Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Smile DriveClub -- New PS4 Racing Game

Well it's pretty clear that I'm gonna have to get a PS4 at the end of the year, but Gran Turismo looks like they might finally have some serious competition

Short video clip, but the graphics look so smooth & sounds are glorious.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

M3 gts spotted. Looks good. Hopefully it's a sim game more so than a arcade style.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Don't know why people are getting such a boner over the PS4 when the new Xbox specs haven't even been announced. Microsoft all the way...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That's why you buy both.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't know why people are getting such a boner over the PS4 when the new Xbox specs haven't even been announced. Microsoft all the way...
    Because (other than the online user aspect) Sony has always blown microsoft out of the water.

Example, Disk trays, wireless controllers that don't require batteries, blu ray.

(I have both and the PS3 is much better system)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Sony has always blown microsoft out of the water.
    Um no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Um no.
    How so? Debate time. lol

Other then xbox live > PSN (which isn't even the system, its more the network), which everyone agree's is better (but you pay for it).

How is the Xbox systems ever been better?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

How is the Xbox systems ever been better?
    Came out earlier. Doesn't give up much of anything in performance especially considering xbox sports games had and still have a framerate advantage.

So I was playing better games earlier and didn't have to deal with Sony BS.

Plus, $#@! Sony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Looking forward to this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Came out earlier. Doesn't give up much of anything in performance especially considering xbox sports games had and still have a framerate advantage.
    Baseball video games.

The Show > Every other sports game (because Madden hasn't been anything special recently).

I actually sold my Xbox because MLB 2Kxx was so bad and I had missed The Show from when I had PS2.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's funny people even try to debate this. Playstation is the obvious superior machine more for the serious gamers. I have had both for many years xbox broke 3 times playstation no problems. Last time it broke I tru the xbox away and now have 2 playstations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

we've been through this. PS1-2-3-4 over fagbox any day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Because (other than the online user aspect) Sony has always blown microsoft out of the water.

Example, Disk trays,
    PS3 does have a more reliable disc tray in regards to open and closing. But the Xbox 360 Drive was very easily hackable and I enjoyed hundreds of ILLEGALLY PIRATED GAMES THAT I DID NOT PAY FOR. Yes folks, I'm out of the closet, I'm a $#@!ing pirate. Actually I'm kidding I've never stolen anything in my life. With that said, would you rather have a nice vacuum drive that also doesn't accept mini DVD's or one that saves you hundreds of dollars but you have to endure watching it go in and out?

wireless controllers that don't require batteries
    What? You're ps3 controller in fact has batteries. They are built in and NOT REPLACABLE kind of like the iPhone. Battery dies, you're done. The Xbox 360 gave you the option of rechargable battery packs or a pair of double A's for convenience. So which battery system is really better here?
    blu ray.
    360 had HD DVD. You can scoff all you want, but if you actually remember when this was ocurring, Bluray almost didn't happen. It came down to a string which one was going to bite the bullet and it was finally Walmart and Warner brothers that turned the tide. Not to mention, Bluray was more expensive to make, and also required extra bits to make it backwards compatible with regular DVD's and CD's. HD DVD on the other hand didn't have these requirements and still had data capacity of 30gb in two layers where bluray was 50gb with two layers. I don't know of many games exceeding 30gb except for games like MGS4, but those require an extra install disc anyways.

With all that aside, the PS3 does have a better drive because HD DVD isn't around regardless.

(I have both and the PS3 is much better system)
    So do I. I own 2 (working) 360s and a hacked ps3 with 4.21CFW. The PS3 has much much better media playing features, (copy divx to hard drive), no restrictions on hard drive installation, etc. The Xbox 360 has a better online game play experience and controllers.

Overall I'd say the PS3 is a more reliable system. Better Media Player. Better appearance(comparing the old fat ps3 vs old white 360).

360 has more responsive controllers and layout that fits the hand(Sega Dreamcast controller ripoff + one analog stick), and better online play.

Bottom line, I've owned the PS3 original fat 60gb with backwards compatible HANA chip, and the Xbox 360 from virtually launch, as well as the ps2, ps1, regular xbox, Dreamcast(still have one), wii, game cube, and pretty much every popular system until atari 2600.

I never play the PS3. I always play the 360. Even with awesome stuff like Multimann for the PS3, I never play its games, unless they are exclusive. I get ps3 people coming over and they have ZERO patience to learn the xbox 360 controller, say they hate it etc etc. Ignorance. I can use both controllers. I don't hate the ps3, I use it every week at least once to watch hulu or netflix. But 360 haters out there, I have a catalog of games for both systems in the order of hundreds of games for both consoles and have not been able to play them all, but can say I've probably tried more games and seen what each system is capable of than the average joe saying "360 sucks and I don't even know which part of the controller is up".
    Last edited by klipseracer; 02-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I've owned the PS3 original fat 60gb with backwards compatible HANA chip
    Sorry, the HANA/ANA was a 360 chip I beleive. But it had the Emotion Engine inside of it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

PS3 does have a more reliable disc tray in regards to open and closing. But the Xbox 360 Drive was very easily hackable and I enjoyed hundreds of ILLEGALLY PIRATED GAMES THAT I DID NOT PAY FOR. Yes folks, I'm out of the closet, I'm a $#@!ing pirate. Actually I'm kidding I've never stolen anything in my life. With that said, would you rather have a nice vacuum drive that also doesn't accept mini DVD's or one that saves you hundreds of dollars but you have to endure watching it go in and out?

So you agree that the disk tray's are stupid and they are flimsy.

What? You're ps3 controller in fact has batteries. They are built in and NOT REPLACABLE kind of like the iPhone. Battery dies, you're done. The Xbox 360 gave you the option of rechargable battery packs or a pair of double A's for convenience. So which battery system is really better here?

I have had the original controller from my original ps3 (that the analog sticks have worn out from use) when it was released and it still charges fine, my xbox controller is dead after like 10 hours of play? I think the Ps3 controller battery situation is better.

Having to buy "extra" battery packs is bull$hit.

360 had HD DVD. You can scoff all you want, but if you actually remember when this was ocurring, Bluray almost didn't happen. It came down to a string which one was going to bite the bullet and it was finally Walmart and Warner brothers that turned the tide. Not to mention, Bluray was more expensive to make, and also required extra bits to make it backwards compatible with regular DVD's and CD's. HD DVD on the other hand didn't have these requirements and still had data capacity of 30gb in two layers where bluray was 50gb with two layers. I don't know of many games exceeding 30gb except for games like MGS4, but those require an extra install disc anyways.

I still like blu ray.

With all that aside, the PS3 does have a better drive because HD DVD isn't around regardless.

agreed

So do I. I own 2 (working) 360s and a hacked ps3 with 4.21CFW. The PS3 has much much better media playing features, (copy divx to hard drive), no restrictions on hard drive installation, etc. The Xbox 360 has a better online game play experience and controllers.

But you pay extra to play online so the online experience should be vastly better.

Overall I'd say the PS3 is a more reliable system. Better Media Player. Better appearance(comparing the old fat ps3 vs old white 360).

Agreed

360 has more responsive controllers and layout that fits the hand(Sega Dreamcast controller ripoff + one analog stick), and better online play.

I don't mind either controller, and really thats all personal preference.

Bottom line, I've owned the PS3 original fat 60gb with backwards compatible HANA chip, and the Xbox 360 from virtually launch, as well as the ps2, ps1, regular xbox, Dreamcast(still have one), wii, game cube, and pretty much every popular system until atari 2600.

I never play the PS3. I always play the 360. Even with awesome stuff like Multimann for the PS3, I never play its games, unless they are exclusive. I get ps3 people coming over and they have ZERO patience to learn the xbox 360 controller, say they hate it etc etc. Ignorance. I can use both controllers. I don't hate the ps3, I use it every week at least once to watch hulu or netflix. But 360 haters out there, I have a catalog of games for both systems in the order of hundreds of games for both consoles and have not been able to play them all, but can say I've probably tried more games and seen what each system is capable of than the average joe saying "360 sucks and I don't even know which part of the controller is up".

You sound like a online gamer, and the xbox is made for online gaming, but that doesn't make it a better system. Especially because you have to pay extra for online capability.
    not to forget, that if someone gets their feelings hurt on xbox they complain to microsoft and will ban you.

Got into an argument with a kid, he called me a ni%%er, so I called him a ni%%er, I got banned for 2 weeks. Like wtf?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

So you agree that the disk tray's are stupid and they are flimsy.

-
    Its merely a PC disc drive... Whats really all that wrong with them? I never had any issues with mine not opening(regular Xbox I can't say the same). They don't look as cool. We can also agree you can't hack a PS3 Drive.

I have had the original controller from my original ps3 (that the analog sticks have worn out from use) when it was released and it still charges fine, my xbox controller is dead after like 10 hours of play? I think the Ps3 controller battery situation is better.

Having to buy "extra" battery packs is bull$hit.

-
    If I really cared, I would show you a video of my ACTUAL ps3 controllers. They are the originals. One of them, the analog stick pulls out like a quarter inch, doesn't sync most of the time, disconnects and takes over a minute to connect when it does. My other controller takes forever to connect and the feedback on the sticks is zero. There is no resistance to speak of, feels like you're swishing your thumbs in yogurt. The controllers suck man. I'll show you the same Xbox 360 controllers with literally NO rubber left on the tops of them. Works like a champ. The extra batteries I picked up off ebay, 2 for 10 bucks and it charges with my play and charge cable. Its an extra fee that I'm happy to pay to have a better controller when I'm actually playing. When I'm actually playing, I am not caring about how much my batteries cost me. If you play an FPS, you'll see that the 360 controllers are more precise. Just like a mouse and keyboard is more precise than any console controller.

But you pay extra to play online so the online experience should be vastly better.

-I have three friends on a family pack which costs me 99 dollars a year($30 each). Honestly man, I couldn't even tell ya if a hundred bucks was missing from my account, and even if I did, I would just assume its some auto payment I agreed to. Just sayin. Would you rather be stuck with a badass atari BUT, it was made a long time ago so this is as good as its supposed to be? Or would you rather have Xbox live for an entire year for 30 bucks... No brainer. Thats like 3 cents a day. I don't think you can even sponsor a starving child in africa for that much.

You sound like a online gamer, and the xbox is made for online gaming, but that doesn't make it a better system. Especially because you have to pay extra for online capability.

-well, many of the games I play are online, but I also play many offline games as well.. Remember I have hundreds of them, lol.
    Look at it this way. If my xbox played games, but for an extra 20 bucks it came with a woman that gave me a blowjob every time it turned on, would you say the ps3 is better still just because I had to pay more money its like it doesn't count? The importance of the addon to the individual will determine its value, but in the end just because you have to pay more for it doesn't mean its not an advantage. if the N54 came with a big single turbo option from the factory as an, 'extra' option, It would still count and matter in my book. Car reviews don't compare the base models.

Got into an argument with a kid, he called me a ni%%er, so I called him a ni%%er, I got banned for 2 weeks. Like wtf?

-Then you're in the wrong gaming zone man. If you are in underground, it basically says "anything goes". I swear and call people $#@!tards all the time. Never a ban. I get people who say I have bad sportsmanship, in fact, since on my recent black ops 2 spree a month ago I never played the objective, I only went out for headshots and the like. So I now have 60% of the people I play with rate me down, lmao. There are different 'zones' you can play on. I've had xbox live since 2003. Had my console banned for being hacked once, but never a live ban.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 02-23-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Baseball video games.

The Show > Every other sports game (because Madden hasn't been anything special recently).

I actually sold my Xbox because MLB 2Kxx was so bad and I had missed The Show from when I had PS2.
    That's not due to the consoles quality but due to licensing deals. I agree the MLB2K games suck. MVP baseball was the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AAscm3 Click here to enlarge
    It's funny people even try to debate this. Playstation is the obvious superior machine more for the serious gamers. I have had both for many years xbox broke 3 times playstation no problems. Last time it broke I tru the xbox away and now have 2 playstations.
    So what constitutes "serious gamer" is if the machine doesn't break? Sorry you had bad luck my launch day Xbox 360 worked fine for three years of heavy use.

Serious gamers are on PC's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Gears of War FTW. There's no alternative on Playstation.

So far Sony hasn't announced any groundbreaking features. Of course graphics keep getting better. But the gaming experience is still old-fashioned. The market needs something new, like Nintendo did with the Wii controllers.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

-Then you're in the wrong gaming zone man. If you are in underground, it basically says "anything goes". I swear and call people $#@!tards all the time. Never a ban. I get people who say I have bad sportsmanship, in fact, since on my recent black ops 2 spree a month ago I never played the objective, I only went out for headshots and the like. So I now have 60% of the people I play with rate me down, lmao. There are different 'zones' you can play on. I've had xbox live since 2003. Had my console banned for being hacked once, but never a live ban.

So how about the fact that you have to buy a specific headset that will work with XBOX, rather then the 5 other bluetooth headsets?

PITA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sorry to bring the thread back on topic but yes I hope its full on simulation game. Graphics look good too. Just my 2 cents now back to the cock measuring contest of which is better Microsoft or Sony shall we drag up apple vs android again while we are at it?
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to bring the thread back on topic but yes I hope its full on simulation game. Graphics look good too. Just my 2 cents now back to the cock measuring contest of which is better Microsoft or Sony shall we drag up apple vs android again while we are at it?
    well we all know the answer to that........ Click here to enlarge

anyways, im still waiting for a game like motor city online

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

On topic: If that video was all gameplay, then that is pretty impressive. Can't wait to see more.

Off topic: Regarding Xbox vs Playstation, I tend to go to the system that has the most games that I am interested in playing. In the PS2 vs Xbox vs GC era, I enjoyed my PS2 the most as it had a huge library of games that I played while only a few on the Xbox and GC that were exclusive to each system. In this generation, I greatly enjoyed the library of the Xbox360 over the PS3 (the only exclusive game that I wanted to play on PS3 was MGS4, so I borrowed it from a friend). In the next generation that is coming, I'll probably go with whatever has the most games I am interested in as long as its affordable as well (PS3's 600 price tag was absurd when it debuted).

In turn, I am not a fanboy of either system, I just tend to drift to the system that has most of the games that I want to play. Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast