Close

Thread: New Apple iPad

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

New Apple iPad

I think it's a fail pad, but here ya go:
    Click here to enlarge
    Here it is folks, the Apple iPad. The screen is gorgeous, tilting is responsive, and the thing is super thin. Still, if you've used the iPhone before -- and you can see the two devices side-by-side here -- there's not a lot of surprises here so far. Here are some initial thoughts on the iPad:
    • It's not light. It feels pretty weighty in your hand.
    • The screen is stunning, and it's 1024 x 768. Feels just like a huge iPhone in your hands.
    • The speed of the CPU is something to be marveled at. It is blazingly fast from what we can tell. Webpages loaded up super fast, and scrolling was without a hiccup. Moving into and out of apps was a breeze. Everything flew.
    • There's no multitasking at all. It's a real disappointment. All this power and very little you can do with it at once. No multitasking means no streaming Pandora when you're working in Pages... you can figure it out. It's a real setback for this device.
    • The ebook implementation is about as close as you can get to reading without a stack of bound paper in your hand. The visual stuff really helps flesh out the experience. It may be just for show, but it counts here.
    • No camera. None, nada. Zip. No video conferencing here folks. Hell, it doesn't have an SMS app!
    • It's running iPhone OS 3.2.
    • The keyboard is good, not great. Not quite as responsive as it looked in the demos.
    • No Flash confirmed. So Hulu is out for you, folks!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^lolol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

So if I have a nice laptop why do I need this thing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So if I have a nice laptop why do I need this thing?
    Well if you want a big itouch w/ 3G capabilities, otherwise just use your iphone.

The thing is pretty fail imo, no multitasking whatsoever and doesn't even run OSX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea behind the Ipad and everything, but the price is still way too high for what you are actually getting out of it. For that kind of money, you would just be better off buying an inexpensive(but decent) Laptop that will do a lot more things than the Ipad would. This is just the latest example of Apple's mantra of substance over style.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AstralEclipse Click here to enlarge
    I like the idea behind the Ipad and everything, but the price is still way too high for what you are actually getting out of it. For that kind of money, you would just be better off buying an inexpensive(but decent) Laptop that will do a lot more things than the Ipad would. This is just the latest example of Apple's mantra of substance over style.
    You mean style over substance Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^yeah....form over function Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think that Ipad is a waste. To be honest, I was against i-anything for the longest. I like having options and apple was creating a friggin universe lol. I held back on even accepting the thought of getting something from apple ( Creative has been my alternative mp3 player company for a while lol ) until I saw the Iphone. It was just magnificent and there was no way I could hate on it. What really set it off was when my uncle brought one for my moms for her b-day. After playing with it for like 2 friggin hrs I knew I had to get one. Problem is, technology goes too friggin fast sometimes, case in point, I wanted to get the 3gs cuz I was finally gonna take the plunge and hear the 4g is coming out this summer ? ? ? Eh, blackberry will suffice for now.