Close

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Could someone please send me a safe virus free link to the complete 48.1 file and possibly to some virus free software to run this with.
    Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Could someone please send me a safe virus free link to the complete 48.1 file and possibly to some virus free software to run this with.
    Thanks!
    there is already a thread here to download the 48.1
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    Well I'm going to finish getting my coding laptop configured tomorrow and I'm hoping to try this on Saturday or Sunday. Results would be another data point for paddle shifters (plus n55 data point? I haven't heard anyone that's done this say they were an n55) so anyone who can help would be appreciated.
    this probably work only on N54 engines. you can always try ...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Still need to figure out what is best for us pre-03/07 guys: a mechtronic replacement (900 EUR on Ebay) or a complete tranny swap (850-1200 EUR on the bay)?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Still need to figure out what is best for us pre-03/07 guys: a mechtronic replacement (900 EUR on Ebay) or a complete tranny swap (850-1200 EUR on the bay)?
    If you have storage space at home i would say the whole tranny. At least you have one in case of hardware upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Somebody help me understand something WRT the cut off of model year and paddle shift. I assume Alpina made B3s beyond MY 2008 (they did) and I also assume they just took cars off the BMW assembly line to mod them. So wouldn't it follow that even if there was a change somewhere in OEM software, that the MY 2009 and on B3s still has paddle shifters that work? In other words maybe the 48.1 files only contain the file for up to 2008 MY B3s and what we need is someone to find 2009 + MY B3s and get a look at that file.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Somebody help me understand something WRT the cut off of model year and paddle shift. I assume Alpina made B3s beyond MY 2008 (they did) and I also assume they just took cars off the BMW assembly line to mod them. So wouldn't it follow that even if there was a change somewhere in OEM software, that the MY 2009 and on B3s still has paddle shifters that work? In other words maybe the 48.1 files only contain the file for up to 2008 MY B3s and what we need is someone to find 2009 + MY B3s and get a look at that file.
    48.1 has latest software for all modules / cars up to 2012. Just flash it. If paddles do not work flash as well the other module CIC? If that does not work you have to live without paddles till someone figures it out or flash oem again.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    48.1 has latest software for all modules / cars up to 2012. Just flash it. If paddles do not work flash as well the other module CIC? If that does not work you have to live without paddles till someone figures it out or flash oem again.
    Waiting on a cable and a laptop, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

If paddles don't work I would try and use NCSexpert and code the EGS module using Expertmode profile and code it back to default parameters hoping it will make the paddles work. Someone needs to try this.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I have some free time today, I'll see what I can dig up on the Alpina paddles. Maybe I can get the wiring diagram that will shed some light on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Im trying to flash my 09 with paddles to see what would happen. I bought a $50 cord on amazon and have the $100 cord on order. Are these errors from the cord being incorrect? I see both dots connected in INPA. Sorry, feel free to delete if this clutters things up

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Heres the 3 to 4 shift i was talking about earlier. Is this what everyone else is seeing? It does this almost all the time. Is there a transmission adaptation i can clear? Need to find my BT cable.

Its not a deal-breaker but its annoying that the revs get so low that the car has no power.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    Heres the 3 to 4 shift i was talking about earlier. Is this what everyone else is seeing? It does this almost all the time. Is there a transmission adaptation i can clear? Need to find my BT cable.

Its not a deal-breaker but its annoying that the revs get so low that the car has no power.
    How much gas are you giving it? Like I said, this flash is def more pressure sensitive to input & is always looking to get up in the gears while in regular D mode (max fuel economy). If you give it more gas it'll downshift and/or if you put it in Sport mode it'll hold the gears longer.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUV-c...ature=youtu.be

Like benzy said, it's not such a bad thing for D mode to drive so passively. I actually may prefer that once I get this flash figured out. Makes it easy to keep the car under 3k rpms before it is warm and also and the low end torque on the car should help once you get up to 1.5k rpms. But I can see how it could be annoying, definitely doesn't look like you'd keep it in D for any spirited driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

that specific video was with lighter throttle but it does it with moderate throttle too. Just thought to take a video this morning and had my gopro handy.
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    Like benzy said, it's not such a bad thing for D mode to drive so passively. I actually may prefer that once I get this flash figured out. Makes it easy to keep the car under 3k rpms before it is warm and also and the low end torque on the car should help once you get up to 1.5k rpms. But I can see how it could be annoying, definitely doesn't look like you'd keep it in D for any spirited driving.
    yeah exactly , for sporty go DS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I want this so badly, I hate how high it shifts stock in D. Why do I need to have 300+ lb/ft of torque available cruising around town? Stupid 06 built bastard e90 with no oil cooler, old mechatronics and no CAN wires on the OBD connector. At least the turbos are good! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yeah exactly , for sporty go DS
    Oh, def agree. DS or M for fun. Just wanted to make sure this was normal. Guess I'm just too used to the factory shift points....
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Oh, def agree. DS or M for fun. Just wanted to make sure this was normal. Guess I'm just too used to the factory shift points....
    I'm sure the Aplina shift points for D mode are lower because that car has 100 ft. lbs more torque than stock. The factory transmission firmware is designed to work with a stock engine, while the Aplina firmware is designed for an engine making more torque.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can anyone help me with my code listed above, I want to try coding my 01/09 build with paddles. Is it cable related? thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Can anyone help me with my code listed above, I want to try coding my 01/09 build with paddles. Is it cable related? thanks
    if you can connect to inpa and read all your parts is not the cable.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Please let us know how your paddles work after the flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a 10/06 build but they replaced the megatronics in 2010 when I had some transmission problems. Could I possibly do flash? and why are the 06 builds unable to do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    I have a 10/06 build but they replaced the megatronics in 2010 when I had some transmission problems. Could I possibly do flash? and why are the 06 builds unable to do?
    if they replaced the mechatronic than you should be golden since thats the issue on pre 03/07. just flash it and see.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I want to get this to work but it seems I have the wrong cord. Ive put my procede on map 0 and turned off canclear and everytime I go into WINKFP, it won't let me update the "assembly line data" after pressing F1 comfort mode and f3 update ZUSB it doesn't show anything in the ECU family or Integration position.

I'm reading my ass off but I see no reason why it shouldn't be working. I am trying to get you guys some more data on post 08 build cars.

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast