Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are we allowed to speculate? These are GTX2876's correct? I'm guessing for the final product on pump alone and 14psi a flat 440 torque, maybe 480 peak, and just over 500 wheel. On meth/race gas and 20psi I'm guessing a flat 550 torque, peaking maybe 580, and 650hp if the engine can breathe up high without headwork. With headwork I see the turbo's hitting 700-800 wheel with great spool characteristics and hopefully not grenading the bottom end with torque. May have to ramp that in slow.

On this initial tuning day, I predict to see a maxed out fuel system and conservative numbers probably under 500 wheel. And a unicorn in the passenger seat. To be honest, I'd just like to see a picture of it. The car that is, not the unicorn. I don't trust unicorns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This is MT, so the revs and potential are there. We should be at 400whp already, but I'd like Tony to announce the figures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I like to throw around numbers for the hell of it, even if numbers are weeks/months away. It's fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Good news! As excited as i am for the stage 3's, stage 2's are sadly probably more relevant to me, so i'm really almost as excited for them Click here to enlarge.. Well bar future max boost runs on the stage 3's.. Way in the future haha

any news on hpfp upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Are we allowed to speculate? These are GTX2876's correct? I'm guessing for the final product on pump alone and 14psi a flat 440 torque, maybe 480 peak, and just over 500 wheel. On meth/race gas and 20psi I'm guessing a flat 550 torque, peaking maybe 580, and 650hp if the engine can breathe up high without headwork. With headwork I see the turbo's hitting 700-800 wheel with great spool characteristics and hopefully not grenading the bottom end with torque. May have to ramp that in slow.

On this initial tuning day, I predict to see a maxed out fuel system and conservative numbers probably under 500 wheel. And a unicorn in the passenger seat. To be honest, I'd just like to see a picture of it. The car that is, not the unicorn. I don't trust unicorns.
    GTX2863's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I think it's too soon for numbers, anything now is preliminary at best if its even been on a dyno. I am just curious how the process is going.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Tony's pump gas is ACN91 Click here to enlarge we won't be mixing it with race gas to get 94 or anything like that..we'll see what we get with his pump gas first..then the rest of the fuels that can come from the fuel tank then meth when/where needed but we wont just jump into meth or e85 blends for peak power right away...going from the bottom up..if any of you end up buying this kit and have better octane at the pump than ACN91 (most of you will) then more power will be there on that octane obviously

Most importantly, no tuning issues and we have room to 22.5 psi to play with for now with Cobb ATP on its own

Since dyno charts are the forum norm we won't speak to those until the car is ready to go from the street to the dyno
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 02-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Looking forward to the Stage 3 prices and numbers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when will the stage 1's be ready to ship out?
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS DCI+VRSF DPs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by treadlol Click here to enlarge
    when will the stage 1's be ready to ship out?
    We shipped a Beta set out already, the OP is in talks with PTF on tuning, but is in the dead of winter and not doing much driving. There is a set in a box right now going to be shipped tonight to one of our friends in Canada. We should get some numbers soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We shipped a Beta set out already, the OP is in talks with PTF on tuning, but is in the dead of winter and not doing much driving. There is a set in a box right now going to be shipped tonight to one of our friends in Canada. We should get some numbers soon.
    Tony will there be any other turbo options besides the GTX2863's? I'd at some point be interested in the stage 3 manifolds with a turbo somewhere in between the stage 2 and stage 3 size. My goal would be to hold 420-430rwtq flat across the power band (preferably all the way to 7200) and retain decent spool since I primarily drive at the road course.

Great work man, I am enthusiastically watching your progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

To make speculation more 'accurate', the turbos are GTX2863Rs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

GTX2863... cool, I'll let my predictions stand for those turbo's too minus 4% on the peak HP mainly due to our heads. That's a better turbo for our midrange happy motor anyway I think. Those GTX turbo's are nuts, and you have two. And it's never too soon to talk numbers! Not for engineers and math fans! It is a bit early to expect any though.

@DallasBoosted, I think these turbo's will supply that better than you may think and still have some headroom for much more. If you match these to a .63 A/R housings they would be spool happy on our high compression motor I bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    GTX2863... cool, I'll let my predictions stand for those turbo's too minus 4% on the peak HP mainly due to our heads. That's a better turbo for our midrange happy motor anyway I think. Those GTX turbo's are nuts, and you have two. And it's never too soon to talk numbers! Not for engineers and math fans! It is a bit early to expect any though.

@DallasBoosted , I think these turbo's will supply that better than you may think and still have some headroom for much more. If you match these to a .63 A/R housings they would be spool happy on our high compression motor I bet.
    Housings are .63's. We are offering 7 turbo options with the stage 3. They all fit the same footprint. GT25R, GT8R, GT28RS, GT2071R, / GTX2860R, GTX2863R, GTX2867R. These will support a very wide range of HP needs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We are offering 7 turbo options with the stage 3. They all fit the same footprint. GT25R, GT8R, GT28RS, GT2071R, / GTX2860R, GTX2863R, GTX2867R.
    This is awesome...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Housings are .63's. We are offering 7 turbo options with the stage 3. They all fit the same footprint. GT25R, GT8R, GT28RS, GT2071R, / GTX2860R, GTX2863R, GTX2867R. These will support a very wide range of HP needs.
    Respect^
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Very nice. /props

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tony,
    With the flexibility/options you're offering, I sure hope these are a success. I don't need turbos right now but if/when I do, I'll look you up. Props to you for taking the time to do this right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This kicks ass nice job tony !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

woah that's a solid range

they're all physically identical in housing correct? that's also pretty awesome they do that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Since dyno charts are the forum norm we won't speak to those until the car is ready to go from the street to the dyno
    Fair

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    woohoo!!! so if they ship by Friday the 8th, i'll get them mid-following-week and they can be installed the weekend of 16/17th

Do you think that is a pretty accurate timeline? Do you think it is so accurate that I should tell my bmw tech to schedule me for that weekend?
    Tony can you comment?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Tony can you comment?
    I'm sure he will answer your question on either of the forums.... Click here to enlarge Plan your install when they are in your hands...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

4 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    it doesn't work like that, pal. as a beta tester we need them installed with a quick turnaround. because of this one cant wait until they are "in hand" to schedule something. the work needs to be scheduled in advance.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast