Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm in the same spot as watever617, BMW86 and slowb00st. I flashed Alpina B3 successfully, but my paddles stopped working. I have a 2009 335xi.

I attempted to do the paddle fix as shown in this tread (Thanks cn555ic!), but have been unsuccessful.

My nettodat.trc file shows "B 00300000,0003,00,00,00" prior to flashing. Prior to flashing, the FSW_PSW.trc files shows paddles = wert_00. After I perform the flash, those values read the same thing. I get no errors during the process and it shows a successful flash. I'm using V49 daten files and I copied all of the needed files to the NCS Expert folder and the EDIABAS folder. If my setup is wrong, I can't find where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you've had this problem and have been able to work around it, please share. Thanks!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HardCoal99 Click here to enlarge
    I'm in the same spot as watever617, BMW86 and slowb00st. I flashed Alpina B3 successfully, but my paddles stopped working. I have a 2009 335xi.

I attempted to do the paddle fix as shown in this tread (Thanks cn555ic!), but have been unsuccessful.

My nettodat.trc file shows "B 00300000,0003,00,00,00" prior to flashing. Prior to flashing, the FSW_PSW.trc files shows paddles = wert_00. After I perform the flash, those values read the same thing. I get no errors during the process and it shows a successful flash. I'm using V49 daten files and I copied all of the needed files to the NCS Expert folder and the EDIABAS folder. If my setup is wrong, I can't find where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you've had this problem and have been able to work around it, please share. Thanks!!!
    Those values are suppose to remain the same..What your doing is basically just resetting the EGS module to re-initiate. We are not changing any values but setting the module back to default. You must use Expertmode profile and if you have followed the DIY for paddles to work to the tee and still not getting it to work, then you need to configure your NCSexpert or the Ediabas/ECU folder to newer data.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you find out how to fix it, let me know thanks. Would love to get the paddles working, otherwise the flash is fantastic.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Those values are suppose to remain the same..What your doing is basically just resetting the EGS module to re-initiate. We are not changing any values but setting the module back to default. You must use Expertmode profile and if you have followed the DIY for paddles to work to the tee and still not getting it to work, then you need to configure your NCSexpert or the Ediabas/ECU folder to newer data.
    If possible can you post a screenshot of your NCSexpert or Ediabas/ECU folder with the newer data?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Lol. My Ediabas folder has 2074 files bro. I am not taking a pic of it all. You just have to work through it man. You will get through it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I haven't had time to mess with this and may not until the weekend, but I did think of something unusual.

When I loaded the transmission flash, it didn't go exactly as described in the DIY. It didn't give me the progress bar twice. It reached 100% the first time and said I have XX flashes remaining, but the second progress bar never appeared. My car actually threw a transmission failure warning on my center console. I shut down the car as described and when I started things back up to my surprise my car started with no dash errors and the transmission settings did in fact change. The paddles just didn't work.

Looking back at the thread, I don't remember changing any settings as shown in the screenshot. I'm figuring that If I start over, change those settings, and reload the B3 flash I can get everything to work. Others may have done this as well. I'll post how this turns out when I have the chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

OK, I lied. I blew off other things and tried to fix this. Re-installed all software. Re-loaded B3 flash (successfully), then tried the paddle fix. No luck. This sucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

OK, I lied. I blew off other things and tried to fix this. Re-installed all software. Re-loaded B3 flash (successfully), then tried the paddle fix. No luck. This sucks.
    Call me if you need some help getting your paddles working. There is another DIY on paddles. Nothing went wrong with your flash. Some cars don't have the latest base flash so it goes through two cycles. Just so happens, your did and only went through one. I've seen this multiple times. 503-679-3538

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am running nuts trying to find a good link to latest SPdaten 48.1. Any help PM link will be appreciated my cable have beeb sent from Hongkong already. 2013 X1 xDrive 35i with paddle shifters.
    Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 9114s Click here to enlarge
    I am running nuts trying to find a good link to latest SPdaten 48.1. Any help PM link will be appreciated my cable have beeb sent from Hongkong already. 2013 X1 xDrive 35i with paddle shifters.
    Thank you!
    bump
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Thank you!
    I've shared over 40Gb of the torrent and am still sharing it.Mostly to see where everybody is who wants it. Click here to enlarge I can share it in any bandwidth you can handle.

I've seen peolpe from all over the globe tacking in on it, from South Africa, Italy, Malaysia, Germany, USA, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Russia, etc. Mostly USA though.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I've seen peolpe from all over the globe tacking in on it, from South Africa, Italy, Malaysia, Germany, USA, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Russia, etc. Mostly USA though.
    That's pretty damn cool!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The forum rocks, got PM with good links. I recycled 7 years old PC with a clean XP and installed files and updated with full Daten 49 (hope it works...). Wait for the cable now (more than a week already). Thank you allClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

The forum rocks, got PM with good links. I recycled 7 years old PC with a clean XP and installed files and updated with full Daten 49 (hope it works...). Wait for the cable now (more than a week already). Thank you allClick here to enlarge
    Ya dude it's the $#@!. Now go buy 50 T-Shirts to show your support and appreciation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Solved - My NCS Expert installation was not all correct. A reinstall of the files fixed it. Paddles now working after running the procedure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I flashed my X1 xdrive 35i and got through at the second try. The first flash did not finish properly, I tried again and went through as described. I drove the car and I like it very much, it is amazing improvement in shifting speed.
    I lost my paddles as expected but cannot get it back back. I followed the sequence below:
    0-Start ignition with cluster lights on
    1-Load NCSexpert
    2-File Use EXPERTMODE click ok
    3-(F1) Vin/ZCS/FA
    4-(F3) SG ausw
    5-Choose E89 chassis click ok
    6-Choose CAS click ok
    7-(F6) Back
    8-(F4) Read ECU and pick EGS module click ok
    9-wait till nettodat file pops up and then close it out
    10-Press F3 (execute JOB)
    11-After it says coding ended your done!
    12-Close out NCSexpert

but when I click ok "6-Choose CAS click ok" I got a error message in a pop up window "Following feature is invalid for FA: #0712"Click here to enlarge

One thing i noticed after is that The F3 button in "step 4" is not labeled "SG ausw" but "ZCS/FA f. ECU" . I am running NCS-Expertentool V3.1.0
    Any help is welcome, I would love to get these paddles back. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I flashed my X1 xdrive 35i and got through at the second try. The first flash did not finish properly, I tried again and went through as described. I drove the car and I like it very much, it is amazing improvement in shifting speed.
    I lost my paddles as expected but cannot get it back back. I followed the sequence below:
    0-Start ignition with cluster lights on
    1-Load NCSexpert
    2-File Use EXPERTMODE click ok
    3-(F1) Vin/ZCS/FA
    4-(F3) SG ausw
    5-Choose E89 chassis click ok
    6-Choose CAS click ok
    7-(F6) Back
    8-(F4) Read ECU and pick EGS module click ok
    9-wait till nettodat file pops up and then close it out
    10-Press F3 (execute JOB)
    11-After it says coding ended your done!
    12-Close out NCSexpert

but when I click ok "6-Choose CAS click ok" I got a error message in a pop up window "Following feature is invalid for FA: #0712"Click here to enlarge

One thing i noticed after is that The F3 button in "step 4" is not labeled "SG ausw" but "ZCS/FA f. ECU" . I am running NCS-Expertentool V3.1.0
    Any help is welcome, I would love to get these paddles back. Thanks
    Very very cool to see this working on the X1. Glad you got it working.

The paddle fix is a separate thing I believe and can be resolved? Or maybe not on the X1. I'd ask the guys who got it working with the paddles...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very very cool to see this working on the X1. Glad you got it working.

The paddle fix is a separate thing I believe and can be resolved? Or maybe not on the X1. I'd ask the guys who got it working with the paddles...
    Although I haven't played with an X1, the DIY should be the same for the paddle fix. Did one the other day and had to set the paddles to wert02. Just an FYI, make sure if you're still under warranty to turn off the UIF write and if you take your car to the dealer flash back to the correct assembly. Dealer gave me $#@! for having a non-standard EGS flash. The SA told me not to bring my car back to that dealership, ever... Unless it was for out of warranty work, then he was cool.

Good luck @9114s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here we go, Yes the flash and the Paddles works on my 2013 X1 M xdrive 35i. With the Dinan stage 2 (I got it free of charge Click here to enlarge), the paddles, spacers 15mm back and 12mm front. I have the perfect car with a minimum investment. The new D mode with the 70 extra torque from the DINAN stage 2 works amazing, it is so smooth but if you push it goes well as the downshift is so fast, + Paddles are now as fun as driving with the DCT on the 9114s!
    Click here to enlarge

I also had some scary moments and little sleep the last 2 nights to make it working. See below the car was completely frozen for 24 hours... if you have only one car DONT DO IT YOURSELF because you need to stay calmClick here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still have not had any luck with my paddles.

Today we flashed the car back to stock and the paddles still did not work and then we flashed the car with the Alpine flash again.

When coding the paddles, everything goes through smoothly without any hitches.

I get the same screen as in the post #93 above, and afterwards it says "coding ended".

Not sure why it is not working. We have tried using 2 different computers and 2 different cables. No luck.

The coding process works, but for some reason the paddles never do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge

Today we flashed the car back to stock and the paddles still did not work and then we flashed the car with the Alpine flash again.

I get the same screen as in the post #93 above, and afterwards it says "coding ended".

Not sure why it is not working. We have tried using 2 different computers and 2 different cables. No luck.

When flashing back to stock the paddles will not just work out of the box you need to follow the procedure listed here (maybe w/ some modification).

I tried this again, was running on stock flash for some time with no Flappy Paddles. Got them to work on stock flash with the numbers melloww22 posted or so I thought. So I decided to flash again since I really miss how great the car feels with the mod. Could have been a slight variation since I saw 0B at some point instead of 2B. Also the coding lasted a bit longer than it normally does.

Did the flash everything ok, do what I thought worked before which was to modify the nettodat.trc after reading from ecu, (it's created after the read) well it creates it again before the execute. Anybody knows which file it is using to create this file?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly 2 weeks after the car was reflashed back to stock and then reflashed with the Alpina again I'm having some issues with my flash/trans.

D mode works as normal. D1, D2, D3 etc. However, there is no S mode anymore. When I move the auto shifter to the side to engage S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc) the dash displays it being as D mode (D1, D2, D3 etc). This is really annoying for me as I always drive in Manual mode or S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc). I find the D mode on the standard transmission flash to be boring but with the Alpina flash the D is even more sluggish and is a pig. What makes things even harder is that I can still engage M mode (M1, M2, M3 etc), however after a few seconds in M mode it automatically reverts back to D mode. So basically I am permanently in D mode unless I am constantly shifting gears with my auto stick every few seconds. Also I have observed that once I engage M mode even if I move the shifter back to D mode it remains in M mode, but this changes to D mode automatically after a few seconds anyway.

The car is really unpleasant to drive at the moment as I basically have no other option other than D mode. It's just my opinion but the Alpina D mode (D1, D2, D3 etc) feels very unresponsive compared to the stock D mode, however the Alpina flash is much more superior in S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc) and Manual mode (M1, M2, M3 etc) - but I can't utilise that aspect of the flash at the moment.

Another thing I observed was that after reflashing it with the Alpina flash in my above post, I immediately noticed it wasn't the same as the original flash in S mode. I found after the first Alpina flash in S mode it would normally go up to S6, however after the second Alpina reflash it would only go up to S5. This did not bother me and the flash worked as it should except the paddles did not work.

Hopefully my friend is willing to give it another go soon when time allows, he's been awesome in getting it to uploaded on my car and spent a lot of time on it too. Also Cn555icis helping me out and sending me some files for the coding and hopefully we can give the coding another try as well.

I suspect the problem may be to do with my car but I'd like to try and reflash the Alpina again and use Cn555ic's setup and be able to see if that changes anything. I'll keep everyone updated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Exactly 2 weeks after the car was reflashed back to stock and then reflashed with the Alpina again I'm having some issues with my flash/trans.

D mode works as normal. D1, D2, D3 etc. However, there is no S mode anymore. When I move the auto shifter to the side to engage S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc) the dash displays it being as D mode (D1, D2, D3 etc). This is really annoying for me as I always drive in Manual mode or S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc). I find the D mode on the standard transmission flash to be boring but with the Alpina flash the D is even more sluggish and is a pig. What makes things even harder is that I can still engage M mode (M1, M2, M3 etc), however after a few seconds in M mode it automatically reverts back to D mode. So basically I am permanently in D mode unless I am constantly shifting gears with my auto stick every few seconds. Also I have observed that once I engage M mode even if I move the shifter back to D mode it remains in M mode, but this changes to D mode automatically after a few seconds anyway.

The car is really unpleasant to drive at the moment as I basically have no other option other than D mode. It's just my opinion but the Alpina D mode (D1, D2, D3 etc) feels very unresponsive compared to the stock D mode, however the Alpina flash is much more superior in S mode (S1, S2, S3 etc) and Manual mode (M1, M2, M3 etc) - but I can't utilise that aspect of the flash at the moment.

Another thing I observed was that after reflashing it with the Alpina flash in my above post, I immediately noticed it wasn't the same as the original flash in S mode. I found after the first Alpina flash in S mode it would normally go up to S6, however after the second Alpina reflash it would only go up to S5. This did not bother me and the flash worked as it should except the paddles did not work.

Hopefully my friend is willing to give it another go soon when time allows, he's been awesome in getting it to uploaded on my car and spent a lot of time on it too. Also Cn555icis helping me out and sending me some files for the coding and hopefully we can give the coding another try as well.

I suspect the problem may be to do with my car but I'd like to try and reflash the Alpina again and use Cn555ic's setup and be able to see if that changes anything. I'll keep everyone updated.

I had another person in Portland that didn't really like the stock flash, nor did they care for the Alpina flash. We ended up flashing with the 2TB - Sport Automatic Transmission flash 7603541.

Drive is D and more like the stock flash. Sport is S1-S6 and is a bit more agressive than DS on the stock flash. Same with Manual. You will have the hesitation like stock which the Alpina doesn't have, but this could be a good fit if you're not happy with the Alpina flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is definitely a failure of the microswitch in the shifter mechanism or wiring harness - i have seen it a bunch of times. You move it to Sport and it makes no difference, still will be in Drive, if you paddle shift, it will manually change gears, but will go back to Drive if you don't shift manually for a bit, same as if you leave it in D and paddle shift.

Either the microswitch fails that tells the car you moved to Sport mode on the shifter or one of the wires is pinched in the harness causing the same issue - flashing it back won't help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dupe - please delete this post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkillrob Click here to enlarge
    Dupe - please delete this post
    No

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast