Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Alpina B3 flash Part II: DIY for NOT-working paddles shifters after flash

*****Alpina B3 flash Part II: DIY for NOT-working paddles shifters after flash:

The Alpina B3 flash has been a huge success so far for performance gains as well as fixing many issues that has plagued the N54 platform for years. It has undoubtedly given the performance gains in which everyone could enjoy. The only minor glitch during the flashing was on new model years in which once the car is flashed the paddle shifters now longer worked, unlike the earlier build model years which didn't exhibit this. This was quite bothersome to me so I had to find a fix as it seemed unthinkable it wouldn't work. Here is your solution!

You guys need to use NCSexpert and have the latest SPdaten 48.1 loaded up to both NCSexpert and Ediabas. There are tons of literature on this so do a search on it. If you not comfortable doing this or the actual coding, you can find a local coder and pay to have this coded....

Warning: If you dont have the Spdaten 48.1 udated correctly after doing this coding the car will be Dead and show a gear warning on cluster!!!

************************************************** ****************************************
    Here is what you do:

0-Start ignition with cluster lights on
    1-Load NCSexpert
    2-File Use EXPERTMODE click ok
    3-(F1) Vin/ZCS/FA
    4-(F3) SG ausw
    5-Choose E89 chassis click ok
    6-Choose CAS click ok
    7-(F6) Back
    8-(F4) Read ECU and pick EGS module click ok
    9-wait till nettodat file pops up and then close it out
    10-Press F3 (execute JOB)
    11-After it says coding ended your done!
    12-Close out NCSexpert

At this point 3 things can happen:

**A)There are no errors and the car starts fine and the paddle shifters are working and your happy!

**B)The car starts but then when you drive off, the shifting of gears are all screwy and changing correctly.

**C)The car starts but you get the dreaded GEAR error and it wont even go into drive at all..

If you have either B or C then you issue is the update of the Spdaten 48.1 was incorrectly done...Go back and check installation and start again

I have worked long and hard to get this Alpina B3 flash to where it is now so everyone can enjoy this without any glitches. If you feel that my DIY on Winkfp for flashing Alpina B3 flash and this DIY helped in anyway, and you would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, I would be grateful and appreciate it..If not thats cool too.

My paypal addy is
    ccnoner@aol.com

Enjoy the flash!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is some great work on Steven's (Cn555ic) part. We have come a long way in the past couple of years. For the AT community this is really a big deal. Yeah, some people have down played this as what every. But honestly, if you don't think this is one of the best mile stones for the AT transmission, then you must not own an AT or you are just stupid. Or, both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guys i wanted to post up what a great experiance i had with both Cn555ic(Steven) & Wedge(Ken).
    What a great group of guys to have leading the effort, both professionals but very personable no doubt!

i'd like to emphasize that if you have none or limited programming experience coding, flashing etc to have these guys help you out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Steven - well done, hope you enjoyed your sons birthday party yesterday and thanks for posting the fix for the paddles - donation on the way for the excellent work!

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Great work guys!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awesome. Now just waiting on my cable and will see how it goes from there.

BTW what ever happened to Tomaz?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Awesome. Now just waiting on my cable and will see how it goes from there.

BTW what ever happened to Tomaz?
    Rumors are he's tied up like a sausage in the basement at Alpina HQ.

Awesome work guys! I've just contacted my shop to see if they can handle a tranny swap and the coding stuff.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Rumors are he's tied up like a sausage in the basement at Alpina HQ.
    Ha ha. Watch for the new Tomaz/Alpina upholstery option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Awesome work man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Awesome work Cn555ic (i dont like to use real names online Click here to enlarge )

Not every contribution is with performance #'s, but helping the masses enjoy what they have. Working toward everyone being able to have the best available is a big step, the fact that this helps with the other issues we've been plagued with is a shining example of what happens when information is shared and not hoarded solely for profit

If I still had my 335 i would definitely be sending you at a minimum $50 donation for your contributions, if not more as im sure i would have wanted, and received 1-1 help. For now, ill say food/drinks is on me at the next meet.
    I would hope ANYONE that is updating would see how big of a PITA this has been for YEARS, and that even a $5 donation is good karma for things to come.
    Well Done Sir, Well done

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Honestly this ranks very high on my mod list after driving with it for 4 days so far!! It completely changed the driving dynamics of the car to such a point it feels like your driving a different car!! This is by far this best bang for your buck as long as you have the right stuff to flash it with, you know what you are doing, and you are familiar with coding. Its the best bang for your buck because it doesnt cost you but about 12 minutes from start to finish. My buddy luckily codes alot of cars here in the DFW and is an IT guy so all you do is literally follow the directions and as long as your car is within the normal parameters, you just got yourself a new transformed transmission!! Its unreal how fast it shifts and as soon as it shifts its at exactly where the tach needs to be for maximum power/torque. Awesome stuff and I want to thank Wedge1967 (ken) for helping me out with this as he was very helpful in helping me understand exactly how it works and what it does. Great stuff to cn555ic for making this available or showing us what can be done if you use your brain and do a little bit of digging Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Awesome. You guys rock. I'm definitely going to find a way to get this done.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Nice work. This flash is great. I hear. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Nice work! You've taken BMW coding to heart!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just ordered my cable, if this works I'll for sure kick in a little bit for your efforts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm so jealous because I'm pre 3/7 Click here to enlarge
    is it not possible at all to find a version of flash that work with gen 1 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335okc Click here to enlarge
    I'm so jealous because I'm pre 3/7 Click here to enlarge
    is it not possible at all to find a version of flash that work with gen 1 ?
    there is no version that works with pre 03/7. only possible way is hardware change.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Does my 10/2008 build date probably need this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Does my 10/2008 build date probably need this?
    quick search results
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...853#post405853
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...122#post406122
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for that..... is it possable this flash could be be edited ahead of time so that it would work for all builds ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that..... is it possable this flash could be be edited ahead of time so that it would work for all builds ?
    Extremely unlikely, but theoretically not impossible. However, I'm willing to bet the reference material needed is unobtainable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Extremely unlikely, but theoretically not impossible. However, I'm willing to bet the reference material needed is unobtainable.
    + 1 . there is already a solution so no problems here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Trying to get my paddles to work after successful reflash on MY 09 car. So in step 1 above where it says

change wert_00 to wert_01

My EGS file under paddles has wert_02 instead of of wert_00. Anyone see this before? I went through the rest of the steps changing 02 to 01 then to 00, went through step 3 and now I'm waiting after locking the car. Will report back here in a bit but wanted to ask that question first. Build date was 10/08 and it is an Xi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Just follow the steps regardless if you have wert_02.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast