Close

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Code or no code I am out of warranty so based upon who S mode and M mode feels, I would never go back to the way the car felt before and flash back to the Oem stuff. Just not anything to how it is now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amen brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You guys are stabbing me in the chest! Stop it, it's killing me! There's 5 series blood all over the floor already. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocean Click here to enlarge
    You guys are stabbing me in the chest! Stop it, it's killing me! There's 5 series blood all over the floor already. Click here to enlarge
    Find someone with an alpina B5 and have them get in contact with you and if they can get the assembly line and hardware then it would be a start to see what can be done...But using Alpina B3 found in a E89 chassis is not the way to go and work, as we saw from the OP that tried to flash his 535xi
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    If that's the case maybe this is isolated to msd80 then. All the MSD80 cars have this code. You are Msd81
    MSD81 no codes here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    If you check inpa and the hardware part number and assembly lines match then you should be good..
    OK, I finally got home and was able to attempt checking things out. For some reason I am getting a module not found on my transmission so I can not see the part number... IMPA has always worked fine for me in the past and I can see all modules except the trans. Never checked it before so I am guessing this issue was there b4 the flash.

Anyways, here is the information that I was able to pull.

My ZB number matches your earlier post.
    Click here to enlarge

Alpina flash ID is present
    Click here to enlarge

Code 511B is present
    Click here to enlarge

Questions:
    1 - Do you think my flash is ok?
    2 - Any ideas what I can do to get into my Trans via IMPA?
    3 - Couple of additional codes that I do not think are related to this... Any ideas?
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks,

PS. CN555 - Paypal sent! Thank you for all of the efforts and support.
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    OK, I finally got home and was able to attempt checking things out. For some reason I am getting a module not found on my transmission so I can not see the part number... IMPA has always worked fine for me in the past and I can see all modules except the trans. Never checked it before so I am guessing this issue was there b4 the flash.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...a3b2385b-1.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...669c8ede-1.jpg

Code 511B is present
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...dabef36c-1.jpg

Questions:
    3 - Couple of additional codes that I do not think are related to this... Any ideas?
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...4943ed08-1.jpg

Thanks,

FZD codes are you sun roof and you need to hold the vent button for 2 mins on the sunroof to get it to reset. (Information provided by my SA today after having the same code)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't finished reading the thread, realize that this is for AT cars, especially since I don't think Alpina has a DCT B3, but I was curious if there is something out there for DCT N54 cars like this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Good new B&Gs... The 511B is a know erroneous fault caused by an error in a diagnostic software. SI B 24 11 06 Click here to enlarge Below is the SB.

So, for those under warranty, if you think your dealership is smart enough to know you are running the Alpina code, don't flash. (just kidding) It stays in you flash history, but very unlikely anyone would ever notice because it just looks like a normal flash. My car already has three different assembly numbers applied to the EGS. Two from the dealership and one from me Click here to enlarge. I actually flashed back to OEM today to see if the code goes away and ended up pulling off to the side of the road and flashing it back because the OEM code sucks so bad I couldn't stand it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Good new B&Gs... The 511B is a know erroneous fault caused by an error in a diagnostic software. SI B 24 11 06 Click here to enlarge Below is the SB.

So, for those under warranty, if you think your dealership is smart enough to know you are running the Alpina code, don't flash. (just kidding) It stays in you flash history, but very unlikely anyone would ever notice because it just looks like a normal flash. My car already has three different assembly numbers applied to the EGS. Two from the dealership and one from me Click here to enlarge. I actually flashed back to OEM today to see if the code goes away and ended up pulling off to the side of the road and flashing it back because the OEM code sucks so bad I couldn't stand it.

Click here to enlarge
    Sweet! That was easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO....That is good news boys!!! Go get them flashes! Wonderful news.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Sweet! That was easy.
    Haha, nothing has been easy about this whole thing. But it is good news. @Cn555ic and I have been going round and round trying to find a solution. But now that it's a diagnostic coding issue with BMW firmware I can sleep again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...a3b2385b-1.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...669c8ede-1.jpg

Code 511B is present
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...dabef36c-1.jpg

Questions:
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...4943ed08-1.jpg

Thanks,

Looks good from those pics and it looks as though the 511B is nothing to worry about!!!!!

BTW thanks for the support!Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha, nothing has been easy about this whole thing. But it is good news. @Cn555ic and I have been going round and round trying to find a solution. But now that it's a diagnostic coding issue with BMW firmware I can sleep again.
    Amen to that! You like me we had to know what the hell it meant! Rep'd for that son!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To all BB members enjoying this flash...
    Dont forget to hook up @Cn555ic and @Wedge1967 with a little something for all their hard work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky Can you please update the first page with this

DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash:

************************************************** **********************************
    WARNING...If you dont know what your doing, dont be brave and blindly go into this advanced flashing of software into the TCU module.. If you mess up you can easily brick your tranny module and you will find yourself towing the car to the dealer and looking like a fool. If your not too confident in doing this, either pay someone or just do without it.....WinKFP is a very dangerous tool but yet its awesome and in terms of coding its pretty advanced.. Proceed after reading this warning if you choose to do so...

************************************************** **********************************

This Alpina TCU flash works for model years 3/07 till present. If your production date is before 3/07, your out of luck and cant flash your car! Before you attempt this you should have some knowledge in coding and setting software. You need to confirm INPA software is working and communicating with car. If you dont have INPA communicating, dont move beyond this point and go back and do some more research on getting it to work.. There are plenty of DIY guides for setting up INPA, Ediabas, NCSexpert and WinKFP.

You can purchase a proven cable that works...Please dont ask will this one work as it is cheaper if so...Buy one that is proven!
    http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

ONE NOTE::: Please no PMs on how to set it up. You have to do some work yourself..

Once you have configured your laptop properly, you need to download Spdaten 48.1 the full version for E89 chassis. Dont download the lite versions as it doesnt have the necessary files needed for flashing modules. There are torrent links around...Look for them! The E89 Spdaten needs to be imported to WinKFP. There are PDFs showing how to get this done, do a search! Once it correctly imported, then you may start the flash using Winkpf.
    First you have to run the Winkfp and configure it to work correctly...Here is the picture of what needs to be done in the configurations..

Click here to enlarge

Once your done with that part:

Here we go:

-Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger

-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)

-connect cable to obd connector of car

-Load Winkpf software

-Press (F1) comfort mode

-Press (F3) Update ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215

-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835

-Click ok

-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 and it will automatically reference the magical Alpina B3 TCU flash software 7591971

-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)

-click ok

-Press DONE (F8)

-Press (F3) Program

-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok

-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%

-once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok

-Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%

-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
    have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

-If everything works and the car starts without errors and its confirmed the gears are able to go into gear, then shut off car

-Open INPA software and clear out the DME codes for N54 engine, and also from the transmission module itself....

*****For some there will be a code 511B which will not clear as its a reoccurring fault code thats triggered by a faulty diagnostic test...Thanks to @Wedge1967 for digging up the SIB bulletin on this, thats major news that BMW is aware of it and its nothing of concern for those still on warranty! Great news.. Here is the SIB

Click here to enlarge

I have worked long and hard to get this Alpina B3 flash to where it is now so everyone can enjoy this without any glitches. If you feel that my DIY on Winkfp for flashing Alpina B3 flash and the other to get the paddle shifter working, helped in anyway, and you would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, I would be grateful and appreciate it..If not thats cool too.

My paypal addy is
    ccnoner@aol.com

Enjoy the flash!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Done

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karura Click here to enlarge
    I haven't finished reading the thread, realize that this is for AT cars, especially since I don't think Alpina has a DCT B3, but I was curious if there is something out there for DCT N54 cars like this?
    Nothing from any "mainstream" vendors, but if you're desperate for a DCT software upgrade ESS sells one for the M3 (no guarantees on how well it works or what it actually changes) and G-Power might also have something available. Chances are it'll have a ridic price tag tho
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Nothing from any "mainstream" vendors, but if you're desperate for a DCT software upgrade ESS sells one for the M3 (no guarantees on how well it works or what it actually changes) and G-Power might also have something available. Chances are it'll have a ridic price tag tho
    Yeah more like raped...Dinan sold a flash for the tranny I believe on the E46 platform which cost I think around 699 or some ridiculous price!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So based on @Wedge1967 great find on the SIB bulletin it does look like the fix was on the newer MSD81 DME which it looks like they addressed that issue! lol So I was actually on the right track! lol With this bulletin its confirmedClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    To all BB members enjoying this flash...
    Dont forget to hook up @Cn555ic and @Wedge1967 with a little something for all their hard work!
    Much appreciated. It's never been about the money, but if you want to send me a $ I won't say no... Click here to enlarge

My PayPal Addy is AtkinsonKen@hotmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So this code is present on MSD80 but not MSD81? Just trying to confirm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So this code is present on MSD80 but not MSD81? Just trying to confirm.
    It looks like it as people with newer builds reporting not having this error 511B. Based on the bulletin it said it would be taken cared of on future diagnostics which I would believe the MSD81 is the answer.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome work, guys! I'm definitely going to get this flash done now. Just a matter of time to set it all up and figure it all out on my end.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Engine Electrical System 12 27 06 November-06 E60/N62 DME Fault Codes 278B and 278D
    Engine Electrical System 12 28 06 October-06 E60 DME Fault Code 27CD
    Engine Electrical System 12 29 06 November-06 E60/M54 DME Fault Codes 2896, 2877, 2766
    Engine Electrical System 12 33 06 October-06 E60/E63 Various Complaints Caused by Defective Oil Level Sensor - Diagnostic Hints
    Engine Electrical System 12 34 06 October-06 E60/M54 E60, M54 - Various Oxygen Sensor FC's Caused by Defective Transmission Harness
    Engine Electrical System 12 38 06 October-06 E90 MSV70 - DME, FC 29DA Segment Adaptation
    Engine Electrical System 12 40 06 October-06 E60 MS45.1 Various O2 Sensor Faults Stored in DME
    Engine Electrical System 12 42 06 November-06 E60 E60, MS45.1 DME FC 28A2 and FC 2783
    Engine Electrical System 12 43 06 October-06 E60/E63 N62 DME ME9.2.1 Engine Difficult to Restart at Operating Temperatures
    Engine Electrical System 12 46 06 November-06 E90/E92 w N54 N54 Slight Bucking is Felt During Acceleration With a Cold Engine
    Engine Electrical System 12 47 06 November-06 E60/E63 Break Out Box Overlay Identification
    Engine Electrical System 12 49 06 April-07 E60/M54 DME MS45 - FC28B2, 28AA, 28AC; Internal RAM Faults (Rpl 11/06)
    Engine Electrical System 12 50 06 November-06 E60/E63/E90 OBD II Fault Codes List in TIS
    ]Engine Electrical System 12 51 06 December-06 E92 MSD80 N54 Engine Diagnostic Test Plans Inoperative----------------------------------------------------> look at this one
    Engine Electrical System 12 54 06 December-06 E90/92 N54 CBS4 Oil Service Indicates 25,000 Miles
    Engine Electrical System 12 55 06 January-07 E90/92 E90, E92 with N54 - Diagnosis for DME FC 29DC/2FBF (Replaces 12/06)
    Engine Electrical System 12 58 06 January-07 E90 Service Action: Replace the Alternator
    Engine Electrical System 12 05 07 February-07 E60/E90 Erroneous Low Oil Level Warning Message While Driving
    Engine Electrical System 12 06 07 March-07 E60/E90 Voluntary Emissions Recall 06E-A01: N52/M54/M56 - Reprogramming Vehicle (DME) for OBD Diagno

Engine Electrical System 12 51 06 December-06 E92 MSD80 N54 Engine Diagnostic Test Plans Inoperative......This line proves its isolated to MSD80! Guess Wedge1967 and this proves it safe to run it whether its MSD80 or MDS81....MSD81 has the issue addressed! Lucky SOBs LOL Good to know though as now we have all the answers to peoples inquiries..

Here is the full list of SIB bulletins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-27-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast