Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the wheel HP on the GTR?

Very familiar with SP-Engineering, thanks for coming out guys. Look forward to importboost.com soon Click here to enlarge
    On SP Engineering's mustang dyno it put out 926 awhp and 808 ft lbs on 30psi with c16. Of course dyno numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt and to be used primarily for tuning purposes. This setup would easily read 1000+ whp on a dynojet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R35 Click here to enlarge
    On SP Engineering's mustang dyno it put out 926 awhp and 808 ft lbs on 30psi with c16. Of course dyno numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt and to be used primarily for tuning purposes. This setup would easily read 1000+ whp on a dynojet.
    I like me some dyno numbers. Thanks, stout car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Greetings, I am Sean the owner of the SP Engineering 950R GT-R at the event.

Thank you sponsors especially Germanboost.com for allowing this event to happen, as well as Tony Lopez from Omega Motorspoksrt Events for setting up the venue and putting it together. These events require significant effort and planning and induce much anxiety for those involved in organizing and I can't thank you guys enough for securing a place for all of us to push our cars in a safe and controlled environment. The runway conditions were near perfect, and thank you Tony for getting a sweeper to dust off the runway before the event.

I met some very cool owners and enthusiasts at the event and a great pleasure talking to you all, especially member JRCART here, the owner of the CLK AMG Black and one of my favorite cars there, the cleanly done white C63 AMG Black. Cool guy and a great sport!

There are some questions about my car's setup: it is running OEM turbo housings with upgraded cartridge with completely built bottom end and trans and I do daily drive it. This same SP Engineering setup from a fellow SPE client holds the GT-R 1/4-mile world record for fastest and quickest stock manifold and modified turbo GT-R at 9.16 and 159 mph.

At the NO FLY ZONE event, I consistently hit 183-185 mph at the 1/2 mile marker and pushed the car for more top speed, hitting 189 mph on the 20th run and finally 191 mph on the 21st and final run of the day.. those speeds were achieved after the 1/2 mile marker. We consumed a total of 15 gallons of race fuel for the event. What a blast!!

Sean
    Hey Sean, I just registered on a couple of GTR forums looking formyou. Your car is a monster and you deserve props and praise for having the fastest car at the event. Weistec has posted some videos of our runs. I am thinking about doinf Shift Sector, are you runing that event? I might be able to eek out a few more ponies between now and then and we can have a rematch. Great meeting you and your car is simply amazing.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sean , here is the vid f our second race. Both cars sound amazing at the finish line, like a couple fighter jets doing a fly by.

Feel free to share the vid on any GTR forums you frequent
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhXLlz...p;feature=plcp
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Sean , here is the vid f our second race. Both cars sound amazing at the finish line, like a couple fighter jets doing a fly by.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhXLlzQ1_Q&feature=plcp[/url]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No in car vid?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Feel free to share the vid on any GTR forums you frequent
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhXLlzQ1_Q&feature=plcp[/url]
    Thank you!! I have some footage as well, and will post up as soon as I can find somebody to edit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and will post up as soon as I can find somebody to edit.
    I can edit...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That whine of the supercharger is awesome..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Greetings, I am Sean the owner of the SP Engineering 950R GT-R at the event.

Thank you sponsors especially Germanboost.com for allowing this event to happen, as well as Tony Lopez from Omega Motorsport Events for setting up the venue and putting it together. These events require significant effort and planning and induce much anxiety for those involved in organizing and I can't thank you guys enough for securing a place for all of us to push our cars in a safe and controlled environment. The runway conditions were near perfect, and thank you Tony for getting a sweeper to dust off the runway before the event.

I met some very cool owners and enthusiasts at the event and a great pleasure talking to you all, especially member JRCART here, the owner of the CLK AMG Black and one of my favorite cars there, the cleanly done white C63 AMG Black. Cool guy and a great sport!

There are some questions about my car's setup: it is running OEM turbo housings with upgraded cartridge with completely built bottom end and trans and I do daily drive it. This same SP Engineering setup from a fellow SPE client holds the GT-R 1/4-mile world record for fastest and quickest stock manifold and modified turbo GT-R at 9.16 and 159 mph.

At the NO FLY ZONE event, I consistently hit 183-185 mph at the 1/2 mile marker and pushed the car for more top speed, hitting 189 mph on the 20th run and finally 191 mph on the 21st and final run of the day.. those speeds were achieved after the 1/2 mile marker. We consumed a total of 15 gallons of race fuel for the event. What a blast!!

Sean
    I've seen a GT-R that looks similar to yours running around the Orange County area in Fullerton. Caught my attention one day on Harbor because of how nice it sounded. Its a shot in the dark but figured it might be you. If not, awesome car btw Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    I've seen a GT-R that looks similar to yours running around the Orange County area in Fullerton. Caught my attention one day on Harbor because of how nice it sounded. Its a shot in the dark but figured it might be you. If not, awesome car btw Click here to enlarge
    I don't frequent Fullerton much but you may see me in Woodland Hills where I spend the majority of my weekdays.

Hey Sean, I just registered on a couple of GTR forums looking formyou. Your car is a monster and you deserve props and praise for having the fastest car at the event. Weistec has posted some videos of our runs. I am thinking about doinf Shift Sector, are you runing that event? I might be able to eek out a few more ponies between now and then and we can have a rematch. Great meeting you and your car is simply amazing.
    Would love to run again, that would be a lot of fun regardless of the outcome. I am on NAGTROC (gtrlife.com) but am more of a lurker than poster. Thank you for the props but really all I deserve props for is enjoying my car at events like this. The tuners such as SP Engineering and Weistec do all the work, I'm just driving and having a blast. I am 50/50 on Shift-s3ctor dependent on unconfirmed obligations, but am trying hard to make it out. There will be some big guns out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the z06 owner isnt gonna like my video! hahah (i was surprised to say the least).... if you only have the mods you say you do my hats off sir.

http://www.youtube.com/user/laruei

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by laruei Click here to enlarge
    the z06 owner isnt gonna like my video! hahah (i was surprised to say the least).... if you only have the mods you say you do my hats off sir.

This one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

LMFAO!!!! Vid just made my night! Click here to enlarge

@Amerkin you were running brother! Click here to enlarge
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some vids I came across.. Haven't seen them posted here yet. Not sure if any of them belong to any members? My apologies if I jumped the gun posting your vids Click here to enlarge

03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Talking

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    LMFAO!!!! Vid just made my night! Click here to enlarge

@Amerkin you were running brother! Click here to enlarge
    Lol that's the one
    2003 Cobra #1484 Signed by O. John Coletti himself - My youtube: laruei Engine: KB 2.2 @17lbs (going e85 soon) - Accufab TB - Stiege ported lower intake - Full Billetflow idlers and snubber - SCT BA3000 MAF - Siemen Deka 60LB - 40a BAP w/wiring upgrade - Canton Road Race Pan & Windage Tray - Full Bassani Exhaust (mid-lengths, catted x-pipe, and cat back) - Racers Edge Tunning tune - JLT NextGen High Boost - LFP Dual pass heat exchanger - LFP Heat Exch Tank - Canton Coolant Tank - Invictus HCM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That was really funny stuff! Thanks for the compliment, and yes no BS, that is all that's been done to it. Believe me, when I bought it last July, I was pretty surprised how it ran. Bone stock it ran 11.9/120 at Famoso, on a warm day, and I was pretty disappointed in the mph, though. It dyno'd 460 before the tune and CAI. After it did 503rwhp, but what I noticed on the dyno graph was the power for some reason was peaking about 250rpm sooner. I was shifting at 7000 before, so after the mods I shifted at 6500, and that combination netted 8mph in the 1/4 mile. Another thing is the ram air effect I mentioned (I believe) in an earlier post that builds 1/2lb of boost over 100mph. That type of racing (1/2 mile roll) is ideal for this car. I touch 7000rpm in 4th right at the finish=159-160mph. I had an '02 ZO6 previously with a ton of work done (425ci, ported LS7 heads, big cam, ported tb and intake manifold, LT headers, C6 rear end with a Quaife diff,etc.) and it trapped 128 with 580rwhp on slicks. I think one of the issues in comparison is the trans gearing is considerably better in the '08 ZO6, and I think a little better aero. All I know is, the '08 is considerably easier to drive than the highly modded '02, and it hauls ass in the 1/2 mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @laruei Nice videos! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't frequent Fullerton much but you may see me in Woodland Hills where I spend the majority of my weekdays.
    Ahh, you're the guy my buddy from Ventura Motorsports keeps telling me about. He says he always sees you at the 76 Gas station and you were at the last Shift s3ctor event I remember seeing you there too. Your car is beautiful man.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very welcome guys. Keep that factory freak running strong man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very welcome guys. Keep that factory freak running strong man!
    Thanks, I will as long as I'm able. And thanks for having the goods to be willing to post the video, I greatly appreciate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great vids everyone. Getting great media and great feedback from everyone. And the first question still has been "When's the next one?!?!"

I think there may be time to squeeze another in for all those that missed out, and those that would like to do it again... before summerClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
    Great vids everyone. Getting great media and great feedback from everyone. And the first question still has been "When's the next one?!?!"

I think there may be time to squeeze another in for all those that missed out, and those that would like to do it again... before summerClick here to enlarge
    That would be awesome!! I hope I can make it down if it does happen as this one looked epic and I was sorry i couldn't make it down to try out the 335Xi single turbo with some real comparisons

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge

Tony that would great! I'm hopelessly hooked. (There are worse addictions.)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast