Close

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    No.... We already know if you try to force GKE215 on a E60 trans it will brick it. Really need the assembly number from a 535 to see what ECU type it is. Once we know that, then I would feel a lot more comfortable with flashing it to the B5S code.
    SA_option_helper.rar

http://www.bmwcoding.com/attachment....7&d=1329205413

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....ll=1#post20493

This may be of some help, It looks like this will get all the zb numbers for All Alpina modules including the DME.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go into comfort mode, update ZUSB to GKE215, click Done, click Special, then Read UIF to see the flash history. You'll find the assembly number from your original flashing to include any updates the dealership did.
    Nice - thanks Wedge!

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go into comfort mode, update ZUSB to GKE215, click Done, click Special, then Read UIF to see the flash history. You'll find the assembly number from your original flashing to include any updates the dealership did.
    Is there a way to edit this info as well?thanks for this info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Is there a way to edit this info as well?thanks for this info.
    No, once you write to the UIF it can't be removed. That's why if you read the stealth notes, by removing the UIF write check boxes, you can write without updating the UIF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many people have tried the stealth mode? Does it really cover up the know code?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got my transmission flashed by @Wedge1967 remotely. Car is night and day! The shifts are very smooth, sport and manual modes feel like a DCT with both upshifts and downshifts. The rev matching is spot on, there is no roughness about the car whatsoever. Right now I am on stock tuning, and the car just feels much more real. If you haven't done this or are thinking of doing so, DO IT. I've driven about an hour already and I can honestly say it's almost more fun than a tune.

Wedge knew exacty what he was doing throughout the whole process. If an error came up, he fixed it immediately. It took him no time to flash the car, and answered all my questions. Thanks buddy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Wedge

If I can help obtain the assembly # off my 2008 535i then tell me what you need and let me know how to go about doing this

This is the least I can do for all the hard work you andcn555ic have done

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skysurfer Click here to enlarge
    Hey Wedge

If I can help obtain the assembly # off my 2008 535i then tell me what you need and let me know how to go about doing this

This is the least I can do for all the hard work you andcn555ic have done
    I have the number for the E60 B5S, but we don't know if it will work with the 535i. If you have a cable I can help you load up the software. We can look at your current assembly number and see if the ECU is compatible. The B3 uses a GKE215 and the B5 uses the GKE195. Not sure if it's because the E60 has the ZF 6HP26, but only one way to find out, look at your current assembly numbers to see what ECU it is and then FLASH it with the Alpina B5S transmission code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SA_option_helper.rar

http://www.bmwcoding.com/attachment....7&d=1329205413

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....ll=1#post20493

This may be of some help, It looks like this will get all the zb numbers for All Alpina modules including the DME.

Cheers.
    @harry, this app rocks man. I went through the E60 Daten and found the Alpina numbers within the GKE195. Just need the assembly number for the 535i to see what ECU the transmission is using before flashing with the Alpina code. If the ECU is a match, we should have the flash for the 5 series boyz as well... Thanks....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @harry , this app rocks man. I went through the E60 Daten and found the Alpina numbers within the GKE195. Just need the assembly number for the 535i to see what ECU the transmission is using before flashing with the Alpina code. If the ECU is a match, we should have the flash for the 5 series boyz as well... Thanks....

For some fun I flash my dme(7626382 IJEOS (335i) to Alpina for the power upgrade. For msd 81 there are only 2 zb numbers that come up 7626362 and 7626376 I flashed these but no increase in power.....my dme and some other modules probably need a actual valid alpine vin flashed to it so that it works properly.....or is there more to this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For some fun I flash my dme(7626382 IJEOS (335i) to Alpina for the power upgrade. For msd 81 there are only 2 zb numbers that come up 7626362 and 7626376 I flashed these but no increase in power.....my dme and some other modules probably need a actual valid alpine vin flashed to it so that it works properly.....or is there more to this?
    Wow your very brave to update the dme with dcan cable! Props for that. How long did it take and also you need to log timing as well as a/f. If you can do a log of WOT and it would be awesome to see before and after flash of the Alpina DME.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Wow your very brave to update the dme with dcan cable! Props for that. How long did it take and also you need to log timing as well as a/f. If you can do a log of WOT and it would be awesome to see before and after flash of the Alpina DME.
    So it's possible to flash the Alpina "tune" onto the car as well? As in have 400bhp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep in mind B3 has LOWER compression ratio than stock N54 so the tune may be making assumption about VE & timing and so forth that would not be valid for your car. I really would not mess with this esp if you are putting another tune on top of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME flash takes about 20 minutes, Guys keep in mind I did not experience any increase in power with this, the DME and some other major modules probably need a valid alpina vin flashed to it so the car believes it is a alpina.....since there was no difference for me I flashed the car back to original and remember to unchecked all of UIF when doing any programing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, I wonder if it actually loaded. The B3 boosts to 15psi, so I would think you would have seen a performance boost. Need to compair the tables. I doubt it has anything to do with the VIN.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, I wonder if it actually loaded. The B3 boosts to 15psi, so I would think you would have seen a performance boost. Need to compair the tables. I doubt it has anything to do with the VIN.
    There was some changes to how it felt and sounded,stock felt better so promptly flashed it back and put the cobb back on.....anyone else want to try this and see if they get the same results....a cat only has 9 lives and I probably already used 1 or more of them up!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was some changes to how it felt and sounded,stock felt better so promptly flashed it back and put the cobb back on.....anyone else want to try this and see if they get the same results....a cat only has 9 lives and I probably already used 1 or more of them up!!
    I would love to see more testing of this. Anybody that wants to help out the community and maybe reach another milestone, step on up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I would love to see more testing of this. Anybody that wants to help out the community and maybe reach another milestone, step on up!
    Are you in??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah okay! Lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanted to share my experience

@skysurfer and I flashed his 535i which is SAT shifter retrofitted to the Sport Automatic Transmission flash using Assembly Number 7601458.

At first I thought maybe we could try the Alpina flash, but after checking out his UIF information and looking at his current assembly number, I decided not to because his ECU type is GKE215. So the only options were standard transmission or sport automatic transmission. So we rolled the dice and flashed it to the Sport A/T because he was alreayd on the lastest standard transmissions flash and sure enough it works and works very well. D is still just D, but SD is now S1-6. According to Skysurfer, shifts are much smoother in D, and quicker in Sport or Manual. Rev matching is also better.

So Iíll leave it at that and Iíll let Skysurfer chime in and give you the 411 because he knows his car and he can tell you first hand the flash made.

If anyone needs any assistance with setting this up, please let me know."

First of all ( and there's many ), Wedge is ONE who knows his stuff and if you have any concerns, he will make you feel at ease

Wedge, thank you

OK, enough xoxo

I installed the SAT retrofitted on my 2008 535i over 2 years ago and the only thing that worked when you pressed the sport button is the steering stiffened
    Now, I know, the car feels like it hugs the road, like it lowers a tad when pushing it. ( maybe placebo, but I can tell the difference )

Drive mode shows the same " D " - smoother than before

DS mode is now " S1 - 6 " - shifts are WAY smoother and stronger

WOW !!

I don't know how the Alpina feels ( maybe one day ), but this is a definite MUST have if you SAT retrofitted your car ( or not )

Wedge, again, thank you ( Donation sent )
    A good person who deserves the respect for a piece of his knowledge

If I am missing anything, because of excitement, I will update

Keep safe and enjoy Life

God Bless

BTW

My day at the Dyno

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18643

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flashed a N55 yesterday and it also had the tach issue only in M mode...I have done over 15 and this was the first N55 with this issue...Have no clue to why it happened to this specific N55, but so far out of many N55 flashes there are 3 people with this issue.

The guy loved the flash so much he didnt really care about the M tach dropping to 0 every gear shift since he said he usually uses DS mode before anyways..

Weird..;
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flashed a N55 yesterday and it also had the tach issue only in M mode...I have done over 15 and this was the first N55 with this issue...Have no clue to why it happened to this specific N55, but so far out of many N55 flashes there are 3 people with this issue.

Ha I don't blame him, I'm still running it with the tach drop too. Were you able to grab a screenshot of his ZB numbers? I'm trying to compile a list to see if i notice anything that the three bad ones have in common but the good ones have a different version, etc. I've got just over a month before my first track weekend to see if i can iron it out

The guy loved the flash so much he didnt really care about the M tach dropping to 0 every gear shift since he said he usually uses DS mode before anyways..

Weird..;

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, don't know why my text didn't come through. Were you able to grab a screenshot of his ZB numbers? Trying to get a list of them to compile and compare vs n55s that work and see if I can get it working before track season starts next month

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, don't know why my text didn't come through. Were you able to grab a screenshot of his ZB numbers? Trying to get a list of them to compile and compare vs n55s that work and see if I can get it working before track season starts next month
    yes here it is...It not really clear but you can make out the numbers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes here it is...It not really clear but you can make out the numbers
    Thanks. Based on that and the numbers received from madmanhiker (no tach drop), there are three modules that match between the tach drop cars and don't with the working car. JBBF, MOSTGW, and MASK/CCC. I'll be able to tell more if I get more numbers from more cars.

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast