Close

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kylu II Click here to enlarge
    Awesome Steve! I've tried setting up the Winkpf but keep getting some errors. My production date sways 03/07 but I'm not sure if my valvetronics are compatible?? Wil try again when I have some more free time....
    If your car is 3/07 your golden my friend...You will thank me again once you have it loaded onto your car! Night and day my friend.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome find.

Does this increase strength of the trans or makes it quicker?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    If your car is 3/07 your golden my friend...You will thank me again once you have it loaded onto your car! Night and day my friend.
    I hope I'm able to. Trans acts weird on WOT, it even downshifted from 2>1 and rev reached like 8.5k Click here to enlarge
    I have a cheap serial cable but inpa connects fine and I was able to code couple of things with it...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also is there anyone in the Chicago area that can do this or is passing through

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So as this has come a long ways since when I first asked the questions I just want to confirm. Will this work on the E60 5 series or do we have a difference trans?

Please be good news haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Suii Click here to enlarge
    So as this has come a long ways since when I first asked the questions I just want to confirm. Will this work on the E60 5 series or do we have a difference trans?

Please be good news haha.
    Why don't you see if your car uses the same tranny and dme. Do a little research. If it does there the same Alpina file I saw in the E60 chassis In the spdaten 48.1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I "hear" with the trans flash the trans shifts much faster, similar to the automatic in the F30s. No change with post shift timing though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are there any other alpina b3 goodies to program :? How did you find this info?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I "hear" with the trans flash the trans shifts much faster, similar to the automatic in the F30s. No change with post shift timing though.
    If you were to guess, would there be any issues running the JB4 G5 ISO + BMS Flash + Alpina Trans flash?
    Might try flashing my car in the next few days. This will give you some data that you might be able to share! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    If you were to guess, would there be any issues running the JB4 G5 ISO + BMS Flash + Alpina Trans flash?
    Might try flashing my car in the next few days. This will give you some data that you might be able to share! Click here to enlarge
    I "hear" it's working great. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why don't you see if your car uses the same tranny and dme. Do a little research. If it does there the same Alpina file I saw in the E60 chassis In the spdaten 48.1

So far i have found this page http://www.zf.com/na/content/media/u...ion_Chart_.pdf that shows that the e60 535i build date after 07 has the 6HP21 6 speed transmission. Finding the DME info seems to be a bit more difficult where can I find this on my car/internet to see.

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No change with post shift timing though.
    There's definitely a change with 5th gear timing. There will certainly be timing "corrections" which are inevitable on either JB4 or BMS Flash/JB4 stack or Cobb on its own BUT those are different from 5th gear flatline...the distinction between "post shift timing correction" and "full timing pull without any timing correction" is VERY important here

As mentioned earlier, I have WOT datalogs in 5th gear from @benzy89 's 6AT car showing negative timing before the Alpina flash and then showing full targeted timing without any issues after the Alpina TCU flash. However, so far these are only confirmed with in-gear pulls, not across multi gear shifts. This is the last thing to confirm before proclaiming it "fixed" entirely
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    There's definitely a change with 5th gear timing. There will certainly be timing "corrections" which are inevitable on either JB4 or BMS Flash/JB4 stack or Cobb on its own BUT those are different from 5th gear flatline...the distinction between "post shift timing correction" and "full timing pull without any timing correction" is VERY important here

As mentioned earlier, I have WOT datalogs in 5th gear from @benzy89 's 6AT car showing negative timing before the Alpina flash and then showing full targeted timing without any issues after the Alpina TCU flash. However, so far these are only confirmed with in-gear pulls, not across multi gear shifts. This is the last thing to confirm before proclaiming it "fixed" entirely
    Normally, negative timing in a single gear pull that does not have timing corrections is a simple torque limit. I don't think the trans flash is going to change your torque limits. But maybe something else was going on there.

I'm seeing the same behavior post shift timing with the trans flash as I was seeing prior to the trans flash. The only difference being the shift speed and transmission behaviors. Which IMHO makes sense. But with the JB4 and BMS flash I'm sure a lot of things are different compared to your flash only. Hopefully the trans flash addresses whatever timing issues you're having....
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Normally, negative timing in a single gear pull that does not have timing corrections is a simple torque limit. I don't think the trans flash is going to change your torque limits. But maybe something else was going on there.

I'm seeing the same behavior post shift timing with the trans flash as I was seeing prior to the trans flash. The only difference being the shift speed and transmission behaviors. Which IMHO makes sense. But with the JB4 and BMS flash I'm sure a lot of things are different compared to your flash only. Hopefully the trans flash addresses whatever timing issues you're having....
    As I posted in the other thread, I think the flat lining is a last line of defense protection mechanism that kicks in when the trans senses too much slip (excessive torque, faulty trans components, or a combination). If you trans is still sensing slip after the Alpina flash, it will still flat line. And yes I'm talking post shift, not during a shift.

Terry, is this on your 135? I know you were saying you saw slipping previously with that trans, maybe the clutches and steels are just worn and it is still slipping a bit even with the Alpina flash. If you are making more torque than most, that could cause your vehicle to be more susceptible to flat line to begin with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    As I posted in the other thread, I think the flat lining is a last line of defense protection mechanism that kicks in when the trans senses too much slip (excessive torque, faulty trans components, or a combination). If you trans is still sensing slip after the Alpina flash, it will still flat line. And yes I'm talking post shift, not during a shift.

Terry, is this on your 135? I know you were saying you saw slipping previously with that trans, maybe the clutches and steels are just worn and it is still slipping a bit even with the Alpina flash. If you are making more torque than most, that could cause your vehicle to be more susceptible to flat line to begin with.
    I have not run it at full boost in 2nd gear yet but I expect it will slip there as it has previously. I'm only talking about the 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 post shift timing recovery. Which has historically been a tuning related issue due IMHO to a torque limit on the DME side. But as I said we've changed a lot on the flash side to correct it while also increasing trans line pressure on the factory trans flash so any observations I might make won't be overly relevant to others with different tuning setups.

On the trans behavior, in my experience, when it slips it upshifts.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have not run it at full boost in 2nd gear yet but I expect it will slip there as it has previously. I'm only talking about the 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 post shift timing recovery. Which has historically been a tuning related issue due IMHO to a torque limit on the DME side. But as I said we've changed a lot on the flash side to correct it while also increasing trans line pressure on the factory trans flash so any observations I might make won't be overly relevant to others with different tuning setups.

On the trans behavior, in my experience, when it slips it upshifts.
    Let me ask you this: on the log you have where your trans is obviously slipping, is there a timing reduction?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    If I were a vendor I probably wouldn't even post about it. Very touchy subject. Didn't LTBMW get a nasty letter from BMW about using it I their name, these guys are no joke.
    +1 cant rep you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now you guys know why I didn't post any links to download anything because I have no idea how you guys are getting these softwares from...I am just posting if you had this software what can be done with it!Click here to enlarge
    You need to take this down, and make a video with a watermark.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let me ask you this: on the log you have where your trans is obviously slipping, is there a timing reduction?
    Here is a log for an example. This was a 2nd gear launch. What happens is the trans starts to slip, and the trans module initiates an upshift to 3rd. The trans module does not tell the DME its done shifting until the RPMs stabilize in 3rd. While it is in the process of shifting timing is negative.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a log for an example. This was a 2nd gear launch. What happens is the trans starts to slip, and the trans module initiates an upshift to 3rd. The trans module does not tell the DME its done shifting until the RPMs stabilize in 3rd. While it is in the process of shifting timing is negative.
    So is it slipping between 83 and 94 on the x axis where you see the hump in rpm? What are the units of the x axis?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So is it slipping between 83 and 94 on the x axis where you see the hump in rpm? What are the units of the x axis?
    Right. Note the 'gear' parameter. It ticks up as the request is made for a shift. And the request is normally completed within a few hundred MS. X axis is ths of a second.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With quicker shift in theory can eliminate this flatline. Lets hope it pans out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right. Note the 'gear' parameter. It ticks up as the request is made for a shift. And the request is normally completed within a few hundred MS. X axis is ths of a second.
    Yes, I see the indication of gear now. I do notice that timing is positive during the slip event, up to when the trans forces the shift. The change of gear to third is coincident with the drop of timing to negative values. Ignition advance looks to hit about 9 even during the slipping. Am I noticing that the DME is holding the throttle closed slightly during 2nd gear, while the trans slipping?

It is interesting how some claim to not be noticing the flat line of ignition advance post shift. This modification is really in its infancy still, once we see some more logs and get this on more cars we'll have a better understanding of how the Alpina EGS flash affects the ignition advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Let you know when we get a 6AT car to run the 4-5 shift test.

If the Alpina TCU flash fixes this issue it'll be nice to know that those that experience the flatline on 6ATs can do it with just a DME+TCU reflashes and that the DME will run/see actual loads and be able to base the rest of its runtime algorithms off of that information. In that case a piggyback such as the JB4 with a BMS Flash running lower than stock load targets wouldn't be necessary to work around the problem.

I'm betting on no flatline post 4-5 shift given other in-gear logs seen so far but we'll see. The way you're testing it with the JB4 plugged in you wouldn't have full visibility into what's actually going on with the timing (corrections across multiple cylinders vs. DME pulling requested timing). You also wouldn't be able to see/log the torque limit channels that indicate if there's a torque limit active condition happening or not and at which moment which is why I understand a bit of confusion on your end.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is great, I will let the forum know my findings. My car doesn't flatline at all (Cobb PROTuned by me but fortunately an I8A0S) but the shift speed will be a great addition with the cars increased power.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast