Close

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Details

I was able to pull some DME info on various O/S software and transmission. Wonder how this compares to 3-series that have been successful in reflashing w Alpina. This is from my 08 535i RWD SAT.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    No errors in dme stored but when u do the initial flash there is errors but once you erase those, they do no reappear or ses lights but it is quite puzzling why flashing back to stock this code 511B persists. Anyone??? I have no answersClick here to enlarge.
    Call up Alpina, say your name is Tomaz, and you want to know wtf this code is.

edit: better yet, say your name is Shiv.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you're out of warranty who cares about the code (im in warranty for another 2.5 years)

The coding error code was also present back when Cobb first came out too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mIn DS well S mode after flash its creaking awesome beyond awesome. I for one love it beyond belief
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    3->4 shift is pretty sweet with the BMS flash and this trans flash. Would love to see some JB4 logs (on factory flash) from someone who was flatlining before and isn't now. Because from what I've seen there is no timing behavior change. Yet, dzenno says he has seen a dramatic improvement. Ben when does your car get back again? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    If you're out of warranty who cares about the code (im in warranty for another 2.5 years)

Well What did Cobb say about it?? So this code is on cars without flashes of the tranny??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well What did Cobb say about it?? So this code is on cars without flashes of the tranny??
    Yeah in the engine module. They fixed it shortly thereafter but not sure how

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    3->4 shift is pretty sweet with the BMS flash and this trans flash. Would love to see some JB4 logs (on factory flash) from someone who was flatlining before and isn't now. Because from what I've seen there is no timing behavior change. Yet, dzenno says he has seen a dramatic improvement. Ben when does your car get back again? Click here to enlarge
    Are u getting full advance now post shift?

I suppose I can try the factory flash with the new tranny software.

I think what dzenno was referring to was the 4-5 shift where timing on all cylinders goes to 0 with no corrections cobb only. This happens when the set point is exceeded and the ecu cuts timing. This isn't an issue with JB4 stack because the DME is fed load that is always slightly lower than the set point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I completed the flash on my 11/09 an Sunday and had a problem getting the paddles to work. I sorted that out Monday. When I did the flash, I only got the flashes left prompt once and I understand some think this is not a complete flash. However, I just verified today I do not have the 511b code stored in the tcu. I did Monday before I cleared it. I also compared my screenshots with cn555ic's a couple pages back and they are identical except for the vin, hardware number. Mine is 15 where his is 10, and production date. Everything else is the same. I've got another one to do tomorrow. I'll compare that to mine and also configure the setup screen as cn555ic has to see what differences there are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are u getting full advance now post shift?

I suppose I can try the factory flash with the new tranny software.
    It made no change on my end. Normally 7 degrees post shift. Every now and again I get 10 degrees randomly but it's not repeatable. Since the trans flash I've only seen 7 degrees. I have not tried it without the BMS flash in place though.

On your car you can just load "Stage0" and then the normal JB4 map you use. Chuck's car would be the ultimate test for it.

On Cobb only do the "custom tuned" maps still exhibit the automatic trans timing flatline? e.g. dropping negative or low post shift for a few hundred RPM after the shift?
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-26-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I don't see specific mention of this code in relation to Cobb. Only seen mention of it on a Dinan fash awhile ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    I don't see specific mention of this code in relation to Cobb. Only seen mention of it on a Dinan fash awhile ago.
    Dig into that cluster$#@! of the cobb general discussion thread from 2011 on e90 and there is mention of it. Was quickly resolved though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It made no change on my end. Normally 7 degrees post shift. Every now and again I get 10 degrees randomly but it's not repeatable. Since the trans flash I've only seen 7 degrees. I have not tried it without the BMS flash in place though.

On your car you can just load "Stage0" and then the normal JB4 map you use. Chuck's car would be the ultimate test for it.

On Cobb only do the "custom tuned" maps still exhibit the automatic trans timing flatline? e.g. dropping negative or low post shift for a few hundred RPM after the shift?
    Does it on OTS and ATR/ATP maps alike.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    I completed the flash on my 11/09 an Sunday and had a problem getting the paddles to work. I sorted that out Monday. When I did the flash, I only got the flashes left prompt once and I understand some think this is not a complete flash. However, I just verified today I do not have the 511b code stored in the tcu. I did Monday before I cleared it. I also compared my screenshots with cn555ic's a couple pages back and they are identical except for the vin, hardware number. Mine is 15 where his is 10, and production date. Everything else is the same. I've got another one to do tomorrow. I'll compare that to mine and also configure the setup screen as cn555ic has to see what differences there are.

Are u sure your checking the correct place. You need to actually go into the transmission module and then rear the codes. This code won't show up with a regular dme code read
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did some searching and found SIB# (SI B24 11 06) from October-06 for E92; N54 with 6HP19 - Diagnosis for EGS FC 511B

I called a buddy at the dealership to see if he can pull up something, so hopefully he can find the EGS Fault Code 511B information to put this to rest. He also said if it's not showing up on my dash not to worry about it.

Hey @enrita do you think you can find someone with a B5 that will let you get the transmission assembly number? I have a 535xi that would like to upgarde trans code, but without knowing it's pointless to try on the e60.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, load inpa. To into transmission, select gs19. Read codes. No code found. I'll take some screen shots when I get home in the morning. Won't be until 3-4am.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If we could also get the 535i Transmission assembly number I dont think there is anyone that has actually been able to officially say they have done a 535i upgrade yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far only one confirmed report of a botched attempt. 2010 535 Xi down for the count. Not sure if B5 software would work, but hope Enrita brings good news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    Yep, load inpa. To into transmission, select gs19. Read codes. No code found. I'll take some screen shots when I get home in the morning. Won't be until 3-4am.
    If that's the case maybe this is isolated to msd80 then. All the MSD80 cars have this code. You are Msd81
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's the case maybe this is isolated to msd80 then. All the MSD80 cars have this code. You are Msd81
    Very well could be. I'll have some more data tomorrow morning when I flash a friend's car. I think his is an 08.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't @benzy89 MSD81? maybe he can check.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't benzy89 MSD81? maybe he can check.
    I can check, who wants to tell me where I need to look? lol
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I can check, who wants to tell me where I need to look? lol
    Pull codes from the TCM module in INPA. We can google translate. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Load inpa, select chassis, select transmission, select gs19, then select read error memory. Should list any stored codes. This is all by memory and I don't do this a lot but should get you to the right place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pull codes from the TCM module in INPA. We can google translate. Click here to enlarge
    Don't have INPA -- I'll be getting some work done in the car within the next 2 weeks & could probably find out then, but I don't think any1 wants to wait that long
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast