Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    try anything yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No update on the thread, but this is an idea of what I'm talking about. This is the summer coming on for us in AZ. It was actually 118* last saturday and a low of ~93*. We will see many days over 110 like this. When you are outside walking around, it feels like you are walking through a blow dryer. Cold AC is burning your face by the time it reaches your skin. When ambient is 118*, and the road itself is emitting god knows what, and my car gauge is reporting 126*, how much is a normal a2a intercooler working at this point? Not much I'd say. The IC is heatsoaked before the car turns on. The gauge on my A4 is malfunctioning and can't even display correctly because its so hot.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like it is in the mid nineties with about 30% RH right now in Phoenix. Sounds like the perfect conditions to test out an atomized water spray intercooler system. I bet you could rig something up with parts from McMaster and a windshield washer fluid reservoir with pump from another car to hold and pressurize the water.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus I'd hate that. I really hate driving my n54 in hot weather, the car doesn't feel as strong and I just never even push the boost..... I think your right, a A2A would prob not do that much in that heat

We have much worse humidity on the east coast but anytime it's over 85 degrees I just shift at 2500 rpms and stay out of boost.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is where meth is priceless, i regularly BEAT on my car in the summer heat in Florida. Meth makes the performance consistent.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like it is in the mid nineties with about 30% RH right now in Phoenix. Sounds like the perfect conditions to test out an atomized water spray intercooler system. I bet you could rig something up with parts from McMaster and a windshield washer fluid reservoir with pump from another car to hold and pressurize the water.
    We had a dust storm yesterday, which probably impacts the weather a bit. But very few people really understand the difference between the temps. 90-100 feels so hot for people. Going from 100-110 is another big step. Then going from 110-120, Jesus, its a damn oven your face feels constantly singed. Some people think that dyno'ing in 80* or 90* weather is something... 90* is cooler than our low on many days in the summer here!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Jesus I'd hate that. I really hate driving my n54 in hot weather, the car doesn't feel as strong and I just never even push the boost..... I think your right, a A2A would prob not do that much in that heat

We have much worse humidity on the east coast but anytime it's over 85 degrees I just shift at 2500 rpms and stay out of boost.
    Get into the 110* range, and it feels like you're driving a 328 in 4th gear.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    This is where meth is priceless, i regularly BEAT on my car in the summer heat in Florida. Meth makes the performance consistent.
    Meth is no doubt very effective. But it still doesn't change one thing: the incoming air temp prior to the chargepipe. In all reality, they may compliment each other. This is just a technical post that I find intriguing, I'm a tinkerer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, I leave my ca4 in a place where it only gets sun half the day at work and my sunroof popped up. A fruend if mine showed me her in car said 134.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Welcome to AZ, lol. Ignore the handsome man reflected on the accessport.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking.. you could just run the meth nozzle on the OUTSIDE of the IC, and have it mist a fine water spray over the actual intercooler.. probably the best way to do it.. if you do a dual m1 on each side, facing at and 1/2 way in, it would be enough to cool things off and not have water dripping for safety issues.. set boost trigger low, like 3-4-5 ish psi..and progressive
    Just noticed this thread. Back in the day we did just that on my brother in laws Grand National. We mounted an extra washer bottle & pump & fabricated a set of spray bars infront of the FMIC. Used a Hobbs type switch to activate the unit at boost. Mix of water & alcohol was sprayed. Was a freebie built from odds & ends laying around the shop.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345