Close

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Could you give a little more details on this version of this DIY?

Listen just do the DIY that I listed its fine for now until I edited it. Too many generals in one army will lead to many orders and confuse.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm very tempted to try this on my N55 X1 35i M Sport.

I believe it should work as I have the coding cable and uses the same powertrain as the 335/135, but I will have to check my 6AT version when I get a chance to make sure they are close enough. Wonder if this is good for a tenth of a second at the strip.
    Last edited by paradoxical3; 03-10-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm very tempted to try this on my N55 X1 35i M Sport.

I believe it should work as I have the coding cable and uses the same powertrain as the 335/135, but I will have to check my 6AT version when I get a chance to make sure they are close enough. Wonder if this is good for a tenth of a second at the strip.
    N55 X1 uses 8 speed auto... different tranny

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this flash is for N54 , all people doing it on N55 are asking for troubles IMHO
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seroga1986 Click here to enlarge
    N55 X1 uses 8 speed auto... different tranny
    Nope, only the 28I. The 35i I have uses a six speed with the n55 engine. It's literally a lifted 135 as far as mods go. Even exhaust is the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No manual transmission is available on the X1, and you can't pair rear-wheel drive with the N55.
    The x1
    sDrive28i or xDrive28i automatic is the eight-speed ZF;
    The xDrive35i offers only a six-speed automatic transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nope, only the 28I. The 35i I have uses a six speed with the n55 engine. It's literally a lifted 135 as far as mods go. Even exhaust is the same.
    If it has the exact same trans (ZF 6-speed 6HP21) and you want to try, go for it. Worst that happens is it doesn't work & you flash to the most recent TCM software programming.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry guys i was thinking about 2013 year X3. The 2013 X3, 2.0T and 3.0T has the 8-speed. My wife has the 2013 2.0T so i thought of it right away lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So i downloaded Spdaten48.1 (4.6GB) and unzipped it which has 7 parts totaling 44GB. So which part do i use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If it has the exact same trans (ZF 6-speed 6HP21) and you want to try, go for it. Worst that happens is it doesn't work & you flash to the most recent TCM software programming.
    It has the ZF 6HP19 according to realoem, as appears in the screenshot in the first post of the OP. I believe it will work, but I'll double-check with INPA later.

The only issue is that I don't have the MSD80 or 81, I have a newer ECU that there is virtually no info on. That being said, the JB4 works just fine so who knows. Just hoping this doesn't pose an issue from a coding standpoint.
    Last edited by paradoxical3; 03-10-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seroga1986 Click here to enlarge
    So i downloaded Spdaten48.1 (4.6GB) and unzipped it which has 7 parts totaling 44GB. So which part do i use?
    You can delete the rest and just save the E89 spdaten file. That's the file you will be using to import into Winkfp and the other software (Ediabas, NCS and INPA)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flash is awesome, thanks to cn555ic, the drive home was fun even though I spent a good chunk of it trying to find a gap large enough to re adapt map 5. The last 20 mins or so was a pretty dead chunk of the NJ Turnpike and a nice older guy in a 535 wanted to play a bit so we did a few quick pulls nothing crazy but the difference is very noticable. down changes are lightning fast now and D mode feels CSV like its so smooth. Thanks again, highly recommend if your in the tri state area and dont mind popping over into Brooklyn to PM c555 and let him handle this for you quick and easy (I was in and out in 15 minutes).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After getting some seat time recently in my car, she has transformed into a beast that she is. Steven is the man. He flashed my AT to the Alpina B3 and has brought out a side of her which I never thought existed. Not only does the car upshifts quicker in gear to tall 6 in D, saving on my fuel economy, and the shifts are butterly smooth. Also when driving it in D/S (Sport), the car becomes alive. It revs match perfectly (much better than before) and it stays in gear longer. I probably sound like a broken record with most stating the same thing, but just wanted to give my .02 cents.
    Thanks @Cn555ic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It has the ZF 6HP19 according to realoem, as appears in the screenshot in the first post of the OP. I believe it will work, but I'll double-check with INPA later.

The only issue is that I don't have the MSD80 or 81, I have a newer ECU that there is virtually no info on. That being said, the JB4 works just fine so who knows. Just hoping this doesn't pose an issue from a coding standpoint.
    The TCM (which is being flashed with the Alpina software) and the DME are two separate entities, so it shouldn't matter. Won't know for sure until you try
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    wow...had mine done remotely today. I wasn't a believer, but wow. The paddles are actually fun to use! Which leads me to my question. Will it effect the coding if I switch to M3 paddles where left is down and right is up? I know they are simply plug and play on the stock software. @Cn555ic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that I have updated the trans, any recommendations on updating the dsc and mds80? I have a late 07 build 08 335xi.

the trans update is great but it seems a bit glitchy sometimes. Accelerating in manual mode I have a tendency to skip 2nd as I think the Ecu and my paddle flip are occurring about the same time and I go straight to 3rd.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Was out burning some gas tonight in Mexico. How is this for a fast 3->4 shift? Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So to flash back to stock, I would just do the same procedure except choose my ecu (mevd1726) instead of the GKE215? If so I'll try this on my X1 tomorrow morning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, does your car normally bottom out advance during shifts? If so, that's a really nice improvement that might actually show some gains at the track. I know my car completely craters during shifting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Was out burning some gas tonight in Mexico. How is this for a fast 3->4 shift? Click here to enlarge
    How does that compare to pre-alpina flash? Are you able to measure the shift in Milli seconds?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    How does that compare to pre-alpina flash? Are you able to measure the shift in Milli seconds?
    According to ZF the 6HP21 has a 300ms shift time. Average shift for most AT cars is 500ms. It's really hard to judge, but you have reaction time and slippage time on shift which equals the shift time. I think the flash actually helps both aspects, paddle reaction time is reduced and the transmission has less slippage time over stock flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    According to ZF the 6HP21 has a 300ms shift time. Average shift for most AT cars is 500ms. It's really hard to judge, but you have reaction time and slippage time on shift which equals the shift time. I think the flash actually helps both aspects, paddle reaction time is reduced and the transmission has less slippage time over stock flash.
    Thanks for the info! I was just curious if Terry could post some logs before the Alpina Flash and if there was a way he could compare shift time. Im pretty sure the x axis on his log is seconds but without a vertical marker its hard to measure the shift time between 3rd and 4th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any cheaper cables that work other than the one in the first post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Any cheaper cables that work other than the one in the first post?
    Maybe some do, but would you risk it?
    You could brick your car, and it takes several weeks to get the right cable...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast