Close

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1328
  1. #776
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Tried to work with the guy that flashed his N55 and had the weird tach issues...There is no immediately solution to this. We tried to code the kombi with no success. We even tried to eliminate the other variables like his P3 gauge and his JB tune. Reflashed again to see if that was the issue and no dice, the tach still acted weird. I have no clue at this point but the OP that has the flash is experiencing the same benefits that we are experiencing on our N54. Anyone have any ideas whats up with the tach??
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Tried to work with the guy that flashed his N55 and had the weird tach issues...There is no immediately solution to this. We tried to code the kombi with no success. We even tried to eliminate the other variables like his P3 gauge and his JB tune. Reflashed again to see if that was the issue and no dice, the tach still acted weird. I have no clue at this point but the OP that has the flash is experiencing the same benefits that we are experiencing on our N54. Anyone have any ideas whats up with the tach??
    The needle drops in the same fashion as an N54 cutting timing during an upshift. I think the tach is confused when the TCU requests an upshift, causing the tach to drop out before it recovers.

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26
    Rep Points
    46.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The needle drops in the same fashion as an N54 cutting timing during an upshift. I think the tach is confused when the TCU requests an upshift, causing the tach to drop out before it recovers.
    For what it's worth, it does it on downshifts too. It usually doesn't do it for the first 1-4 shifts after a cold start. I'm going to try to get another n55 flashed this week or next to see if it exhibits the same behavior so we can isolate whether it's just my car or all n55s.

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    For what it's worth, it does it on downshifts too. It usually doesn't do it for the first 1-4 shifts after a cold start. I'm going to try to get another n55 flashed this week or next to see if it exhibits the same behavior so we can isolate whether it's just my car or all n55s.
    The DME cuts timing on both upshifts and downshifts. But I'm not a coder or anything, just an observation from the video.

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    For those interested the trans flash worked great on the runway. No 4-5 shifting issues. Hope the trend continues @ ShiftSector. Some good vids posted on n54tech.
    Just saw the video...Damn your car was haulin some ass...Good god.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #781
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With your boost & timing you should be making 440rw+ on a dynojet, and @ 3550# factory race weight (+250? for driver), you should be able to run 120-121mph. Bad traction will kill you and bad air doesn't help. Definitely upgrade the tires. Consider going lighter rims all around with non-runflat tires. They will make a big difference during the rolling runs too. A good set of tires/rims could be worth a car or two @ 150mph. If I recall correctly you are a bit ghetto fabulous as I am. K1s all around are inexpensive, light, and IMHO look good enough. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Terry. I'll look into them. I need to do something.

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Just saw the video...Damn your car was haulin some ass...Good god.
    Thanks! Wait until you see the M3 runs. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967
    Ummm Sikh335 was. Terry jumped on me twice at Shift S3ctor. Second time was so bad I should have just stopped my car because it was by bus lengths. I'm not saying I would have won, but this is common for him to do such a thing and this just goes to show somethings don't change. So you my friend need to Click here to enlarge
    Hey, don't blame me you can't get your sled up to 50mph by the cones. Click here to enlarge Our first race at the start I let off the gas and you passed me by. The second race I was up to 50 right at the cones and decided not to pay attention to what you were doing. I mainly just wanted to test a 4->5 shift on that one. We'll rematch in April.

    On that run with Dave it was our first run of the day and he didn't get up to speed. I was sitting at 40mph for awhile. The rest of my runs had very clean starts as everyone got the hang of it. If you want to see people jumping on purpose checkout some of the C63 videos from yesterday.

    PS. Trans flash FTW. I owe you both a few drinks. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-04-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! Wait until you see the M3 runs. Click here to enlarge



    Hey, don't blame me you can't get your sled up to 50mph by the cones. Click here to enlarge Our first race at the start I let off the gas and you passed me by. The second race I was up to 50 right at the cones and didn't bother to pay attention to what you were doing. I mainly just wanted to test a 4->5 shift on that one. We'll rematch in April.

    On that run with Dave it was our first run of the day and he didn't get up to speed. I was sitting at 40mph for awhile. The rest of my runs had very clean starts as everyone got the hang of it. If you want to see people jumping on purpose checkout some of the C63 videos from yesterday.
    Haha, hold the presses. Yes, the first race I was on it trying to catch up on the outside and that's why I blew past you on the start. But, you knew the outside turn took much longer and you bolted for the inside corner on the start of the second race and was on it before I was half way through the turn. All I'm saying is you should have held back going into the inside corner and let me get into the lane so we could have both hit the cone at the same time. If I remember correctly, I lost traction going around the turn trying to catch up with you as I noticed you weren't wait around to line up for the start. Video's worth a thousand words my friend... But that's all water under the bridge. Next time I'll take the inside lane... haha Click here to enlarge See you in a few weeks Terry.

    BTW, glad to hear the flash fixed the shifting issues. It truly is a big step for the AT cars and hopefully will get us well into the 10's as we push the limits with ST and TT upgrades.

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    6.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This flash looks awesome...a huge THANKS to the guys that figured this out!

  10. #785
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    6.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Are there any coders in the Boston area successfully flashing the Alpina software?

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Because 'll give them myself.

    Here, +10. Strange nobody repped you yet...
    I was going to rep you when I flashed, combined with Paypal, but here's a downpayment on rep Click here to enlarge
    Cable is on it's way from Hong Kong. Problem for me is my old XP laptop Click here to enlarge
    Please let me know when you successfully flashed your car.

    If you can do it, I'll pay you fuel + Pizza + beers to meet some day at my shop in Geel (Belgium) to flash my car right after a newer tranny was put in.

    Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  12. #787
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Damn Onestopelectronics must be making a ton of money on these cables. I wonder if they have any idea what's going on with the increase demand for this cable! Lol
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #788
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    472.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Damn Onestopelectronics must be making a ton of money on these cables. I wonder if they have any idea what's going on with the increase demand for this cable! Lol

    HAHA...i was thinking the same ting when I ordered mine. Im surprised they haven't sold out yet.

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    11.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guys any luck with the $25 ebay cables?

  15. #790
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,789.3
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Please let me know when you successfully flashed your car.

    If you can do it, I'll pay you fuel + Pizza + beers to meet some day at my shop in Geel (Belgium) to flash my car right after a newer tranny was put in.

    Click here to enlarge
    Will do!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  16. #791
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SalemChiro Click here to enlarge
    Are there any coders in the Boston area successfully flashing the Alpina software?
    @BrenM3

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seroga1986 Click here to enlarge
    Guys any luck with the $25 ebay cables?
    Read the FIRST post of this thread, you'll find your answer
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, hold the presses. Yes, the first race I was on it trying to catch up on the outside and that's why I blew past you on the start. But, you knew the outside turn took much longer and you bolted for the inside corner on the start of the second race and was on it before I was half way through the turn. All I'm saying is you should have held back going into the inside corner and let me get into the lane so we could have both hit the cone at the same time. If I remember correctly, I lost traction going around the turn trying to catch up with you as I noticed you weren't wait around to line up for the start. Video's worth a thousand words my friend... But that's all water under the bridge. Next time I'll take the inside lane... haha Click here to enlarge See you in a few weeks Terry.

    BTW, glad to hear the flash fixed the shifting issues. It truly is a big step for the AT cars and hopefully will get us well into the 10's as we push the limits with ST and TT upgrades.
    That was a different setup with the turning, etc, before the run so we'll do better this time. Like I've said before I don't video the runs and don't really care much whether I win or lose. To me real racing happens at a dragstrip where you having starting lights and get a slip. Although in a way loosing on the runway is kinda fun because it motivates me to change things up on the car. Maybe if you beat me or sikh it will be good motivation to upgrade to larger turbos. Click here to enlarge The only reason I said anything about our runs last time was because Shiv was talking up a $#@! storm about them.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #793
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    6.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @benzy89: Thanks, hopefully Bren will be able to do this for me.

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    lol...Just got word that Onestopelectronics are backordered on the cables and they wont be in stock for couple of weeks! lol Alpina B3 flash sold out their inventory..LMAO
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #795
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    lol...Just got word that Onestopelectronics are backordered on the cables and they wont be in stock for couple of weeks! lol Alpina B3 flash sold out their inventory..LMAO
    i ordered mine from the UK, exactly the same cable. already shipped
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    That was a different setup with the turning, etc, before the run so we'll do better this time. Like I've said before I don't video the runs and don't really care much whether I win or lose. To me real racing happens at a dragstrip where you having starting lights and get a slip. Although in a way loosing on the runway is kinda fun because it motivates me to change things up on the car. Maybe if you beat me or sikh it will be good motivation to upgrade to larger turbos. Click here to enlarge The only reason I said anything about our runs last time was because Shiv was talking up a $#@! storm about them.
    haha, yeah... The only way I'll win is if you code out or something breaks which I don't wish on anyone. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sikh's car runs this time around. I was looking at picking up a 58mm kit, but just don't have the $ to spend at this point in time. So out comes the seats and I'll see if I can pick up a second on the tail end. Maybe I should draft your car. LOL

  22. #797
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    lol...Just got word that Onestopelectronics are backordered on the cables and they wont be in stock for couple of weeks! lol Alpina B3 flash sold out their inventory..LMAO
    What did I tell you. LOL Some guy China was like "WTF" when his Internet orders shot up 1000x.

  23. #798
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Damn Onestopelectronics must be making a ton of money on these cables. I wonder if they have any idea what's going on with the increase demand for this cable! Lol
    I don't have my box, but I think the reason they are $99 is because the cable is $35 and shipping is $64. But after all the eBay stories regarding $hit cables, I didn't want to take a chance when I ordered mine last year.

  24. #799
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    FWIW loaded the flash on our 2012 N55 E90, and it exhibits the same tach drop to 0 when shifting manually. Did not bother to recode the paddles yet. But shifts seem firmer. Maybe I can program the JB4 to spoof the tach during shifts if no other solution comes along.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  25. #800
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    FWIW loaded the flash on our 2012 N55 E90, and it exhibits the same tach drop to 0 when shifting manually. Did not bother to recode the paddles yet. But shifts seem firmer. Maybe I can program the JB4 to spoof the tach during shifts if no other solution comes along.
    Mat this point I guess it would be the best thing to try. So it's proven everything seems to work normally except the damn tach. Waiting on your solution Terry
    Click here to enlarge

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •