Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

READ THE LATEST STATUS ON CA SEMI-AUTO FIREARMS LAWS

Looks like CA will be leading the way in regards to gun reform. Some pretty startling stuff. This came to me from a very well respected source:

Proposed Semi-Auto Firearms Law

WARNING: I am NOT an attorney. But, I am the only non-LE expert in AW law appointed by the LA County Court System.

I have the current draft of the semi-auto firearms law that will likely be passed by our CA legislature.

An assault weapon will be ANY semi-auto, rimfire or centerfire, rifle that has a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

Detachable magazine is defined to be any magazine that does NOT require that you disassemble the action to load the magazine.

You will have until January 1, 2014, to register any firearms in your possession that become assault weapons.

Summary of changes:

extends to rimfire semi-auto rifles, so now 10/22s will be AWs

evil features no longer are an issue, so Mini-14s, M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1As will become AWs

eliminates the bullet button Ė removed the criterion that a detachable mag can be removed by a tool.

Some good news:

once you register the firearm, you can remove the bullet button, at least the way the law is formulated now

(of course, that could change)

the attorneys who monitor this stuff are going to sue

the CA DOJ registration system will be overwhelmed and probably will be a mess

Warnings:

once registered, you have to transport your AW in a locked container, unloaded in your truck

DONíT BE AN ARROGANT $#@!. REGISTER YOUR RIFLE.

You will get caught, because sooner or later you will be stopped for a speeding violation and get searched.

I do have cases like this.

The prosecutors will be very aggressive and go after felony convictions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that's just "great" news...so now my little Ruger 10-22 will be classified as an assualt rifle as I read this. I certainly don't agree with having to register such a weapon...but I'm sure in some twisted legislator's mind if all of us law abiding citizens register our weapons that will somehow have a postive effect on curbing gun violence in the future.

The world is upside down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They're out of their $#@!ing minds. Just $#@! off already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    California....The land of the fruits and nuts
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series