Close

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Then I might be wrong. I avoid letting the RPMs pass 6,500 RPMs so I can't personally confirm
    My be some one could go for a ripp that has this and let us know how it turns out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    My be some one could go for a ripp that has this and let us know how it turns out?
    I am pretty sure it will shift even with the alpine. To make it bounce normally you keep the peddle pushed after the shift and keep it pressed till it bounces
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    All set up...making the jump tonight Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    @Josh@Cobb can you disable this code in the TCM module or are you guys limited to the engine module only?
    At this point we only flash the DME side... we'll see what I can do to make TCM stuff happen.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    At this point we only flash the DME side... we'll see what I can do to make TCM stuff happen.

This will be great news for the people locked out of this "Hacked" version! Lol. Good that your on it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Damn I gotta stop clicking on this thread, it's killing me Click here to enlarge

I have to figure out how to get a tranny swap done. My shop can't do the coding, which seems to be required after the new transmission is in the car. Or will it run in some safe mode so it can be taken to the dealership for coding to the new VIN?

I cannot miss out on this!!!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Damn I gotta stop clicking on this thread, it's killing me Click here to enlarge

I have to figure out how to get a tranny swap done. My shop can't do the coding, which seems to be required after the new transmission is in the car. Or will it run in some safe mode so it can be taken to the dealership for coding to the new VIN?

just do the coding yourself with winkfp!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alipna b3 flash

Hello do you have anyone in south florida that can do the flash for me..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I would assume to do this coding if I had to, I would get the assembly line number from the new TCU unit and then re flash it again with WinKFP using the same assembly line TCU but this time with your vin programmed and flashed into it. Then you basically goto NCSexpert and change the VO for the old transmission module and enter the new VO of the new. FA_write it to Cas and FRM module. Then code the EGS module to default based on the VO and you should be done. This should be all the coding needed. You just need to do some research on the VO number needed to use for updated tranny.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dusky33 Click here to enlarge
    Follow the downloads that are posted throughout this site. Order a cable or find someone with a cable that will let you use it. Then contact cn555ic or myself. We can do the flash for you remotely. I personally don't trust anyone else who hasn't already successfully flashed other cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

$205A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION is for auto transmission. I would think you already have that in your VO. So re flashing the transmission module with the assembly line of the new unit with your vin numbers should be all the coding you would need if your doing a transmission upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    $205A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION is for auto transmission. I would think you already have that in your VO. So re flashing the transmission module with the assembly line of the new unit with your vin numbers should be all the coding you would need if your doing a transmission upgrade.
    $#@!, where was this info when @LostMarine had his level10 built transmission for sale lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    $#@!, where was this info when @LostMarine had his level10 built transmission for sale lol.

We didnt know how to use Winkfp at that moment!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dusky33 Click here to enlarge
    I found a person, but he wants to charge $100 for it. I'm sorry, but I would rather donate that kind of money to wedge1967 and cn555ic for their contribution with this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I found a person, but he wants to charge $100 for it. I'm sorry, but I would rather donate that kind of money to wedge1967 and cn555ic for their contribution with this.
    haha Is that person in Miami Click here to enlarge

I agree, If someone in SFl gets this working, let me know, Ill donate some money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I would assume to do this coding if I had to, I would get the assembly line number from the new TCU unit and then re flash it again with WinKFP using the same assembly line TCU but this time with your vin programmed and flashed into it. Then you basically goto NCSexpert and change the VO for the old transmission module and enter the new VO of the new. FA_write it to Cas and FRM module. Then code the EGS module to default based on the VO and you should be done. This should be all the coding needed. You just need to do some research on the VO number needed to use for updated tranny.
    Erm, as a coding novice I'm a slight little bit lost there lol

I think I could follow the basic DIY to code the Alpina flash but this is way over my head. Would be great to find someone close to help.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Erm, as a coding novice I'm a slight little bit lost there lol

I think I could follow the basic DIY to code the Alpina flash but this is way over my head. Would be great to find someone close to help.
    bmw should be able to code everything. cant you take the trans to them and get it installed? probably more expensive to do this there but they more advanced software to code .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    bmw should be able to code everything. cant you take the trans to them and get it installed? probably more expensive to do this there but they more advanced software to code .
    Tellijg him to goto the dealer to get it installed and coded there is basically telling OP to give the dealer his arm, two legs and a couple of fingers! They will rape him with KY jelly.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Will it still up shift automatically in manual mode when you hit the rev limiter or will it just keep bouncing of the limiter until you shift?
    auto

In DS it should automatically shift up at 6,800 RPMs , in Manual Drive it'll require you to shift --
    no.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    So does it bounce at redline?
    no.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Then I might be wrong. I avoid letting the RPMs pass 6,500 RPMs so I can't personally confirm
    why? car gonna explode?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    awesome costs.. finding a cheap coder is like buying gas station sushi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    why? car gonna explode?
    On stock turbos, the optimal shifting point is 6200 RPMs... Anything after that you're just making noise -- The boost has to be tapered down & there isn't a lot of power there (it's not like the M3 where you can keep making power as you drive it into the redline). The heart of the N54 powerband is from 3k RPMs to 6k, with peak boost from 3.5k to 5.5k

Obviously the power band is going to change when you swap turbos -- RB, Vargas Stage 1-3, Different Sized Single Turbos, etc
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flashed an 08 today and only received the number of flashes left once. Same as when I did my 09. The part number was already 7591971 before I started and the zb number was different than needed. After the single flash, the zb number is the Alpina number. I also check the tranny for codes before and after. Before I did not have any codes and after had the 511b code that does return after being cleared as expected.
    Second successful flash in Jacksonville FL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

On stock turbos, the optimal shifting point is 6200 RPMs... Anything after that you're just making noise -- The boost has to be tapered down & there isn't a lot of power there (it's not like the M3 where you can keep making power as you drive it into the redline). The heart of the N54 powerband is from 3k RPMs to 6k, with peak boost from 3.5k to 5.5k

Obviously the power band is going to change when you swap turbos -- RB, Vargas Stage 1-3, Different Sized Single Turbos, etc
    depends on the gear. The 2-3 you can redline, 3-4 6200 is good, 4-5 you want to shift around 6000, 5-6 you want to shift around 5700. This on a 6AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    why? car gonna explode?
    it go teh boom

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast