Close

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    We can't forget about @Tomaz who actually provided the information for making this possible. @Cn555ic for taking the time to figure out how to make it work. Me, I was just along for the ride and I did a little testing. Click here to enlarge

The flash should only take @ 4 minute from the time it prompts you that you have X # of times left to flash. If you have D1-6, S1-6 and M1-6 you should be good. Drive will shift @1600 rpm and at 40mph you will be in 6th, very smoooooth. S1-5 shifts at higher RPM and now when over 70 mph S will shift into 6th. M should fill and sound quicker to respond. Down shifts will be smother and RPM matched better. I have been told that in DTC mode, the car performs much better in the corners when you're out for a track day. If it's not any of the above, then something went wrong.
    Yes my trans does that, so he must of flashed it correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can't forget about @Tomaz who actually provided the information for making this possible. @Cn555ic for taking the time to figure out how to make it work. Me, I was just along for the ride and I did a little testing. Click here to enlarge

The flash should only take @ 4 minute from the time it prompts you that you have X # of times left to flash. If you have D1-6, S1-6 and M1-6 you should be good. Drive will shift @1600 rpm and at 40mph you will be in 6th, very smoooooth. S1-5 shifts at higher RPM and now when over 70 mph S will shift into 6th. M should fill and sound quicker to respond. Down shifts will be smother and RPM matched better. I have been told that in DTC mode, the car performs much better in the corners when you're out for a track day. If it's not any of the above, then something went wrong.
    Hm, D drives kinda like a CVT. It holds revs pretty much depending on how hard you stab the pedal and rows the gears in sequence until you let off then it locks into that gear. smooth downshifts, regular DSC on is actually much more efficient. Tested it in the snow a few days ago in my RWD car, and it's an improvement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    well there is a version of NCSexpert using 64 bits found in Standard Tools 2.12, but I havent gotten it to work. If you must use a 64 laptop then you can setup a VM machine in 32 bit environment.. That takes a little more configurations to get that working..
    I got ST 2.12 working on my 64bit windows 7 laptop. Was pretty straight forward. Successfully flashed my trans, although it took like 30 min or so from the flash counter pop up. I have D1, S1, and M1, so I assume it was successful. Wonder why mine took so long?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Landman Click here to enlarge
    I got ST 2.12 working on my 64bit windows 7 laptop. Was pretty straight forward. Successfully flashed my trans, although it took like 30 min or so from the flash counter pop up. I have D1, S1, and M1, so I assume it was successful. Wonder why mine took so long?
    The cable is a high speed connection to your car, but if you didn't go into the configuration for WinKFP and check the Fast Baudrate, you turn that high speed connection into a slow speed dial up from the 1990's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Hm, D drives kinda like a CVT. It holds revs pretty much depending on how hard you stab the pedal and rows the gears in sequence until you let off then it locks into that gear. smooth downshifts, regular DSC on is actually much more efficient. Tested it in the snow a few days ago in my RWD car, and it's an improvement.
    Good stuff isn't it... Click here to enlarge I actually fell in love with my car again. I guess the new Vett will just have to wait.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    S1-5 shifts at higher RPM and now when over 70 mph S will shift into 6th. M should fill and sound quicker to respond. Down shifts will be smother and RPM matched better.
    I did several testing on this and it's over 73 mph and you have to keep your throttle under 50% to keep your RPM's low so it can up shift to S6. Click here to enlarge
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Arrgghh. Now some vendor over on e90 is advertising remote Alpina flashes for $120 + $50 cable deposit. Maybe this is what gets Alpina legal dept. to step in, been wondering where they've been in all this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff isn't it... Click here to enlarge I actually fell in love with my car again. I guess the new Vett will just have to wait.
    From a performance perspective for acceleration I can live with or without it, but its a nice upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From a performance perspective for acceleration I can live with or without it, but its a nice upgrade.
    Really hope it also turns out to be the case that it helps the tranny handle higher TQ levels. Only time will tell but now that the car is so much more fun to drive I want to get back to upgrading again w/o worrying tranny will explode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The cable is a high speed connection to your car, but if you didn't go into the configuration for WinKFP and check the Fast Baudrate, you turn that high speed connection into a slow speed dial up from the 1990's...
    I just double checked my setting, it was set for Fast Baudrate. One thing I noticed during the install was that at the point where flashing begins, I got the X more times pop up, then it reached 100% within seconds, then it started again without the second X more times pop up, ran for about 30 min, then I got the second pop up, then it ran for about 5 minutes, and I got the all ok pop up. And it told me I had 60 more flashes instead of 62. Like I said, strange, but all seams fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Really hope it also turns out to be the case that it helps the tranny handle higher TQ levels. Only time will tell but now that the car is so much more fun to drive I want to get back to upgrading again w/o worrying tranny will explode.
    Tranny will give out early if you throw a ton of power at it, the goal is to prolong the life as much as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Landman Click here to enlarge
    I just double checked my setting, it was set for Fast Baudrate. One thing I noticed during the install was that at the point where flashing begins, I got the X more times pop up, then it reached 100% within seconds, then it started again without the second X more times pop up, ran for about 30 min, then I got the second pop up, then it ran for about 5 minutes, and I got the all ok pop up. And it told me I had 60 more flashes instead of 62. Like I said, strange, but all seams fine.
    Thats is one of the longest flashes in history of this flash!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Wedge. It's everything you said it would be. You know who I am. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tranny will give out early if you throw a ton of power at it, the goal is to prolong the life as much as possible.
    Yes, to restate my point and maybe yours: the hope is that by allowing a less slip and being calibrated for higher TQ levels the life is longer than it would be otherwise at higher HP/TQ. It might even run cooler who knows. The fact that it is also much more enjoyable to use is pretty nice too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah everything is just magic with this flash. only drive in S and M mode now
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 511b error is gone on my car after some flashing. The car was in for a different issue and the dealer flashed the following modules (boxed in red) and that permanently removed the 511b error. I have no idea if it will come back after flashing, but I can't test it until my car is fixed. I'm guessing it was the DME flash that fixed it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats is one of the longest flashes in history of this flash!
    That's nuts... I've never seen it take that long... I would have lost it waiting thinking the entire time I bricked my first car. LOL... Wonder if @Landman is just using a really old laptop or maybe a netbook?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xtrackdog Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Wedge. It's everything you said it would be. You know who I am. Click here to enlarge
    Hey man... Glad to hear. Keep in touch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's nuts... I've never seen it take that long... I would have lost it waiting thinking the entire time I bricked my first car. LOL... Wonder if @Landman is just using a really old laptop or maybe a netbook?
    lol...I would think it has to be really old because 30 minutes is the longest I have seen so far and the funny thing is it flashed over fine after that too...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol...I would think it has to be really old because 30 minutes is the longest I have seen so far and the funny thing is it flashed over fine after that too...
    Nope, just a 2 year old Toshiba with Win 7 64bit. Is anyone else using ST 2.12? Maybe it's the 64 bit version? I don't know, I have checked and rechecked all settings, just because I want to know why, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My cable came in last friday, but I had no time to flash until today.
    Besides it still being 2C here, cold as $#@! for springtime, at least it did not snow today.
    I tried to make a screenshot of all my module versions. but for some reason I can't find in INPA where you guys have the module list like that. Maybe I have another version.
    Flash was fully as described Click here to enlarge
    Because my laptop is very slow it starts with a fast 0 to 100% loading bar when programming you guys probably will never see.
    Then the first long programming started. I didn't wear a watch and was checking the time on the radio display. Don't, because that display freezes, so the first 3 of (almost) 5 minutes it took were nervewrecking because that felt like a very long minute... until I checked the gaugeclock. That was running fine.

Shut the car down, came back later, cleared all the codes and checked if I had paddle functionality. Nope. I anticipated that and did the NCSExpert flash, wich took like 5 seconds flat to program, maybe less. To my surprise it worked (I had doubts because it was done so quick).
    Just took the car for a spin. It takes some gettinhg used to.
    Car feels almost lazy at slow speeds in D. I really like S and M now Click here to enlarge.
    Thanks @Cn555ic for the setting up.
    I'll paypal you for the effort!

@Autobahn335i
    We can set something up when your car is ready for it man.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey David. Glad you got it working!!! To get to that INPA screen

load INPA. Choose e90. And then a Box will pop up where u can choose engine/kossierie but look to the far right of that box on the other side and you will see functional jobs. Click on that and then a new screen will pop up. Choose F(3) UIF. There you will see the screen everyone has taken pics of.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And then a Box will pop up where u can choose engine/kossierie
    Thank you again Steven.
    That is indeed where I started clicking on the items in the box instead of lookin on the right Click here to enlarge
    I'll hook the laptop up again tomorrow to make some screenshots for reference.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome Click here to enlargeI'll start hunting for a used tranny then!So registering the newer transmission with the car will should work out without issues? Just need to put in my VIN during the coding?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    My cable came in last friday, but I had no time to flash until today.Besides it still being 2C here, cold as $#@! for springtime, at least it did not snow today.I tried to make a screenshot of all my module versions. but for some reason I can't find in INPA where you guys have the module list like that. Maybe I have another version.Flash was fully as described Click here to enlargeBecause my laptop is very slow it starts with a fast 0 to 100% loading bar when programming you guys probably will never see.Then the first long programming started. I didn't wear a watch and was checking the time on the radio display. Don't, because that display freezes, so the first 3 of (almost) 5 minutes it took were nervewrecking because that felt like a very long minute... until I checked the gaugeclock. That was running fine.Shut the car down, came back later, cleared all the codes and checked if I had paddle functionality. Nope. I anticipated that and did the NCSExpert flash, wich took like 5 seconds flat to program, maybe less. To my surprise it worked (I had doubts because it was done so quick). Just took the car for a spin. It takes some gettinhg used to. Car feels almost lazy at slow speeds in D. I really like S and M now Click here to enlarge.Thanks @Cn555ic for the setting up.I'll paypal you for the effort!@Autobahn335i We can set something up when your car is ready for it man.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Thank you again Steven.
    That is indeed where I started clicking on the items in the box instead of lookin on the right Click here to enlarge
    I'll hook the laptop up again tomorrow to make some screenshots for reference.
    Ah yes. We all sometimes have tunnel vision when working with things that are not familiar! Big props though as you got it working. D will get some time to get use to as its quite different then before but if your in D mode and feel the need to go fast just slap the shifter to the left and it will rev match u in gear and off you go!!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast