Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

This is my first time using the DynoJet software so I couldn't get the bottom part of the graph with the boost going. I also couldn't get the torque on. I'm sure it'll be done by tomorrow but I'm pretty tired.

Runs were very consistent and I am extremely happy. The one thing which I will say which will probably make me sound like a nitpicker is that the guy running the Dyno messed up the run prior to the highest one recorded. He didn't press the "sample" button before the run so it was a wasted run. Could have it been lower? Sure. Could have it been higher? Sure. Will we know? Nope. Will I go back on the dyno over a possible few HP? Nope! Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I know you guys are understanding on here so I don't have to worry about getting flamed. Can't wait for some wise ass replies on the "dark side"... Click here to enlarge
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice graph nik Click here to enlarge we have that lovely stage 3 sitting waiting........
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge

This is my first time using the DynoJet software so I couldn't get the bottom part of the graph with the boost going. I also couldn't get the torque on. I'm sure it'll be done by tomorrow but I'm pretty tired.

Runs were very consistent and I am extremely happy. The one thing which I will say which will probably make me sound like a nitpicker is that the guy running the Dyno messed up the run prior to the highest one recorded. He didn't press the "sample" button before the run so it was a wasted run. Could have it been lower? Sure. Could have it been higher? Sure. Will we know? Nope. Will I go back on the dyno over a possible few HP? Nope! Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I know you guys are understanding on here so I don't have to worry about getting flamed. Can't wait for some wise ass replies on the "dark side"... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

These idiots didn't record RPM!!!! No tq! Who does that!?!? I figured it was somewhere in the settings but nope. Never been on a dyno that does this. I'll be calling CLM in Newark when they open. The really owe me a free hour as they know I was using this dyno to compare to my old one (shows tq) and the manufacturer!
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

598 STD...

I don't know what to say Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

These idiots didn't record RPM!!!! No tq! Who does that!?!? I figured it was somewhere in the settings but nope. Never been on a dyno that does this. I'll be calling CLM in Newark when they open. The really owe me a free hour as they know I was using this dyno to compare to my old one (shows tq) and the manufacturer!

Yeah it sucks. They should of put rpm as that is standard practice. Good news is you made over 580 whp so we can make a very good estimate of your tq even though its not showing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

That sounds amateurish and is a cause for concern IMO... wouldn't become my number 1 dyno shop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    598 STD...

I don't know what to say Click here to enlarge
    And without a Bs spike at redline .. Look at that !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    And without a Bs spike at redline
    Which is used strategically to inflate peak figures Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well just found out from a friend that they don't have the right connector there for BMW/European cars to do the RPM reading. They could have told me as I did show them the dyno I was using as a comparison point but such is life. There was a shop in Garwood, NJ that had a DynoJet (20 min away) but they are MIA. They are also more of Honda tuner so might run into the same problem. I think the nearest DynoJet that could do this is in Conneticut so really no promises with going there...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Ive seen some Eas dyno's that include up to 20 whp spikes. Anyway I am happy to hear our kits are performing just like we said they would. PERFECT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

They could have told me as I did show them the dyno I was using as a comparison point but such is life
    They should have but didn't because you would have gone somewhere else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Ive seen some Eas dyno's that include up to 20 whp spikes. Anyway I am happy to hear our kits are performing just like we said they would. PERFECT
    EAS dynos... L O L.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Well just found out from a friend that they don't have the right connector there for BMW/European cars to do the RPM reading. They could have told me as I did show them the dyno I was using as a comparison point but such is life. There was a shop in Garwood, NJ that had a DynoJet (20 min away) but they are MIA. They are also more of Honda tuner so might run into the same problem. I think the nearest DynoJet that could do this is in Conneticut so really no promises with going there...

Nik its just a rpm signal clamp that connects to the spark plug wire. It is not Bmw specific!
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 03-14-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The exact thing I was told is that they "don't have the input for euro/BMW".

Connector - Input ? Same thing to me. Maybe a different thing in reality. Click here to enlarge

I'll talk to the shop when they open and clear this up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well nevermind on that...

The guy didn't bother to hook it up Click here to enlarge

He was nice enough to make this right and is going to give me some free runs tomorrow or so when the time is good for both of us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

He was nice enough to make this right and is going to give me some free runs tomorrow or so when the time is good for both ofus.
    That is the right solution. Still, should not have been an issue in the first place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Nik its just a rpm signal clamp that connects to the spark plug wire. It is not Bmw specific!
    This makes it even worse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'll clarify this with them, but my buddy that went back in 2011 said they couldn't do torque at all then for his M3 so he didn't go back.

It definitely shouldn't have happened but what can ya do. Eh at least I'll have more dynos to compare to. Will have quite a lot of data for the review I've been waiting to do with the MPSI dyno, video, these dynos and I'll try to take some highway runs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'll clarify this with them, but my buddy that went back in 2011 said they couldn't do torque at all then for his M3 so he didn't go back.

It definitely shouldn't have happened but what can ya do. Eh at least I'll have more dynos to compare to. Will have quite a lot of data for the review I've been waiting to do with the MPSI dyno, video, these dynos and I'll try to take some highway runs...
    Sorry, what's the name of the place? Just curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

CLM Motorsports in Newark, NJ. Big Honda tuner. Wall of fame with like 10 9 second ones and a few 8 second ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

welp, i would have to say, your probably in 4th gear. wrong answer. all comparable dynos are done in 5th with DCT. id expect a 5-10 bump by doing that, or so ive heard from people running higher kits.....
    those numbers look awesome though. as for rpm pickup, it dependsif they use the clamp or an obdII ported cable.. thats the only difference i could see.. doesnt sound like a great place to take a car like yours though..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It isn't ideal...rough area too but its hard to beat a 20 minute drive and I own some real estate over there. They use a clamp confirmed by the owner so I'm not sure what my friend experienced in 2011. I'm just planning on going back for like 4 quick runs or so. I was in 4th gear for the runs as the original Active graph was in 4th. Hmmm....should I go 5th gear? Very interesting that other ppl with higher kits are doing so. Lets take a vote on 4th or 5th gear lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

It isn't ideal...rough area too but its hard to beat a 20 minute drive and I own some real estate over there. They use a clamp confirmed by the owner so I'm not sure what my friend experienced in 2011. I'm just planning on going back for like 4 quick runs or so. I was in 4th gear for the runs as the original Active graph was in 4th. Hmmm....should I go 5th gear? Very interesting that other ppl with higher kits are doing so. Lets take a vote on 4th or 5th gear lol!
    well, im friends with the ess 625/650 kit owners, and they all do it in 5th, as well as guidance from ESS as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5th bumped me over upwards of 10hp a couple weeks ago. We specifically tried 4&5. It was on a dyno dynamics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sweet! Thanks for the info guys, I'll give it a shot! Would be another interesting comparison against the 4th gear runs. 10 more whp is putting me dangerously close to 600 SAE Click here to enlarge ....maybe one strong 5th gear run can do it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast