Close

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    flashed the Alpina Software at the weekend, WOW it`s awesome! Click here to enlarge thanks for it!

another question, does anyone know the limit of the stock gearbox software? is it releated to boost or torque? how much?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone able to do this in the UK , i know my way around software but, would prefer to pay someone who knew exactly what they were doing to do it.

Thanks for the thread @Cn555ic and taking time to explain the procedure.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys....been watching this thread for awhile and I'm really wanting to try the flash. Question is.....has it been tried on a e60 535i?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have been watching this thread then you would have read that someone tried it on their E60 and had to be towed home..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    If you have been watching this thread then you would have read that someone tried it on their E60 and had to be towed home..
    OUCH!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Glockz Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys....been watching this thread for awhile and I'm really wanting to try the flash. Question is.....has it been tried on a e60 535i?
    Just a few posts ago it was mentioned it does not work.

Why do I feel like I'm getting bimmpost guys... :/

Welcome either way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fabiano Click here to enlarge
    flashed the Alpina Software at the weekend, WOW it`s awesome! Click here to enlarge thanks for it!

another question, does anyone know the limit of the stock gearbox software? is it releated to boost or torque? how much?
    Welcome to the new faces.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the new faces.
    Haha, did you ever welcome me? LOL How many new members in the past month Sticky?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, did you ever welcome me? LOL How many new members in the past month Sticky?
    I don't do a personal welcome to everyone, the forum already does that automatically.

I mean it's a good amount of new members but doubt we'll top our record. October of last year holds that. Regardless, registrations on average and activity are up significantly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't do a personal welcome to everyone, the forum already does that automatically.

I mean it's a good amount of new members but doubt we'll top our record. October of last year holds that. Regardless, registrations on average and activity are up significantly.
    Sounds like you could us a drink...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you could us a drink...
    That's a good idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    found info here in how to remove the flash counter
    Hi first you open WinKFP and select the configuration menu.You can then unselect all the options with UIF write in them.This allows you to flash without writing to your module as many times as you want to.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...reflash-my-DME
    did not try it yet.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    there is no way to use NCS-Expert on 64bit huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    there is no way to use NCS-Expert on 64bit huh?
    well there is a version of NCSexpert using 64 bits found in Standard Tools 2.12, but I havent gotten it to work. If you must use a 64 laptop then you can setup a VM machine in 32 bit environment.. That takes a little more configurations to get that working..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I must have missed that post. I knew one of the e60 guys was going to give it try but didn't see the results. Thanks!
    E60 2008 535i | BMS JB3 | Injen Intake |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I got this done the other day and I really like the new M/S mode. Makes me want to stay in them more. My wife will probably like the new D mode if I ever let her drive it. I was too chicken to flash it myself so I borrowed a buddy's laptop/cable and had it flashed remotely. The flash didn't seem to take that long, maybe a minute or two? I remember reading somewhere in this thread that if it was too quick it didn't flash properly. I couldn't see what he was doing on the laptop because the screen timed-out and I was afraid to touch anything. Here is what my BT tool says: Click here to enlarge

I really appreciate guys like @Cn555ic and @Wedge1967 for bringing this to the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Glockz Click here to enlarge
    I must have missed that post. I knew one of the e60 guys was going to give it try but didn't see the results. Thanks!
    I was talking with a 5 series guy (well via PM's) on another forum (n54tech), he said the issue was the car that got bricked they tried to flash it with the e89 data set (1 & 3 series we are all using here) Alpina file out of the 48.1 daten package. Now the theory I guess was 6HP21 in both why not. Well wrong chassis for one. That did not go so well.

The right way to do it would be to find the proper Alpina file # for the e60 chassis in the appropriate latest daten set (there is a B5 BTW) and use it. I suggested they look for a file that closely resembles the e89 file number in the EGS section (FYI the diesel file is only 1 digit off the gas file number for e89), pull that up in WinKPF, and if the OEM trans file # shows as replacement in the WinKPF procedure then flash that. Point is no one yet knows what that number is but I suspect it looks a lot like the number for 3 series.

He said they'd thought of that but were waiting to get a precise Alpina B5 file number out of somebody's car in euroland. He said like 20 guys are waiting...maybe he is on here and can chime in with updates. Having bricked one car on speculation I suppose that is a good strategy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    found info here in how to remove the flash counter
    Hi first you open WinKFP and select the configuration menu.You can then unselect all the options with UIF write in them.This allows you to flash without writing to your module as many times as you want to.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...reflash-my-DME
    did not try it yet.
    I seen that last week and was really wondering the same thing. Has anyone tried this yet? It would be nice to not have the 60'ish limit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    I seen that last week and was really wondering the same thing. Has anyone tried this yet? It would be nice to not have the 60'ish limit.
    60 times is an eternity to flash back and forth. Don't worry about it. Other modules I would understand the concern. DME has I think only 2 or 3 times.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mykal Click here to enlarge
    I got this done the other day and I really like the new M/S mode. Makes me want to stay in them more. My wife will probably like the new D mode if I ever let her drive it. I was too chicken to flash it myself so I borrowed a buddy's laptop/cable and had it flashed remotely. The flash didn't seem to take that long, maybe a minute or two? I remember reading somewhere in this thread that if it was too quick it didn't flash properly. I couldn't see what he was doing on the laptop because the screen timed-out and I was afraid to touch anything. Here is what my BT tool says: Click here to enlarge

I really appreciate guys like @Cn555ic and @Wedge1967 for bringing this to the community.
    The BT Pro didn't give the assemble line number or flash code for stock on mine so got it with my ICOM/ISSID and INPA as well BT shows only the part number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mykal Click here to enlarge

We can't forget about @Tomaz who actually provided the information for making this possible. @Cn555ic for taking the time to figure out how to make it work. Me, I was just along for the ride and I did a little testing. Click here to enlarge

The flash should only take @ 4 minute from the time it prompts you that you have X # of times left to flash. If you have D1-6, S1-6 and M1-6 you should be good. Drive will shift @1600 rpm and at 40mph you will be in 6th, very smoooooth. S1-5 shifts at higher RPM and now when over 70 mph S will shift into 6th. M should fill and sound quicker to respond. Down shifts will be smother and RPM matched better. I have been told that in DTC mode, the car performs much better in the corners when you're out for a track day. If it's not any of the above, then something went wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    I was talking with a 5 series guy (well via PM's) on another forum (n54tech), he said the issue was the car that got bricked they tried to flash it with the e89 data set (1 & 3 series we are all using here) Alpina file out of the 48.1 daten package. Now the theory I guess was 6HP21 in both why not. Well wrong chassis for one. That did not go so well.

The right way to do it would be to find the proper Alpina file # for the e60 chassis in the appropriate latest daten set (there is a B5 BTW) and use it. I suggested they look for a file that closely resembles the e89 file number in the EGS section (FYI the diesel file is only 1 digit off the gas file number for e89), pull that up in WinKPF, and if the OEM trans file # shows as replacement in the WinKPF procedure then flash that. Point is no one yet knows what that number is but I suspect it looks a lot like the number for 3 series.

He said they'd thought of that but were waiting to get a precise Alpina B5 file number out of somebody's car in euroland. He said like 20 guys are waiting...maybe he is on here and can chime in with updates. Having bricked one car on speculation I suppose that is a good strategy.
    Yes I am working with the guy to get the assembly line number...Just have to wait on it...I get calls constantly on this for the 5 series owners...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I am working with the guy to get the assembly line number...Just have to wait on it...I get calls constantly on this for the 5 series owners...
    Cool. Did they ever unbrick that poor guy's car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Cool. Did they ever unbrick that poor guy's car?
    I would think so...I havent heard anything since and no info was ever given afterwards, so I would assume its fixed. How or who fixed it I am clueless
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Cn555ic What is the procedure for this
    Last edited by Sparky68; 03-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast