Close

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would not attempt upgrading the dme software. That I will not even attempt!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got mine working last night! Click here to enlarge Managed to get it to reference 11gke215 and then a re-import of the GKE215 folder fixed the Unverbaut (undefined, as referenced to memory addressing) issue i was having when connected to the car.

Big difference in 'quick' flash and correct flash.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    I have no rep and can't PM you, but I have an '08 135i 6AT that I'd love to get this flash onto. Let me know when/where you plan on getting people together. Thanks a bunch!
    I sent you a pm, hopefully you have enough rep now to read it and reply.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You seem to have a better understanding what is going on so like to ask you two questions.

Do you have any error codes when you flashed (511B)? I suspect that the 511B error might be related to having the DME flashed with Cobb excreta which causes an unidentified coding in the DME.

Finding and configuring the correct software has proven to be a challenge given most on the info is only about 50% correct. None of the software upgrades, version 2.12, have a complete dataset (missing INPA scripts and NCS expert base file excreta). Can you tell me which software version worked for you starting with base software that you started with then upgraded to 2.12. Some clarity would be helpful rather than trial and error.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To have every thing work in unison we need the rest of the remaining modules flashed to alpina,how many items are involved,do we have the reference numbers for these available?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Orb Click here to enlarge
    You seem to have a better understanding what is going on so like to ask you two questions.Do you have any error codes when you flashed (511B)? I suspect that the 511B error might be related to having the DME flashed with Cobb excreta which causes an unidentified coding in the DME. Finding and configuring the correct software has proven to be a challenge given most on the info is only about 50% correct. None of the software upgrades, version 2.12, have a complete dataset (missing INPA scripts and NCS expert base file excreta). Can you tell me which software version worked for you starting with base software that you started with then upgraded to 2.12. Some clarity would be helpful rather than trial and error.Thanks
    No the error happens in piggyback tuned or even stock DME. This code is basically like I already stated Above. TCU is trying to communicate with DME of Alpina to give some type of readout to Alpina Dme. Since we don't have this Alpina dme it looks to be that this error happens. As for your other question I can't give you any specifics of where to download the software as I don't know myself. That u will have to find out yourself.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    To have every thing work in unison we need the rest of the remaining modules flashed to alpina,how many items are involved,do we have the reference numbers for these available?
    no we dont have those yet, if i get them i will post them.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if this is recommended as all the tunes are based on the standard ecu maps. If you flash the Dme with Alpina code, you'll probably need to get customs maps. Similar stuff like the 1M or 335is which have higher hp from the factory.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if this is recommended as all the tunes are based on the standard ecu maps. If you flash the Dme with Alpina code, you'll probably need to get customs maps. Similar stuff like the 1M or 335is which have higher hp from the factory.

When you flash the dme with alpina code just set up your cobb access port to read and down load this new unrecognized rom it has discovered and send this off to cobb as instructed by them on there web site and this will be added to the data base firmware and collection of roms and integrated into the cobb access port.......It will be interesting to see if we can get all the referance numbers for all related modules for this and in a short time there will only be Alpina-B3 driving around every where!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When you flash the dme with alpina code just set up your cobb access port to read and down load this new unrecognized rom it has discovered and send this off to cobb as instructed by them on there web site and this will be added to the data base firmware and collection of roms and integrated into the cobb access port.......It will be interesting to see if we can get all the referance numbers for all related modules for this and in a short time there will only be Alpina-B3 driving around every where!?
    lol...It looks and sounds great, but you seem to be a dreamer.. It ook us so far just to get this flash working, now we want it all!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A long shift time triggers an error code anything over 625 ms

• The average manual car driver: 500 ms
    • Alfa Romeo Dual Dry Clutch Transmission TCT: 80 ms
    • Aston Martin Vanquish: 250 ms
    • Audi TT Quattro 3.2 (Direct Shift): 200 ms
    • BMW M3 E36 with SMG I: 250 ms
    • BMW M3 E46 with SMG II: 80 ms
    • BMW M3 E92 with M-DCT: 80 ms
    • BMW M5 E60 with SMG III: 250 ms
    • Bugatti Veyron (Direct Shift): 8 ms
    • Enzo Ferrari: 150 ms
    • Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale & Ferrari F430: 150 ms
    • Ferrari 430 Scuderia & FXX Evoluzione: 60 ms
    • Ferrari 575M: 220 ms
    • Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms
    • Golf GTI Mk.V (DSG): 80 ms
    • Lexus LFA: 200 ms
    • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 100 ms (The SLS and the Ferrari California share the same DCT)
    • Nissan GT-R R35: 100 ms

Our BMW N54 2007-2010 Automatics are <200ms. How much faster will it get with the Alpina TCM flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    lol...It looks and sounds great, but you seem to be a dreamer.. It ook us so far just to get this flash working, now we want it all!
    This is not about what I or we want its about what would be in an ideal(dreaming) situation that would make this complete......just saying....if we at least had the dme to go with the tcu probably the rest of the components would play nicer together and I and the community thank you most graciously for your accomplishments thus far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve, can it be something related to the Progman software these different ECU are running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    A long shift time triggers an error code anything over 625 ms

• • The average manual car driver: 500 ms
    • • Alfa Romeo Dual Dry Clutch Transmission TCT: 80 ms
    • • Aston Martin Vanquish: 250 ms
    • • Audi TT Quattro 3.2 (Direct Shift): 200 ms
    • • BMW M3 E36 with SMG I: 250 ms
    • • BMW M3 E46 with SMG II: 80 ms
    • • BMW M3 E92 with M-DCT: 80 ms
    • • BMW M5 E60 with SMG III: 250 ms
    • • Bugatti Veyron (Direct Shift): 8 ms
    • • Enzo Ferrari: 150 ms
    • • Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale & Ferrari F430: 150 ms
    • • Ferrari 430 Scuderia & FXX Evoluzione: 60 ms
    • • Ferrari 575M: 220 ms
    • • Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms
    • • Golf GTI Mk.V (DSG): 80 ms
    • • Lexus LFA: 200 ms
    • • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 100 ms (The SLS and the Ferrari California share the same DCT)
    • • Nissan GT-R R35: 100 ms

Our BMW N54 2007-2010 Automatics are <200ms. How much faster will it get with the Alpina TCM flash?
    I don't think that's all that accurate of a list. Having owned both the DCT and SMGII, it's a night day difference in shift speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I completely agree but this will take alot to flash DMEs at home! The DME I think has only a couple of flashes allowed to the unit compared to the TCU module which has 63...Also flashing the DME takes much longer for sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i might have someone i know that will be able to read all alpina modules. so hang tight.
    Anyway the Alpina DME tune was conceived with a N54 engine with different hardware so i dont think i can be used anyway. Who knows how they tuned it with low compression.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And that is the exact reason I recommended against flashing the DME while talking with Steven.
    The hardware is different.
    Not so with the transmission, so I wouldn't advise anyone to go flash their DME with Alpina software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what the cobb guys would be good at, as in finding the parts of code in the dme that would be useful for our hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what the cobb guys would be good at, as in finding the parts of code in the dme that would be useful for our hardware.
    try to contact them and see
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think flashing DME via winkfp is somewhat common on the previous gen BMW. don't quote me on it but i believe it takes them 10-15 min.

then again, previous gen is previous gen. not sure what it would be like on our current models.

i do know flashing your CCC unit takes like 10 hours though
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wedge has tried to see what this 511B code that is reoccurring and there is not too much info on this code. He is going to try to find some info on this. He also tried to flash his car back to stock oem flash and drive around and then try to clear the code and it indeed popped up again. So at this point ladies and gentlemen I have no answers! We need to know what this code pertains to because now this code is there while back to stock default flash. This is quite puzzling now and I have no answers. Just this one code and nothing else. So a warning for those that care about codes for now DO NOT FLASH the Alpina flash unless your like me a rebel and don't care! But I will try to dig into this code and I am sure Wedge1967 is doing the same. It would be great if the community can also pry around to see what error code for TCU module 511B pertains to. Stock now also shows this error. So you guys have been warned about this now. If you do choose to go forward with this flash you will have this error code that won't erase and is reoccurring. We need to understand what it means and why it's there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as long as it does not create issues or lights on dash who cares ... yes i am a rebel
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    try to contact them and see
    I have and others as well, they are aware and watching but cant say anything definitive at this time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    Noticed this as well on the freeway drive to work. In D mode the transmission is shifting at very low RPM. It does not seem problematic but it certainly works its way up through the gears faster.
    So does mean better fuel economy as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No errors in dme stored but when u do the initial flash there is errors but once you erase those, they do no reappear or ses lights but it is quite puzzling why flashing back to stock this code 511B persists. Anyone??? I have no answersClick here to enlarge.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast