Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpina B3 Flash DIY using WinKFP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

12 out of 12 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Alpina B3 Flash DIY using WinKFP

DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash:

************************************************** **********************************
    WARNING...If you dont know what your doing, dont be brave and blindly go into this advanced flashing of software into the TCU module.. If you mess up you can easily brick your tranny module and you will find yourself towing the car to the dealer and looking like a fool. If your not too confident in doing this, either pay someone or just do without it.....WinKFP is a very dangerous tool but yet its awesome and in terms of coding its pretty advanced.. Proceed after reading this warning if you choose to do so...

************************************************** **********************************

This Alpina TCU flash works for model years 3/07 till present. If your production date is before 3/07, your out of luck and cant flash your car! Before you attempt this you should have some knowledge in coding and setting software. You need to confirm INPA software is working and communicating with car. If you dont have INPA communicating, dont move beyond this point and go back and do some more research on getting it to work.. There are plenty of DIY guides for setting up INPA, Ediabas, NCSexpert and WinKFP.

You can purchase a proven cable that works...Please dont ask will this one work as it is cheaper if so...Buy one that is proven!
    http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

ONE NOTE::: Please no PMs on how to set it up. You have to do some work yourself..

Once you have configured your laptop properly, you need to download Spdaten 48.1 the full version for E89 chassis. Dont download the lite versions as it doesnt have the necessary files needed for flashing modules. There are torrent links around...Look for them! The E89 Spdaten needs to be imported to WinKFP. There are PDFs showing how to get this done, do a search! Once it correctly imported, then you may start the flash using Winkpf.
    First you have to run the Winkfp and configure it to work correctly...Here is the picture of what needs to be done in the configurations..

Click here to enlarge

Once your done with that part:

Here we go:

-Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger

-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)

-connect cable to obd connector of car

-Load Winkpf software

-Press (F1) comfort mode

-Press (F3) Update ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215

-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835

-Click ok

-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 (Alpina assembly line file) and it will automatically reference the software 7591971

-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)

-click ok

-Press DONE (F8)

-Press (F3) Program

-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok

-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%

-once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok

-Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%

-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
    have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

-If everything works and the car starts without errors and its confirmed the gears are able to go into gear, then shut off car

-Open INPA software and clear out the DME codes for N54 engine, and also from the transmission module itself....

*****For some there will be a code 511B which will not clear as its a reoccurring fault code thats triggered by a faulty diagnostic test...Thanks to @Wedge1967 for digging up the SIB bulletin on this, thats major news that BMW is aware of it and its nothing of concern for those still on warranty! Great news.. Here is the SIB

Click here to enlarge

*****For some after the Alpina B3 Flash the paddle shifters no longer work. There is an additional coding required to get the paddles to once again work...Follow this link below to get to them functional again :

Alpina B3 Flash Part II: DIY for not working paddles Shifters after flash

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...rs-after-flash

I have worked hard to get this Alpina B3 flash to where it is now so everyone can enjoy this without any glitches. If you feel that my DIY on Winkfp for flashing Alpina B3 flash and the other to get the paddle shifter working, helped in anyway, and you would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, I would be grateful and appreciate it..If not thats cool too!

My paypal addy is
    ccnoner@aol.com

Enjoy the flash!
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-19-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have the b5 version?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TLO03 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have the b5 version?
    I was talking with Steven about this today, I think it's safe to assume that all the Alpina software is buried somewhere in INPA -- For the B3, B5, B6 & B7!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I was talking with Steven about this today, I think it's safe to assume that all the Alpina software is buried somewhere in INPA -- For the B3, B5, B6 & B7!
    E60 for sure has the same Alpina file that we are using..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And would this be a service you could provide..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    E60 for sure has the same Alpina file that we are using..
    What about the E82 135i? Same trans. @Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    What about the E82 135i? Same trans. Terry@BMS
    It's not using the ZF 6HP21??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TLO03 Click here to enlarge
    And would this be a service you could provide..
    I your local and in New York ofcourse I can provide the service for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Here is a pic from the 2nd flashed car in the United states Alpina B3 Flash...Its a 2008 Xi Notice how you have a new cluster indicator for DS mode! We now have S denoting DS mode just like the limited edition 2011 Alpina B3 GT...It so sexy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow...I was just posting to ask about the XI, I'm wondering if the flash affects brake boosting at all?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

That you will have to get an answer from him...I have a Alpina B3 TCM flashed E93! First in its world!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Like @Cn555ic said, this is not a joke and WinKFP is not a toy anyone can setup and use. So if you don't know what you're doing, it's safer to pay than it is to play. Don't be the first person to brick your trans. For anyone in the PNW region, feel free to give me a call and I can book you in for a quick flash. 503-679-3538

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    DCT like shifts in manual mode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

A DCT shifts much faster. Click here to enlarge

But I can confirm the files also work on the 135. Since it's a hacked program I can't confirm or deny that I've personally loaded it on our shop 135. Click here to enlarge But will produce some logs tomorrow if the roads dry out.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I wouldn't parade around advertising pirated software, just my 2c... And I pirate a lot of $#@!, but I don't make money off it if you see what I mean. Bad spot to be in.

Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 550+ Members Strong!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/112468002137607/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pretty cool.

So does this essentially make shifts faster and firmer when in manual mode? Or does it improve shifts in every mode?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't parade around advertising pirated software, just my 2c... And I pirate a lot of $#@!, but I don't make money off it if you see what I mean. Bad spot to be in.
    If I were a vendor I probably wouldn't even post about it. Very touchy subject. Didn't LTBMW get a nasty letter from BMW about using it I their name, these guys are no joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    If I were a vendor I probably wouldn't even post about it. Very touchy subject. Didn't LTBMW get a nasty letter from BMW about using it I their name, these guys are no joke.
    +1 @Sikh335 I agree. Hope all is well, look forward to catching up soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

So to recap the information given (PLEASE correct if I'm wrong):
    The software works with:
    E93, E92, E90, E82 chassis with AT N54's
    RWD and 4WD Xi
    It:
    speeds up shift times in Manual mode
    Changes display in info screen in Manual Mode from DS to S

More?
    My question would be does it still auto shift up when it reaches readline?
    Mine does untill 5th gear, but I didn't (yet) flash the trans obviously.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    IIRC they did which is why the name changed. I need to hurry and find someone local to help me with this flash just in case BMW catches wind of this. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge

This DIY provides no links to software, so I have no idea where to get this software. I just posted that you need these items. Whether how they get it is out of my control!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Great work yet again!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

You will soon see all the vultures join up just to check out the DIY, Do a hit and run then leave. People are always quick to take and ask for free things and don't realize the effort taken to get this to work. I haven't posted this DIY guide anywhere else besides this forum and I hope NO one does a copy and pastes it to another forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Awesome Steve! I've tried setting up the Winkpf but keep getting some errors. My production date sways 03/07 but I'm not sure if my valvetronics are compatible?? Wil try again when I have some more free time....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Now you guys know why I didn't post any links to download anything because I have no idea how you guys are getting these softwares from...I am just posting if you had this software what can be done with it!Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast