Close

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I had this a couple of times with my old laptop.
    You need AT LEAST 15Gb free on the C: drive for the data to read in and compile.
    The more the better.
    In the end Cn555ic helped me with the install on my laptop, but even then it was nervewrecking keeping one eye on the free HDU space .
    Mind you, on an old CPU (mine is 2006 Celeron with 2Gb) the merging and filling of the files which takes place at indeed 94% can take a long time.
    I decided to uninstall that version and try another one and i got this error the same as the guide to importing data and it says just add a colon to the two longest files in notebook SGIDC.AS2 did that and no errors and went through still hanged on 94% but went threw.
    I'm just waiting on the new cable to arrive to try it out.
    Here is the screen image of this error.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chappy Click here to enlarge
    I decided to uninstall that version and try another one and i got this error the same as the guide to importing data and it says just add a colon to the two longest files in notebook SGIDC.AS2 did that and no errors and went through still hanged on 94% but went threw.
    I'm just waiting on the new cable to arrive to try it out.
    Here is the screen image of this error.
    Same here, took maybe 15 min @ 94% after commenting out the 2 lines in SGIDC.AS2. Used a tutorial from bimmerofrums. I wonder what they are for BTW. Hope to try flashing later today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Post up to see how you went with the flash, i might try to reinstall the other package thou that one had a lot of errors at 94% still i like to see if those 2 long lines is the cause of the other inpa/ebiabas/winkfp package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chappy Click here to enlarge
    Post up to see how you went with the flash, i might try to reinstall the other package thou that one had a lot of errors at 94% still i like to see if those 2 long lines is the cause of the other inpa/ebiabas/winkfp package.
    Were you able to pull up the Alpina file, following the DIY here in post #1 in this thread? I ran through all that over the weekend and it was fine. Now I just need to clear out my garage (still winter here and lots of snow) and see if the chinese cable works. I will post up results once I have some. Have an 09 so even if everything goes perfectly I expect to lose the paddles temporarily.

edit: the cable I got came with a disc of all the BMW diag tools software, totally incomprehensible install instructions that kept failing. So I gave up and got the WinKFP/INPA/NSC/BMWtools software elsewhere, and pulled cable drivers & SPdaten 48.1 torrent and followed the tutorial above to import it all. So far so good we'll see.
    Last edited by ajsalida; 03-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh and one other thing, the sketchy old XP laptop I thought I had in a box somewhere had vanished, and all I had was a Vista 32 bit POS. But I ran all the install programs under XP compatibility mode and they were fine. They would not run under Vista, so I was not expecting much but it seems to have run OK for now. I got no errors @ 94% BTW, and none running WinKFP after instal and import of 48.1 except one at start up that I assume (hope) is due to the cable not being connected to the car. We'll see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, this reflash is just nuts. Its like M mode for the 335. Car feels like it knows you want to play and can handle the torque much much better.
    Walked the $#@! out of a S5 with my bloated piggy e93.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK quick update. Flash went fine no errors. Followed DIY instructions and turned it off for five minutes, then started it. No bad codes or flashing nastiness, everything went into gear with anticipated new displays (D1, S1 etc.) no clunks or explosions. Took it for a short test ride no issues, much better shifting up and down. Did not get on it at all. Lost paddles so I'll do that next and INPA clear codes etc. Drops to S1 at a stop but stays in M2, is that what others see? Also downshifts really do rev match to the extent that it almost seems to speed up a little. My area is very hilly though.

So far so good! Will update again once/if I get paddles running and have a chance to thrash it out on the highway, just running around my residential neighborhood for the short test. Thanks much to all who made this possible esp Cn555 & Wedge, and Tomaz dude WTF happened to you?

edit: oh yeah my car is 09 USA version e92 xi, prod date 10/2008.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Drops to S1 at a stop but stays in M2, is that what others see? Also downshifts really do rev match to the extent that it almost seems to speed up a little. My area is very hilly though.
    I noticed that last nite, in the Drive & Sport modes it'll utilize 1st gear. In Manual mode, it will never go below 2nd.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I noticed that last nite, in the Drive & Sport modes it'll utilize 1st gear. In Manual mode, it will never go below 2nd.
    OK thanks for confirming that. I was just reading up on the paddle fix and it is more than I want to tackle right now. So going to go for a longer test drive then do some more reading this evening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    OK thanks for confirming that. I was just reading up on the paddle fix and it is more than I want to tackle right now. So going to go for a longer test drive then do some more reading this evening.
    When you get the paddles working, you'll be glad -- The paddles shifts are a lot faster (that minor delay is gone). The flash as a whole has def changed the "personality" of the 6AT when you drive it aggressively
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS, op, small donation sent your way. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    When you get the paddles working, you'll be glad -- The paddles shifts are a lot faster (that minor delay is gone). The flash as a whole has def changed the "personality" of the 6AT when you drive it aggressively
    Yep, agree completely on changing car's character even W/O paddles enabled. I am still reading up on the paddle fix, I wonder if NCS Dummy would work. Anyway also wanted to confirm that the 6800 RPM automatic upshift in M mode is definitely there. Thing just feels mean now. D mode is a bit stodgy, was shifting into 6th at 40 mph and holding to 1200 rpm putting along. Good for gas mileage I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I'll collect mine in person! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you should gain 2-3 MPG if driving the same as before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow membership soon to hit 20K and growingClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Wow membership soon to hit 20K and growingClick here to enlarge
    Just getting warmed up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I'll collect mine in person! Click here to enlarge
    Lunch is definitely on me. Or Dinner if you will be down by the socal hotel Friday night.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lunch is definitely on me. Or Dinner if you will be down by the socal hotel Friday night.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Arg! Getting impatient waiting on my cable from HK reading about how awesome this trans flash is...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hi,
    does the flash also work for x-drive AT? Alpina also sell x-drive, but there are other part numbers for the AT.
    Thanks in advance :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigHoncho Click here to enlarge
    Hi,
    does the flash also work for x-drive AT? Alpina also sell x-drive, but there are other part numbers for the AT.
    Thanks in advance :-)
    Yes. What MM/YY was your car built. Give me a call if you need help getting setup. 503-679-3538

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Yes. What MM/YY was your car built. Give me a call if you need help getting setup. 503-679-3538
    It's a 01/2009 E92 335xi... just wondering if there is any difference between x-drive and RW AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigHoncho Click here to enlarge
    It's a 01/2009 E92 335xi... just wondering if there is any difference between x-drive and RW AT

Yes your have great traction!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might need to get some remote coding done. PM me if you are interested.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast