Close

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Keep your trans flash guy. I'm not into factory rice. All I give a damn about is racing at road courses, where we measure progress in whole seconds, not milliseconds.
    great than no need for you to add more posts on this thread.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    It would be much appreciated if a South Floridian is able to do this for me so I can see what all this fuss is about. Click here to enlarge
    I too would like to know. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Gaining forum membership by promoting piracy. How you are.
    I dont see how this is worse than buying a COBB unit and flash the DME, only difference here is that no one is making money.

Didn't you go COBB yourself? Do you really think their reverse engineering would have started if the Alpina B3 flash hadn't leaked out many years ago?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I have 2009 model year E92 with a September 2008 build date. I would definitely be in for this if the paddle shifters would still work. I upgraded to the M3 wheel and paddles and would like to keep everything working fully. Look forward to it being figured out.
    See here is your dilemna...Paddles or flash. You would rather have paddles but I think you would change your mind once you actually sat in a flashed car or driven one. If you haven't then yes that would for sure be your choice because like I said videos and people describing it is nothing like feeling it yourself. I do hope we figure it out but still waiting for some more flashes of newer cars. Over the night couple of more cars flashed but still early builds 07
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully you go to JAIL where you belong bra.
    Bra? WTF is that. I know girls wear that $#@! to support their tits, but why the street thug language all off a sudden? You tripping homie the fact that the whole entire community thinks you are clueless.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Bra? WTF is that. I know girls wear that $#@! to support their tits, but why the street thug language all off a sudden? You tripping homie the fact that the whole entire community thinks you are clueless.
    i think we should just stop feeding the troll this thread is already been cluttered by stupid comments
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i think we should just stop feeding the troll this thread is already been cluttered by stupid comments
    I agree. Sticky would you mind taking out deleting all the useless post from this thread.. Thanks a bunch

For those looking to do this flash. You should really clean out all the useless crap on the computer. While flashing if you have any type of interuptions whether you computer freezes you will be in big trouble. I only code or flash with a laptop thats dedicated only for this. I know many will try to flash themselves so be careful..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keen as mustard to get this done. Nov 08 build.

Can't live without my paddles though...

Anyone close by to Australia?... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Keen as mustard to get this done. Nov 08 build.

Can't live without my paddles though...

Anyone close by to Australia?... Click here to enlarge

I'm with you, I'm an 09, 01/09 build and I like being able to steer and paddle shift with one hand, a huge convenience since I drive so much. You guys have done so much work that I guess I'll just have to wait to see if someone else can come up with a paddle shift solution.

I'm new to coding anyway, don't want to blow up my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    got alot of coders flaking on me so i just bought the cable. now to set up the inpa $#@!..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    I'm with you, I'm an 09, 01/09 build and I like being able to steer and paddle shift with one hand, a huge convenience since I drive so much. You guys have done so much work that I guess I'll just have to wait to see if someone else can come up with a paddle shift solution.

I strongly think you can code the paddles in if they're broken on late models since the hardware is the same.

Xi or non-xi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    XI.AT, I'd love to at least test to see how this does with my post shift timing drops in 3rd and 4th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I strongly think you can code the paddles in if they're broken on late models since the hardware is the same.

Xi or non-xi?
    Well I still need to know what the results are on newer model years getting this flash...Still not enough data to support this...Last night few flashes were done but again they were early 2007 and 2008...So far no news on others with newer MYs. Cmon people
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, does it fix the automatic shifting at redline when in manual mode? That would be amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    got alot of coders flaking on me so i just bought the cable. now to set up the inpa $#@!..
    That's because they aren't really coders. Get things together and if you need help let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I understand what your saying with the paddles but based upon what this flash does to the TCU, I would beg to differ...Flash anytime over the paddles. I guess I am more performance related then you are..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MathR601 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, does it fix the automatic shifting at redline when in manual mode? That would be amazing.
    ONE word: YES
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    ONE word: YES
    That was one thing I was going to test today. Would be amazing for the track.

Does anyone know if Alpina still uses the same transmission oil or have they upgraded to something else on their cars?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just drove to work this morning with the new flash. WOW. Overall feel of the trans has improved substantially. In manual mode, downshifts are crisp and much smoother and upshifts seem to be quicker and smoother as well. Overall a very good mod!

I still have limited seat time with the new flash but twice this morning, while in drive, the 3rd-4th shift happened almost immediately after the 2nd-3rd shift which put RPM's almost at idle (~1100rpm). Is there some sort of adaptation period? Will test more and try to log this afternoon. Will update with what I find.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    That's because they aren't really coders. Get things together and if you need help let me know.
    thanks man! i downloaded the sp daten files 48.1, and all the software but alot of them don't work on win 7 64bit so im gonna try and get virtual machine going with xp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    Just drove to work this morning with the new flash. WOW. Overall feel of the trans has improved substantially. In manual mode, downshifts are crisp and much smoother and upshifts seem to be quicker and smoother as well. Overall a very good mod!

I still have limited seat time with the new flash but twice this morning, while in drive, the 3rd-4th shift happened almost immediately after the 2nd-3rd shift which put RPM's almost at idle (~1100rpm). Is there some sort of adaptation period? Will test more and try to log this afternoon. Will update with what I find.
    Please add more...when this happened what mode were you in? This is the first I have heard of this from all the flashed cars out there...If you were in D mode yes the gear changes are very very subtle. I have driven my car and I have no seen this happen what you described.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im fbo xi with meth, use e85, have ast coils, m3 rear suspension parts and my only cosmetic mod is black grills. So to say I'm not performance related might be a little unfair.

Trust me, I love being the first to get new things but I can wait a little longer since my cable isn't going to get here for about 2 weeks, maybe something will pan out.

And I'm not saying the TCU flash isn't probably a huge upgrade based on everyones reviews, it's just personal preference and no reason to rush since it's still winter and spirited driving is limited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    11/08 135i here.
    I would love to have this update but I really can't live without the paddles on the steering wheel Click here to enlarge
    Keep doing the good work guys. You'll come up with something.
    I'll try to set up the software on my old XP laptop so I can help search for paddle codes.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im fbo xi with meth, use e85, have ast coils, m3 rear suspension parts and my only cosmetic mod is black grills. So to say I'm not performance related might be a little unfair.

Trust me, I love being the first to get new things but I can wait a little longer since my cable isn't going to get here for about 2 weeks, maybe something will pan out.

And I'm not saying the TCU flash isn't probably a huge upgrade based on everyones reviews, it's just personal preference and no reason to rush since it's still winter and spirited driving is limited.
    I am not undermining the fact that your not...I am just stating if not having paddles is the deciding factor, then your losing out on something that is pretty drastic in terms of performance gains...But I understand and by no means trying to insult you. What you should do is flash the car and see the difference and then decide...Can always reflash back to oem TCU software.
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Just cut it down a bit bro. Why your're so bitter? I'm a roadcourse guy myself and this will give a big advantage on the track! It's not just milliseconds.

Consider sourcing a used tranny to make the car compatible with the flash. That's what I'll do sooner or later as I can't pass on this. Given the $$$ that went into the car already, who cares about dumping another grand or so lol

Cheers.
    I went off, when he posted this crap:
    "I would think entirely different. A tuned car which increases HP and torque would inherently do more damage as the TCU is not calibrated for those power levels. The Alpina TCU mapping of the software does."

Kindda thumbing his nose at those of us who can't get the wonder flash. I've just been pointing out the inaccuracies of this statement. Just like his statement in my thread that the low temp thermostat I found, wasn't a low temp thermostat, but a malfunctioning termostat. In over a year, I'd think I'll know if my engine thermostat had "failed open". Click here to enlarge

Just be patient and don't worry about this stuff. If you have the $$ upgrade your trans to level 10, and get stronger metal components. Don't rely on software to fix inherently subpar hardware.

I've talked to cobb. They have TCU flashes for the GTR's DCT. They'll look into this, and if there is anything substancial, they've promised to provide flashes, matted to their maps.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast