Close

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Someone on e90post flashed his n55 and his doesn't exhibit the tach drop. I'm trying to get more information from him, but looks like we have a bouncing point to compare against

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    FWIW loaded the flash on our 2012 N55 E90, and it exhibits the same tach drop to 0 when shifting manually. Did not bother to recode the paddles yet. But shifts seem firmer. Maybe I can program the JB4 to spoof the tach during shifts if no other solution comes along.
    I have a feeling my paddle shift didn't completely load properly as I did it with the p3 vent gauge sharing the OBD connection and I couldn't reset the kombi module with it connected. I'm going to try to go through the paddle shifter steps again tomorrow with the p3 disconnected and see if that does anything. madmanhiker reported full function, but I don't know if he tried it without the paddle shifter fix, I'm banking on that being the problem with ours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    Someone on e90post flashed his n55 and his doesn't exhibit the tach drop. I'm trying to get more information from him, but looks like we have a bouncing point to compare against
    That's madmanhiker. I flashed his today, using the same process I did on mine and a couple others, then recoded the paddles to work. Surprisingly, his tach is not dropping to zero during manual shifts even after warm up. In my process, I do NOT force the programming. That seems to be the only difference. For those having this issue, try re-flashing to stock and flash the Alpina file with the force program flash turned off and see if it corrects the tach issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    That's madmanhiker. I flashed his today, using the same process I did on mine and a couple others, then recoded the paddles to work. Surprisingly, his tach is not dropping to zero during manual shifts even after warm up. In my process, I do NOT force the programming. That seems to be the only difference. For those having this issue, try re-flashing to stock and flash the Alpina file with the force program flash turned off and see if it corrects the tach issue.
    So you don't have the "force programming in comfort mode" box checked and that's the only difference?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you don't have the "force programming in comfort mode" box checked and that's the only difference?
    Correct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Hmm was not sure where to check build that was loaded so flashing to stock up might be an issue. Click here to enlarge Anyone know for an n55?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Correct
    You guys are all my heroes (esp @Cn555ic, @Wedge1967 and others that got it working initally). I didn't think the flash would work when I first started reading these threads weeks ago, then I figured for sure the N55 would be in the TCU doghouse but you guys just don't quit! Good work all! Thanks for keeping at it and taking the risks!
    Click here to enlarge

I don't know that I'll use it but it's good to know the option is there because of you all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hmm was not sure where to check build that was loaded so flashing to stock up might be an issue. Click here to enlarge Anyone know for an n55?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not quite sure if you guys are feeling it but the magnitude of this flash in the N54 community is absolutely immense. It's a wave, hard to describe. But regardless, think about this, a software flash, a freaking software flash alone, is making a huge impact in the way your Ultimate Driving Machine performs. And BMW wasn't the first to offer this, just because?
    It really is amazing yet so basic a need that was never filled. Seems the TCU should have easier to crack then the DME but maybe nobody thought there would be a reasonable market for it.

The question then is, how hard is the TCU to reflash and what would people be willing to pay for a handheld flasher like the Cobb AP to be able to tune their trans the way they like it within reason? I would think that pricing within range of the current DME reflash offerings is not out of the question if a decent amount of customization were there (raised rev limit anyone?), no laptop & cable games, easy reflash back to OEM for service etc. Hopefully certain tuners are reading...

In the meantime, enjoy what you have achieved guys- it was long deserved and long overdue!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    The question then is, how hard is the TCU to reflash and what would people be willing to pay for a handheld flasher like the Cobb AP to be able to tune their trans the way they like it within reason?
    Why even go this far? Why doesn't BMW make the trans performance their priority and flash updates that make the car drive better rather than restrict it? Seriously, Alpina has to come in?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 11 I did was 7601492

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can also look at the update history to get the old number. I don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

So the only difference from Madmanhiker is it wasnt forced programming...I am not sure if that could be it because afterwards it has to share the same assembly line and Part number...Can you check both on Madmanhikers car to see...Give us some pics of INPA screen...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The 11 I did was 7601492
    That seems to be the assembly line number on all the ones I did for N54 too...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    So the only difference from Madmanhiker is it wasnt forced programming...I am not sure if that could be it because afterwards it has to share the same assembly line and Part number...Can you check both on Madmanhikers car to see...Give us some pics of INPA screen...
    Unfortunately I didn't take pics after the flash but I'm sure everything is updated like the rest I've done.
    I'll try to stop by tomorrow to get pics anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Thx tomorrow will try reflashing.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    That seems to be the assembly line number on all the ones I did for N54 too...
    It could be due to an early build date of his 11 n55. May also be why his tach doesn't drop out. The build date was 3/29/10.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Find out the assembly line of Madmanhkers car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It could be due to an early build date of his 11 n55. May also be why his tach doesn't drop out. The build date was 3/29/10.
    Hmm, mine's an 03/10 build too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was yours updated at the dealership at any point? He's only got 10k miles on his and I'm certain the dealership hasn't updated his.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Was yours updated at the dealership at any point? He's only got 10k miles on his and I'm certain the dealership hasn't updated his.
    Not to my knowledge, but I bought it with 6.5k on the clock and it was a dealership car. It's sitting at almost 43k miles now. I do almost 100% of the work to it myself, and I don't recall seeing any software updates on my reports when I have brought it in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Not to my knowledge, but I bought it with 6.5k on the clock and it was a dealership car. It's sitting at almost 43k miles now. I do almost 100% of the work to it myself, and I don't recall seeing any software updates on my reports when I have brought it in.
    Did reflashing with the "forced programming" option unchecked do anything on yours?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Did reflashing with the "forced programming" option unchecked do anything on yours?
    Didn't have the option to do it tonight, gonna try tomorrow PM. I'll report back on whether it has an effect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Didn't have the option to do it tonight, gonna try tomorrow PM. I'll report back on whether it has an effect.
    Cool let me know. I sent Jeff @ BMS home with our N55 E90 and he may not be in tomorrow. I'm curious to know if it helps. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why even go this far? Why doesn't BMW make the trans performance their priority and flash updates that make the car drive better rather than restrict it? Seriously, Alpina has to come in?
    I sympathize and wish that were likely to happen but that's an enthusiast point of view. I suspect most car companies think it's mission accomplished once the car is sold (or in bmw's case, leased) and call it a day.

You know well at BMW its down to luxobarges and green party fantasies lately. We'll be driving MB if they keep their current trend. Click here to enlarge

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast