Close

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigHoncho Click here to enlarge
    It's a 01/2009 E92 335xi... just wondering if there is any difference between x-drive and RW AT
    If you have the cable, I can help you flash and recode your paddles. Just give me a call and I can work with you to get this done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is there anybody in the Philly area that can help me flash my N55?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
    Is there anybody in the Philly area that can help me flash my N55?
    Why dont you make the track to me in Brooklyn and I can flash it for you..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Steve, i'll see when i'm on my way to CT and make a pit stop by you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Successfully flashed 2008 E92 335 (11/07 build). The 335i also has Procede and paddle shifters. No issues. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just an update here on my 09 Xi car, paddles stopped working after the initial reflash as expected and described above. Followed the DIY for using NCSExpert to get them working again, went fine. Really pleased with the mod, for the first time I can say I do not regret getting an AT vs MT. Thanks to all who made this happen, and I sent a bit of coin to Cn555 in gratitude for his help.

Hardest part of all this by far was getting NCSExpert running and configured with the right 48.1 daten. That took a day or so to get right. What is cool is coding things like lights or whatnot never appealed to me, at least no enough to climb the learning curve. Paddleshifters not working? OK I'll climb it and now that I have, I've got INPA NSC etc all right there.

Oh yeah one other thing, when I looked at the EGS codes under INPA the 511 whatever was there, just ignored it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Just an update here on my 09 Xi car, paddles stopped working after the initial reflash as expected and described above. Followed the DIY for using NCSExpert to get them working again, went fine. Really pleased with the mod, for the first time I can say I do not regret getting an AT vs MT. Thanks to all who made this happen, and I sent a bit of coin to Cn555 in gratitude for his help.

Hardest part of all this by far was getting NCSExpert running and configured with the right 48.1 daten. That took a day or so to get right. What is cool is coding things like lights or whatnot never appealed to me, at least no enough to climb the learning curve. Paddleshifters not working? OK I'll climb it and now that I have, I've got INPA NSC etc all right there.

Oh yeah one other thing, when I looked at the EGS codes under INPA the 511 whatever was there, just ignored it.
    You will be living in S mode all day! LMAO!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally made it back over the madmanhiker's house yesterday and grabbed these screenshots from INPA.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    You will be living in S mode all day! LMAO!
    That and M mode. The thing about this is now D, S, M mode each has a well-defined purpose, esp with something like Cobb and bolt ons. That purpose for D is just cruising around using a lot of TQ but not much revs for good mileage. Previously D was so sloppy and unpleasant I never used it. The S mode is like OK let's get on it a little (or A LOT) with worrying about shifting at all. Then M is for technical and twisty bits, or just fun shifting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

got my new cable and can choose the file and no errors :-) now i just need the car LOL
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    got my new cable and can choose the file and no errors :-) now i just need the car LOL
    What is your current tranny config internally? I would eventually like to hear from someone using this flash + Level 10 or 517trans or whatever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

What is your current tranny config internally? I would eventually like to hear from someone using this flash + Level 10 or 517trans or whatever.
    Level 10 . complete rebuild.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Level 10 . complete rebuild.
    OK good that is what I thought I remembered. Will be very curious to get your feedback.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

All right. My cable is on the way here and I have an old laptop that I can use this software on. I've downloaded the zipped SPDaten 48.1 files. Is there any way to confirm that I got the full daten files? (it is 4.6 GB in its .rar format) Where is the best place to download NCS Expert, NCS Dummy, WinKFP, INPA and ediabas from?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    All right. My cable is on the way here and I have an old laptop that I can use this software on. I've downloaded the zipped SPDaten 48.1 files. Is there any way to confirm that I got the full daten files? (it is 4.6 GB in its .rar format) Where is the best place to download NCS Expert, NCS Dummy, WinKFP, INPA and ediabas from?
    if you unzip it its going to be around 11 gig. for the rest you can just google it , lots of torrents and also read the thread.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

if you unzip it its going to be around 11 gig. for the rest you can just google it , lots of torrents and also read the thread.
    Ok. So the best place to download these from would be via a torrent. Thanks.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Ok. So the best place to download these from would be via a torrent. Thanks.
    I found this site to be very helpful

http://www.bmwcoding.com/forum.php

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I found this site to be very helpful

http://www.bmwcoding.com/forum.php
    Thanks. I found that site last night and registered there as well. Only thing is that everywhere says to Google search where to download the files, and when I search Google I get several different sources to download the programs (not sure which are reliable) and several threads asking questions about where to download the programs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still waiting on the cable, if anything goes haywire, what is the DIY procedure to flash back to stock can't seem to find anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chappy Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting on the cable, if anything goes haywire, what is the DIY procedure to flash back to stock can't seem to find anything.
    Use INPA
    load inpa/e90/functional jobs/f3 (UIF)

then look at EGS assembly number ZB number. Copy that number and save it. That's your stock Oem assembly line factory software. If u want to go back to original then load that number back when you press choose ZB and use GKE215 and then find your old number within the listed assembly line numbers.
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 03-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just did it to a 2011 335 N55 remotely in Canada. Worked well.

For those with issues w/ paddles, you should be able to expertmode the EGS unit to correct that issue.

The issue is that when a new program or data area is flashed, the coding data is not there in many cases. Same thing with flashing a DME as well for MSD80/81.

Changing it to wert_00 and back before using expertmode shouldn't accomplish anything, since ultimately expertmode will set the correct defaults for what is loaded according to the VO.

Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Hey Mike Glad u joined us. Yeah I figured that but that was the process that got it to work with the first car that I had tried to fix the paddles. Coding with expertmode is fine.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge

For those with issues w/ paddles, you should be able to expertmode the EGS unit to correct that issue.

The issue is that when a new program or data area is flashed, the coding data is not there in many cases. Same thing with flashing a DME as well for MSD80/81.

Changing it to wert_00 and back before using expertmode shouldn't accomplish anything, since ultimately expertmode will set the correct defaults for what is loaded according to the VO.

Cheers
    I was wondering same thing as I was doing it, did not make any sense to need to change something then change back. But it worked regardless. I should look at mine now to see if to was changed back to wert_02 (original setting), I left it at wert_00 end of step 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge

Cheers
    Could you give a little more details on this version of this DIY?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast