Close

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    Check out post 329 a page back. It's in the zip file.

thanks Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kylu II Click here to enlarge
    good new and bad news!
    the good,i was able to revert back to my previous programing.
    the bad, im still having the same issue.
    and im still getting the same codes, could it be a bad flash? im using a cheap cable from ebay but i dont get a error when the flash is done....
    no issues with the other gears, just in reverse.
    I had a call from two members I won't name, who were having an issue with flashing as the flash only took two minutes to complete from the time they clicked program and it only prompted once for x number of flashes left.

PLEASE NOTE: Your flash should take 4 min to complete from the time you hit program. When we said it would take 10 minutes we included all the prep time looking at all of the current coding so we would know how to flash it back if needed. It will go through three 0 to 100% cycles and should prompt you for X number of remaining flashes twice before it completes. When you hit program, you will get prompted you have x number of flashes remaining. Then the first 0 to 100 will hang at 0 for a bit and then jump to 100 quickly. The second 0 to 100 will take much longer. Then you should get prompted again you have x number of flashes and then another 0 to 100 which will be twice as fast as the last 0 to 100. You will then get programing complete.

So, if you only had two 0 to 100's and the second was quick and the entire process only took two minutes, you have issues with your software. When I looked at this, I noticed that EDIABAS was missing API.DLL and NCSExpert wouldn't load. If EDIABAS doesn't load correctly, it will not flash your firmware.

I fixed the applications and re-flashed his transmission and he said it too twice as long this time as it did last time. This tells me WinKFP skipped the Firmware flash and just loaded the programming. So you see D1 and S1, but you will have transmission ERRORS as the firmware must be updated for the Alpina programming to work.

Like we have told everyone before, if you don't have all the right software or knowledge to setup the software correctly you will cause more harm than good. It will look like you actually flashed, but you really need to go back and get everything fixed so you can re-flash to fix the firmware. Even if you flash back, you could still have issues or errors because the software is not setup correctly. The car I re-flashed is still getting the 511B, but doesn't have any other issues or errors now.

There is a lot of BAD software floating around the Internet. We can't control what software you download, but just understand if you get the wrong download you could be walking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For my friend everything runs fine on a 64-bit win 7 except NCSExper won't start. All other tools start fine including WinKFP. What do you think? INPA, EDIABAS and WinKFP all run fine and were updated with latest daten files including imports of daten files through WinKFP without errors.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    For my friend everything runs fine on a 64-bit win 7 except NCSExper won't start. All other tools start fine including WinKFP. What do you think? INPA, EDIABAS and WinKFP all run fine and were updated with latest daten files including imports of daten files through WinKFP without errors.

Its fine only if the update of the flash goes accordingly to the DIY...If there is any variations then your flash was botched from installation of software....Like Wedge1967 stated there is no way when the actual flashing happens after you press PROGRAM for it to finish in two minutes or less.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Its fine only if the update of the flash goes accordingly to the DIY...If there is any variations then your flash was botched from installation of software....Like Wedge1967 stated there is no way when the actual flashing happens after you press PROGRAM for it to finish in two minutes or less.
    For those times where it took less than 4 minutes did you manage to fix it by using a known working setup to reflash after?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    For those times where it took less than 4 minutes did you manage to fix it by using a known working setup to reflash after?
    What Wedge and I have done is do a complete installation and look over the configurations to be on the safe side as we have installed so many so far...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend is going through this on his car right now. He goes through all the steps fine and then when hitting Program it tells him:

4102: Error: needed Number 7632068 not found in file ..\DATA\konv.tmp\hwnr.da2
    4101: Error: Error on conversion ASCII->Hex
    1000: Error: Error
    995936: Error: Interpretierter Fehler: Kf Get New Sg D2: datGetErsatzListeD2 fehlgeschlagen

Anyone know what's up?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on the winkfp guide there is a list of all codes. Seems there are some files missing
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do you need to set up inpa and all the others before setting up winkfp? im setting up winkfp without touching inpa

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    on the winkfp guide there is a list of all codes. Seems there are some files missing
    He installed bmw standard tools from scratch and just updated winkfp through importing that's it..no errors there..what files could it be missing? This is an E60 535XI 2009 build date
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what version of bmw tools did you use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you tried 2.12.0?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    do you need to set up inpa and all the others before setting up winkfp? im setting up winkfp without touching inpa
    first you need to make sure you got connection and best way is with INPA. you also need inpa to see the part numbers of all your modules.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    first you need to make sure you got connection and best way is with INPA. you also need inpa to see the part numbers of all your modules.
    ok cool. im still trying to figure out the error messages when i try importing the files in winkfp. i gotta wait until my cable comes. its shipping from hong kong Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think the best solution would be to compile a list of version #s for compatible software.

people may be downloading old versions of bmw standard tools, trying to use the 6.x.x version of ediabas way back when the first coding DIY on e90post started, etc.

personally i used standard tools 2.12 and everything seemed to work out fine. I believe this has the latest version of ediabas and winkfp available to us

I don't recall if i had a third window or not, but the process did take about 5 minutes to flash. definitely not 2 minutes. no new errors or codes after i cleared them the first time

edit: i also recommend first timers use bmw coding tool 2.5 to import/update everything. that's one less area to screw up on
    Last edited by tofu; 02-24-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    there's nothing to really set up regarding INPA. if you did a clean install of bmw standard tools 2.12, inpa will just be blank when you load it up, even after importing all the e89 48.1 daten

I did overwrite it with a previous INPA though, just to make sure ediabas was communicating with the vehicle properly.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend is going through this on his car right now. He goes through all the steps fine and then when hitting Program it tells him:

4102: Error: needed Number 7632068 not found in file ..\DATA\konv.tmp\hwnr.da2
    4101: Error: Error on conversion ASCII->Hex
    1000: Error: Error
    995936: Error: Interpretierter Fehler: Kf Get New Sg D2: datGetErsatzListeD2 fehlgeschlagen

Anyone know what's up?
    So if this happened during programming I would assume his car is bricked for the moment until he gets Winkfp loaded correct with all the proper files.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i guess if one was inclined, the easiest thing would be for someone to zip up a 100% working installation.

the end user would only have to edit the environmental variables in the control panel, change a line in
    obd.ini, and install the drivers for the cable
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    i guess if one was inclined, the easiest thing would be for someone to zip up a 100% working installation.

the end user would only have to edit the environmental variables in the control panel, change a line in
    obd.ini, and install the drivers for the cable

Since you wrote about it why dont you do it and load it up to a server! Make a suggestion go forward with it..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since you wrote about it why dont you do it and load it up to a server! Make a suggestion go forward with it..

1) i'm not one of the 3-4 experts offering advice and making new developments on this subject
    2) i don't want to be responsible for distributing illegal software (as some people here have already done)
    3) i'm simply not inclined to do it..

and most of all

4) my setup has been testing on one car. my own. i don't want to be responsible for someone screwing up their car based on my (possibly) faulty configuration.

i'll gladly zip up my folders, send them to you for testing, and you can distribute them via torrent if you'd like, but that wouldn't make much sense now would it?

edit: actually, if we want to cut down the file size A LOT for a quick portable installation, couldn't we eliminate mostly everything from the data folder, but the gke215 and gdaten folder? i'll put this together if it helps, and perhaps someone can create a bat file to fill in the environmental variables and install the drivers.

edit2: but like i said, i don't want to personally distribute this unless one of the experts verifies the config is good
    Last edited by tofu; 02-24-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So if this happened during programming I would assume his car is bricked for the moment until he gets Winkfp loaded correct with all the proper files.
    No, programming just doesn't even start.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bummer, my shop can't update modules like the TCU. But if I want to put a newer tranny in my 10/2006 car, the TCU will have to be coded to the VIN?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Bummer, my shop can't update modules like the TCU. But if I want to put a newer tranny in my 10/2006 car, the TCU will have to be coded to the VIN?
    It would be the same I imagine as this flashing with writing the VIN and flashing the software.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turo Click here to enlarge
    Wow, great work everyone! I wish I knew if this worked for the N55 platform as well!

Soooo, did you try this on your '11 N55 yet?!?! Click here to enlarge
    Had to make an emergency trip this weekend so I didn't get a chance to try it out. If I get enough time during the week I can give it a shot, otherwise it'll have to wait for this weekend. I'll post up results as soon as I try it, whether positive or negative. Hopefully it works for us!

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast