Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hot side turbo piping question

So i wondered about the dents in mine when i got it.. But chalked it up to damage

then i saw this today:

http://imgur.com/4iQKUMW

do any of your hot side pipes have identical dents?

Is it removal damage? Rhd thing? Rhd removal damage? (Hitting steering rack when hoisted?.. Then what about the front dent? :/

i was going to buy a new one.. But if they're all going to be like this i'll have to get one made up.. Probably better anyway, but still, super curious now.

thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    So i wondered about the dents in mine when i got it.. But chalked it up to damage

then i saw this today:

http://imgur.com/4iQKUMW

do any of your hot side pipes have identical dents?

Is it removal damage? Rhd thing? Rhd removal damage? (Hitting steering rack when hoisted?.. Then what about the front dent? :/

i was going to buy a new one.. But if they're all going to be like this i'll have to get one made up.. Probably better anyway, but still, super curious now.

thanks Click here to enlarge
    They all come like that
    2013 BRENTUNING SPONSORED www.brentuning.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ghost135 Click here to enlarge
    They all come like that
    any reason whhy? the rear turbo is VERY choked.. its crushed to less than half!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the pictures i can find on google are of undamaged tubes.. Including pictures from BMW.. That's pretty unacceptable if all are majorly crushed, i could imagine HUGE gains from uncrushed hot side charge piping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The germans crush them because there's $#@! that it'll hit if the motor mounts break/wear. Like your coolant expansion tank. Didn't need em un-crushed for the stock boost. I would agree with the thought that there's some improvements to be had on this piping for stock and especially upgraded stock turbos.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously? LOL

i think if the motor mounts fail i wouldn't give much of a $#@! about anything but .. My life. And the car itsef lol

why is there a dent RIGHT newr the 'y' though? As in.. Above the other pipe?

does anyone offer an upgrade replacement part? Or will i have to get one made up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are no aftermarket parts for those. Just build your owns and make a dyno before and after.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    There are no aftermarket parts for those. Just build your owns and make a dyno before and after.
    I'm surprised to be honest.. Everyone talks about the terrible intake piping that's all flattened, but no one talks abot the even bigger crush on the hot side..

*adds to list of things to do* Click here to enlarge

unless someone offers a replacement aftermarket before i get around to it lol