Shirts have GermanBoost.com on the back not BimmerBoost.com in the latest version:

    Click here to enlarge

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They spent their time working on their words per minute on e90post.
    i almost died...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    where were the blazingly fast single turbo 335s??
    There was a fast 135 at the event.....very fast, impressed the hell out of me. It was a white 135
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    My C also has a pump gas tune and stock internals. my car will be out there a few more weeks, maybe we can set something up if you get a stage 3 installed or find a stage 3 car for me to race.
    Wow I didn't know the Weistec Stg 3 was pump on stock internals. Very impressed.

    I probably wont do a Stg 3 build but I do know the Red Stg 3 ESS M3 in the vid I posted will be at the Shift Sector event in early April. Would be terrific to see you guys do a couple runs. It's a two day event and currently April 6th (Sat) is sold out but there are some spots for April 7 (Sun).
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Wow I didn't know the Weistec Stg 3 was pump on stock internals. Very impressed.

    I probably wont do a Stg 3 build but I do know the Red Stg 3 ESS M3 in the vid I posted will be at the Shift Sector event in early April. Would be terrific to see you guys do a couple runs. It's a two day event and currently April 6th (Sat) is sold out but there are some spots for April 7 (Sun).
    Yes, stock internal and pump tune but I had race fuel in the tank for the event. My CLK has Weistec pistons and rods, race gas tune, Weistec race ported heads and more boost than my C.

    I am considering doing shift sector event.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    16.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Greetings, I am Sean the owner of the SP Engineering 950R GT-R at the event.

    Thank you sponsors especially Germanboost.com for allowing this event to happen, as well as Tony Lopez from Omega Motorsport Events for setting up the venue and putting it together. These events require significant effort and planning and induce much anxiety for those involved in organizing and I can't thank you guys enough for securing a place for all of us to push our cars in a safe and controlled environment. The runway conditions were near perfect, and thank you Tony for getting a sweeper to dust off the runway before the event.

    I met some very cool owners and enthusiasts at the event and a great pleasure talking to you all, especially member JRCART here, the owner of the CLK AMG Black and one of my favorite cars there, the cleanly done white C63 AMG Black. Cool guy and a great sport!

    There are some questions about my car's setup: it is running OEM turbo housings with upgraded cartridge with completely built bottom end and trans and I do daily drive it. This same SP Engineering setup from a fellow SPE client holds the GT-R 1/4-mile world record for fastest and quickest stock manifold and modified turbo GT-R at 9.16 and 159 mph.

    At the NO FLY ZONE event, I consistently hit 183-185 mph at the 1/2 mile marker and pushed the car for more top speed, hitting 189 mph on the 20th run and finally 191 mph on the 21st and final run of the day.. those speeds were achieved after the 1/2 mile marker. We consumed a total of 15 gallons of race fuel for the event. What a blast!!

    Sean

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R35 Click here to enlarge
    Greetings, I am Sean the owner of the SP Engineering 950R GT-R at the event.

    Thank you sponsors especially Germanboost.com for allowing this event to happen, as well as Tony Lopez from Omega Motorsport Events for setting up the venue and putting it together. These events require significant effort and planning and induce much anxiety for those involved in organizing and I can't thank you guys enough for securing a place for all of us to push our cars in a safe and controlled environment. The runway conditions were near perfect, and thank you Tony for getting a sweeper to dust off the runway before the event.

    I met some very cool owners and enthusiasts at the event and a great pleasure talking to you all, especially member JRCART here, the owner of the CLK AMG Black and one of my favorite cars there, the cleanly done white C63 AMG Black. Cool guy and a great sport!

    There are some questions about my car's setup: it is running OEM turbo housings with upgraded cartridge with completely built bottom end and trans and I do daily drive it. This same SP Engineering setup from a fellow SPE client holds the GT-R 1/4-mile world record for fastest and quickest stock manifold and modified turbo GT-R at 9.16 and 159 mph.

    At the NO FLY ZONE event, I consistently hit 183-185 mph at the 1/2 mile marker and pushed the car for more top speed, hitting 189 mph on the 20th run and finally 191 mph on the 21st and final run of the day.. those speeds were achieved after the 1/2 mile marker. We consumed a total of 15 gallons of race fuel for the event. What a blast!!

    Sean
    What is the wheel HP on the GTR?

    Very familiar with SP-Engineering, thanks for coming out guys. Look forward to importboost.com soon Click here to enlarge

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,255
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I said I'll take Sunday. Apparently there is some BimmerPost fastest BMW shootout. How funny would it be for BimmerBoost to win BimmerPost's event? Click here to enlarge
    That would be worth every penny spent
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    That would be worth every penny spent
    Well let's hope they finally make an event...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •