Close

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    great than no need for you to add more posts on this thread.
    Turkeybaster has been banned from this thread.

Feel free to continue the discussion going positively gentlemen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is there anyone in the Grand Rapids, MI area that has done this? I really want to try this, but don't trust myself to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Turkeybaster has been banned from this thread.

Feel free to continue the discussion going positively gentlemen.
    +1.

lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would be down to try this in South Florida if I can get a coder, with RnnEvo9. FBO+E85 on JB4, build date 05/08, paddles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Following this thread is awesome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I'll help my buddy flash his 2010 535xi fully built Level 10 tranny with RB turbos, fbo, race gas. Looking to see what happens at higher than stock MAF/Load values once this is on his car. Currently with the OEM software it runs into torque limits and pulls timing. Hopefully it goes away after the flash. No paddles on this car.
    Please report back how that goes. A good friend has an E60 535i that i would like to try this on.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    That is 100% false. My 10/06 build date has a 6HP21. I have verified this myself by looking at the label.

The 02/06 to 03/07 range is still a 6HP21, just a different mechatronic. Look at the application list in the reference documents sticky. That document is from ZF. It's BMW who seems to have inaccurate documentation, which isn't unheard of for a large company. As long as the parts number are right, the descriptions only matter somewhat.
    That is correct. Even the earliest E90 335i models had the "6HP19TU" transmission. I had a 12/06 production E90 335i that I got brand new in 2/07, and it definitely showed up as a 6HP19TU in the GT1 short test list at the time. There is definitely a difference in the Mechatronics starting in 3/07, and as the mechatronics/TCU is inside the transmission, the 3/07+ cars carry a different transmission part number. While I think the 2 transmissions use a different torque converter, I'm not sure if there are any other hardware differences.

It would be cool if you could simply swap a later Mechatronics into an earlier E9x, but they aren't cheap -- retail is around $3k through BMW. I just replaced mine due to an internal failure that was causing torque converter clutch slippage faults. Thankfully, I covered it under the 7/70 emissions warranty. Otherwise, I would have been looking for a used transmission for a lot less $$$.

As far as swapping a later transmission into a pre-3/07 E9x, just keep in mind it will probably require aftermarket coding to work right. BMW's ISTA/P system will reject a module that does not fit the VO. Other than that, I don't see why it would work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we still have no one reporting flashing 11/08 or newer production date still and report about paddle issues....This sucks. I flashed a 9/07 today that didnt have paddles and it flashed perfect with no errors. Now we know not having paddles this flash is solid for any model year with N54 DCT. C'mon people. Need some data here...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't realize I was hosting any pirated software?

I think what you meant to say was gaining membership by allowing members to discuss how to improve their cars for their own personal enjoyment as if they should not have the right to modify their BMW's. What you should be criticizing is the software BMW used with the car in the first place and how BMW has done nothing to help owners of modified cars who wish to enjoy their vehicles which is what this is all about. It should be embarrassing that it takes Alpina to fix BMW deficiencies and that owners have to go as far as they do to rectify issues that should not be issues in the first place.

I could continue attempting to explain this to you but I'll just stick my red thumb up your butt instead.
    I will never understand why AFTER warranty expires BMW, or any other car manufacturer, doesn't hand the UNLOCK keys to the DME, TCU and the rest to the owner and say HAVE AT IT Click here to enlarge Seriously, what gives them the right to keep everything on a lockdown once the warranty has fully expired. Shouldn't they be forced in some way to expose configurability of the car. Imagine how much popularity they could gain in the aftermarket tuning world if they allowed such unlocking features post-warranty.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno... How did the 535Xi flash go??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Liability still exists even after a warranty is up. (I.e, toyota and the phantom acceleration, BMW HPFP to name a few)

What happens if someone codes off their airbags or something stupid, the nhtsa would have no idea what is manufacture defect or user problems.

I know nothing about coding, just saying that a company still holds liability in the function of the car but not necessarily fixing problems after the warranty is up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno... How did the 535Xi flash go??
    Haven't had time to meet up with him yet. Probably this weekend though
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a '10 335i with MSD81 with paddles. Hopefully, I'll be able to flash it this weekend assuming the shop can fix my current boost leaks by then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we still have no one reporting flashing 11/08 or newer production date still and report about paddle issues....This sucks. I flashed a 9/07 today that didnt have paddles and it flashed perfect with no errors. Now we know not having paddles this flash is solid for any model year with N54 DCT. C'mon people. Need some data here...
    This flash works on DCT cars as well?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I'm getting some conflicting information. I'd like to try to flash this to my car (2011 335i, n55, 6AT) which shows the same DME and transmission parts as the rest of the e92/e90 fleet, but I'm hearing on the other forum that I need a DCT tranny for my model year which doesn't exist in the n55 335i, only the 135i (I think). Anyone have any guidance on whether or not I should try this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I'm getting confused why people keeping saying DCT is needed for this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I will never understand why AFTER warranty expires BMW, or any other car manufacturer, doesn't hand the UNLOCK keys to the DME, TCU and the rest to the owner and say HAVE AT IT Click here to enlarge Seriously, what gives them the right to keep everything on a lockdown once the warranty has fully expired. Shouldn't they be forced in some way to expose configurability of the car. Imagine how much popularity they could gain in the aftermarket tuning world if they allowed such unlocking features post-warranty.
    I agree with this 100%. I suppose nobody has challenged manufacturers on the legality of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    What happens if someone codes off their airbags or something stupid,
    You sign a waiver for them to unlock it.

What happens if you buy a car and go 200 mph into a brick wall? I mean some things are personal responsibility.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    Liability still exists even after a warranty is up. (I.e, toyota and the phantom acceleration, BMW HPFP to name a few)

What happens if someone codes off their airbags or something stupid, the nhtsa would have no idea what is manufacture defect or user problems.

I know nothing about coding, just saying that a company still holds liability in the function of the car but not necessarily fixing problems after the warranty is up.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    any coders in va that can do this....i cant get the spdaten files to download

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    So I'm getting some conflicting information. I'd like to try to flash this to my car (2011 335i, n55, 6AT) which shows the same DME and transmission parts as the rest of the e92/e90 fleet, but I'm hearing on the other forum that I need a DCT tranny for my model year which doesn't exist in the n55 335i, only the 135i (I think). Anyone have any guidance on whether or not I should try this?
    NO, 6AT only -- Alpina only used the 6AT transmission in their B3 + B3 GT3 cars. There are also NO guarantees this will work in an N55 car, since the Alpina cars are only N54s. If you want to try, the worst that happens is it doesn't work and you load the most recent transmission software revision for your specific trans.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jesus I am burnt out..!lol Guys I messed up!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm going to finish getting my coding laptop configured tomorrow and I'm hoping to try this on Saturday or Sunday. Results would be another data point for paddle shifters (plus n55 data point? I haven't heard anyone that's done this say they were an n55) so anyone who can help would be appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You sign a waiver for them to unlock it.

What happens if you buy a car and go 200 mph into a brick wall? I mean some things are personal responsibility.
    Exactly. Waivers are the way to go. How is Alpina privy to this and allowed to charge a premium and the owner who's shelled out a considerable amount of cash, especially on high end models, isn't. Doesn't seem legit to me and no I'm not advocating opening up tables to disable brakes or something of that nature although with a waiver why not. You want to kill your brakes go for it. No one prevents you from pulling your own brake system's vacuum line which also kills the brakes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    See here is your dilemna...Paddles or flash. You would rather have paddles but I think you would change your mind once you actually sat in a flashed car or driven one. If you haven't then yes that would for sure be your choice because like I said videos and people describing it is nothing like feeling it yourself. I do hope we figure it out but still waiting for some more flashes of newer cars. Over the night couple of more cars flashed but still early builds 07
    You may very well be right on that. I'll have to wait for someone in South Florida to get this done and see if they wouldn't mind meeting up to show me how it works in person.

If I end up doing this, how easy is it to flash back to the stock TCU programming to re-activate the paddles (for if I want to sell the car)?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast