Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    this post might help understand
    It does.. Thank you very much!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita whats the story bro..When is this cable coming in...Very interested to see the outcome of your flash
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Enrita whats the story bro..When is this cable coming in...Very interested to see the outcome of your flash
    Click here to enlarge first need to change all injectors again and hpfp + walbro. Engine runs great and gives 50 whp more than the crappy rebuilded one constantly but fueling is bad with limp and codes. Cable will be here when i get the car back AGAIN probably monday or tuesday.
    The shop flashed an old DME prog in the MSD81 so now i have freaken lag and lpfp not priming . if they cannot upload new version i told them i will through winkfp at their shop haha
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    Some quick feedback on the flash as it relates to changes in the DTC.
    This weekend was the first time running the flash at an AutoX, it was very loose, cold and loamy surface.

Running R888's square setup it was still loose, my best time was with the DTC on (half disabled) which I have ran before. I can say it’s less intrusive and will be using it again , conditions permitting. It’s as good if not better than Porsches version (PASM or PSM) in my opinion.
    Def sounds right, basically the "M mode" for the 135/335s that have the Alpina flash. Def like it a lot more since the power only gets cut when the car thinks you're gonna kill yourself

Click here to enlarge first need to change all injectors again and hpfp + walbro. Engine runs great and gives 50 whp more than the crappy rebuilded one constantly but fueling is bad with limp and codes. Cable will be here when i get the car back AGAIN probably monday or tuesday.
    The shop flashed an old DME prog in the MSD81 so now i have freaken lag and lpfp not priming . if they cannot upload new version i told them i will through winkfp at their shop haha
    If you want to get things done, sometimes you gotta do it yourself, lol. Getting the Walbro so you can run 100% E85?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

If you want to get things done, sometimes you gotta do it yourself, lol. Getting the Walbro so you can run 100% E85?
    thats the plan. 18-15 psi boost , loads of timings and 100% E85
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats the plan. 18-15 psi boost , loads of timings and 100% E85
    Only 18psi on your TD Turbos?? Or you back on stockers now with the new motor? If stockers, sounds like ~450 WHP without meth
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Only 18psi on your TD Turbos?? Or you back on stockers now with the new motor? If stockers, sounds like ~450 WHP without meth
    yeah thats the street map. I am only going to use meth to cool the charge , not fueling. anyway for the moment i just want to make COBB work right with a daily driver map. we can take this conversation on my other thread so we dont clutter here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got my flash done today thanks to the original gangsta @Cn555ic I'm BRENTUNED,fbo, rb, meth.. blah blah "everything".

Holy hell what a difference. No more 5th gear flatline and I can pull strong to 180 now no issues.

Here's a quick video of the M Mode with me shifting with the paddles.

2013 BRENTUNING SPONSORED www.brentuning.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ghost135 Click here to enlarge
    Got my flash done today thanks to the original gangsta @Cn555ic I'm BRENTUNED,fbo, rb, meth.. blah blah "everything".

Holy hell what a difference. No more 5th gear flatline and I can pull strong to 180 now no issues.

Here's a quick video of the M Mode with me shifting with the paddles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkUk...ature=youtu.be

OMG that looks smooth as hell!! 180 your nutzClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    OMG that looks smooth as hell!! 180 your nutzClick here to enlarge

haha I was sitting in traffic all day I had to hit it atleast once.. only 140 in the vid but she moves Click here to enlarge Thanks again for everything steve!
    2013 BRENTUNING SPONSORED www.brentuning.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    That's madmanhiker. I flashed his today, using the same process I did on mine and a couple others, then recoded the paddles to work. Surprisingly, his tach is not dropping to zero during manual shifts even after warm up. In my process, I do NOT force the programming. That seems to be the only difference. For those having this issue, try re-flashing to stock and flash the Alpina file with the force program flash turned off and see if it corrects the tach issue.
    So today I flashed back to stock, then unchecked the box, saved the .ini and ran the flash again. No change, I'm still getting the tach drop. Is it possible for you to post up a picture of the modules and versions that madmanhiker is running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    So today I flashed back to stock, then unchecked the box, saved the .ini and ran the flash again. No change, I'm still getting the tach drop. Is it possible for you to post up a picture of the modules and versions that madmanhiker is running?
    I wasn't able to go out to his house today and probably won't be able tomorrow either. I'll try to as soon as I can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In trouble with downloading the SP-DATEN E89 V48.1 assemble line data it loads and stops at 94% my computer guy tried everything but no go.
    Tried different versions of inpa/ediabas/winkfp but no luck the PABD and ECU loads alright to winkfp just the data.
    Any ideas please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In regards to the changes in DSC you guys are talking about, how can we get this for 6MT cars?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    In regards to the changes in DSC you guys are talking about, how can we get this for 6MT cars?
    So unfortunately we don't know what module or assembly number would be used to flash the DSC on an 6MT car. It would probably be easier to figure out how to upgrading your 335 to the M3 DSC code. Same thing with everyone who has DCT. If you have time to dig through the modules, or get someone with an M3 talked into doing an INPA dump of the assembly numbers, then you could do comparisons of the assembly numbers and possibly flash your DCT or MT cars to take advantage of the M programming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chappy Click here to enlarge
    In trouble with downloading the SP-DATEN E89 V48.1 assemble line data it loads and stops at 94% my computer guy tried everything but no go.
    Tried different versions of inpa/ediabas/winkfp but no luck the PABD and ECU loads alright to winkfp just the data.
    Any ideas please.
    Let me know if you need help. 503-679-3538

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just had @Wedge1967 guide me through the flash remotely. Car is a beast now. Literally feels like DCT. Super smooth and crisp shifts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    So unfortunately we don't know what module or assembly number would be used to flash the DSC on an 6MT car. It would probably be easier to figure out how to upgrading your 335 to the M3 DSC code. Same thing with everyone who has DCT. If you have time to dig through the modules, or get someone with an M3 talked into doing an INPA dump of the assembly numbers, then you could do comparisons of the assembly numbers and possibly flash your DCT or MT cars to take advantage of the M programming.
    not sure if that would even be a good idea. m3 dsc is built around having a mechanical lsd, while the alpina version was based on our cars with an e-diff.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    not sure if that would even be a good idea. m3 dsc is built around having a mechanical lsd, while the alpina version was based on our cars with an e-diff.
    Well, I've always said you'll never know until you try. You can always flash it back as long as you have the correct numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any ideas please.
    You could try using the bmw coding tool to load it - just download and run, set the source daten file location and the locations of winkfp ediabas and ncsexpert, then just kit the update spdaten and update winkfp buttons to install the daten files. http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....MW-Coding-Tool

Worth a shot to see if it works and always the best way to not screw up loading new daten files.

Rob
    Last edited by Roadkillrob; 03-06-2013 at 03:37 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any ideas please.
    I had this a couple of times with my old laptop.
    You need AT LEAST 15Gb free on the C: drive for the data to read in and compile.
    The more the better.
    In the end Cn555ic helped me with the install on my laptop, but even then it was nervewrecking keeping one eye on the free HDU space .
    Mind you, on an old CPU (mine is 2006 Celeron with 2Gb) the merging and filling of the files which takes place at indeed 94% can take a long time.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this post might help understand
    It does indeed. Didn't remember that post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol just use win 7 64bit! quad core sandy bridge helps alot Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    lol just use win 7 64bit! quad core sandy bridge helps alot Click here to enlarge
    Not dragging my desktop system to the car with all the components and dual screen setup Click here to enlarge
    My old XP laptop will do. It's only used for flashing the JB4 when needed and watching F1 live timing when watching the races, so this TCU flash should work as well.
    And it is set up now by the expert, so just the post from Hong Kong (it is on it's way, ordered it just before they ran out Click here to enlarge ) and I'll be all golden.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Slightly OT but Alpina just released the B3 for the F30 platform in Geneva, here is the relevant marketing PR for the 8-speed "switch-tronic" based on the 8HP70 ( e9x swap anyone?)

TRANSMISSION
    Inspired by the pleasure that the 8-Speed Sport-Automatic transmission with SWITCH-TRONIC offers in the bigger BMW ALPINA models, the so-called 8HP70 transmission has been extensively adapted to suit the performance characteristics of the new 3 Series from ALPINA.
    In actual fact, the high power output and torque of the Bi-Turbo combine so well with this transmission that performance figures usually associated with much larger but less efficient engines are achieved. Furthermore, this transmission excels in disciplines often assumed to be incompatible and offers an optimum driving experience in every situation. To this end, three shift modes are available: Automatic (D), Sport (S) and Manual (M).

In Automatic (D) Shift Mode the focus is strictly on driving comfort. The transmission changes gears quickly and with no noticeable interruption to the delivery of power. The torque of the engine enables consumption-optimised 'surfing' in high gears even at very low speeds and in urban driving environments. Even at higher cruising speeds rpms will remain low, for example 2500rpm at 170km/h in 8th gear, increasing long-distance driving comfort significantly.

Sport (S) Shift Mode noticeably shortens the time it takes for the next gear to engage and depending on engine load significantly moves the shift points up the rev range. Accelerator inputs are carried out immediately, full throttle i.e. kick-down will implement multi-simultaneous downshifts and optimal acceleration. When combined with the Sport or Sport+ setting of the Drive Performance Control, which modifies the drive and chassis setup, gearshifts are even quicker and also more acoustic thanks to single-cylinder fade-out. This function interrupts the injection of fuel into a given cylinder for a fraction of a second, creating the required reduction in torque that the automatic transmission requires for super quick and dynamic up-shifts.

Activating the Manual (M) Shift Mode by utilising the SWITCH-TRONIC buttons on the back of the steering wheel, allows the driver to take control and shift gears when suitable or necessary. In this mode the comfort and speed of the gear changes can be influenced by selecting between Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport or Sport+ using the Drive Performance Control. A special feature of the Sport, Sport+ and DSC Off setting is the suppression of automatic up-shift in Manual (M) Shift Mode – hereby the selected gear is held into the rpm limiter and the transmission will not up-shift into a higher gear.

Abundant torque allows the use of a long rear axle ratio which in combination with the 8-Speed Sport Automatic transmission and Auto Start Stop contributes significantly to achieving excellent fuel economy. Top speed is achieved in 7th gear. Additional hardware modifications for dealing with output and torque include reinforced front and rear axle differentials, high-strength output and drive shafts and a high-torque transmission gear unit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/05/alpina-b3-bi-turbo-geneva-2013/

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast