Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Terry as I said its not about low boost high timing...you know this as map1 and map2 on jb4 will quite often get timing pulled at WOT..i dont really want to just give it away since it took a bit of time to work out but its not as simple as you're putting it
    You've got boost, advance, and AFR. That is about it. You can tweak overlap, etc, a bit but net/net there isn't much else you can do on the tuning end. But power output aside I do see the benefit of a mild linear map with lots of advance for road racing. 11psi across the board w/ our race backend flash map would be a lot of fun.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So dzenno no actual dyno sheets to show these numbers? Thats like me saying I made 440 whp on E85 at 13 psi because VD said so
    Ok Ben Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You've got boost, advance, and AFR. That is about it. You can tweak overlap, etc, a bit but net/net there isn't much else you can do on the tuning end. But power output aside I do see the benefit of a mild linear map with lots of advance for road racing. 11psi across the board w/ our race backend flash map would be a lot of fun.
    Not on race gas here or tons of advance to make this happen and its now clear that its not just boost, advance and afr. As I said I was VERY surprised as well. Anyways..why argue or discount it just because you haven't had a chance to stumble upon something similar with the "BMS flash" Click here to enlarge Come on, its just a different approach to doing things, works well and thought I'd let you guys know that something new is possible...you have the same tools as I do just dig it up, give it enough time, its in there..I'm sure with race gas low boost and added timing you could pull off something very similar but that is not what this is about
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    If more power with low boost and low timing is possible that would be interesting. But, dynojet runs and logs or it didn't happen. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If more power with low boost and low timing is possible that would be interesting. But, dynojet runs and logs or it didn't happen. Click here to enlarge
    Its possible. I'm sure dynos will come soon but that'd mean me going to the dyno to prove it to you guys just to prove something Click here to enlarge Willing to cover my dyno bill? heh
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,926
    Rep Points
    1,372.7
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Its possible. I'm sure dynos will come soon but that'd mean me going to the dyno to prove it to you guys just to prove something Click here to enlarge Willing to cover my dyno bill? heh
    So, you got your proof of less boost making more power by some new and more sophisticated means... Chrystal ball? Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    To be honest I don't really care much either way. You're the one saying you are making 390rw with 12psi on pump gas so as they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence right? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Dont see why we have to cover your dyno bill when you're the ones making these claims. Put up the 60 bucks and prove us wrong, it'll be good for your business.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    So, you got your proof of less boost making more power by some new and more sophisticated means... Chrystal ball? Click here to enlarge
    Yup, got it on sale at a garage sale last night, great deal!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    To be honest I don't really care much either way. You're the one saying you are making 390rw with 12psi on pump gas so as they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence right? Click here to enlarge
    Oh really Click here to enlarge So what happened to you proving with data that you raised transmission line pressure? You throw it out there and then walk away without anything to back it up?

    By the way I never said this made X whp at X psi. That's what you keep saying. I said, once again, same car same flat level road datalog multiple runs on OTS Stage2+Agg graph them in vdyno. Then, same car same road same day load this other map, back to back runs, plot them and you see the vdyno curves overlap midrange and top end with peak torque lost down low. Let's not twist it around Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    To be honest I don't really care much either way. You're the one saying you are making 390rw with 12psi on pump gas so as they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence right? Click here to enlarge
    Well if its a flat 12 psi to redline you could lean the AFR out a hair and raise timing to get some power back. Stage2 aggressive targets around 15 psi at 5000 RPM heh.

    Probably can tweak it to be in the ballpark but it wont be ndentical. Might "feel" nice from the extra advance though.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Dont see why we have to cover your dyno bill when you're the ones making these claims. Put up the 60 bucks and prove us wrong, it'll be good for your business.
    I see this is going down a similar path when I told you guys there's a way to stack a piggy and a flash and you could get more fuel that way. Back then many were on my back for saying something like that and that it wasn't possible. I recall getting banned on e90 only for others to follow suit later. Don't be hating. Dynos will come and be posted as soon as I have an "official" dyno chart lol

    What a bunch of haters Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Well if its a flat 12 psi to redline you could lean the AFR out a hair and raise timing to get some power back. Stage2 aggressive targets around 15 psi at 5000 RPM heh.

    Probably can tweak it to be in the ballpark but it wont be ndentical. Might "feel" nice from the extra advance though.
    Do it lol
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I see this is going down a similar path when I told you guys there's a way to stack a piggy and a flash and you could get more fuel that way. Back then many were on my back for saying something like that and that it wasn't possible. I recall getting banned on e90 only for others to follow suit later. Don't be hating. Dynos will come and be posted as soon as I have an "official" dyno chart lol

    What a bunch of haters Click here to enlarge
    In that regard, there was hard proof the car leaned out without MAF fix. We had hard data to substantiate this claim. Right now you are making bold claims with nothing to show but vdyno numbers from a customer.

    Asking us to pay for your dyno time when you made some outlandish claim is simply ass backwards.

    Show us a real dyno sheet and ill be the first to congratulate you on a job well done.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    In that regard, there was hard proof the car leaned out without MAF fix. We had hard data to substantiate this claim. Right now you are making bold claims with nothing to show but vdyno numbers from a customer.

    Asking us to pay for your dyno time when you made some outlandish claim is simply ass backwards.

    Show us a real dyno sheet and ill be the first to congratulate you on a job well done.
    Ok you win, i don't know what i'm talking about, let's carry on
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Yup, got it on sale at a garage sale last night, great deal!



    Oh really Click here to enlarge So what happened to you proving with data that you raised transmission line pressure? You throw it out there and then walk away without anything to back it up?

    By the way I never said this made X whp at X psi. That's what you keep saying. I said, once again, same car same flat level road datalog multiple runs on OTS Stage2+Agg graph them in vdyno. Then, same car same road same day load this other map, back to back runs, plot them and you see the vdyno curves overlap midrange and top end with peak torque lost down low. Let's not twist it around Click here to enlarge
    Like I said I don't really care much. Glad the tuning is running well. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    What’s being claimed... boost, timing, AFR, and VANOS are the options. I’m sure we could play with VANOS a little more.

    Now that you are potentially matching req/actual more closely, I’d love to see some logs with varying throttle input.

    PTF does seem to be a little selective when posting corrected versus uncorrected dynos at times.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Like I said I don't really care much. Glad the tuning is running well. Click here to enlarge
    Yet you chose to say dynos or it didn't happen Click here to enlarge

    Glad this was entertaining to some, its Friday after all. When you get a chance to share data on that raised transmission line pressure I'd love to see it. I definitely care and would love to also be able to do it but until there's some concrete line pressure data to back it up it didn't happen Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    What’s being claimed... boost, timing, AFR, and VANOS are the options. I’m sure we could play with VANOS a little more.

    Now that you are potentially matching req/actual more closely, I’d love to see some logs with varying throttle input.

    PTF does seem to be a little selective when posting corrected versus uncorrected dynos at times.
    Oh hey Josh's in the house! Click here to enlarge Hi Josh!

    All I'm trying to say is there's some nice gains there to be made for specifically low boost setups that I or others out there haven't shown or maybe tried before or bothered trying...this road course type calibration won't be preferred by those looking for all out torque across the board...this is merely a different setup on low boost that happened to match pump gas numbers on the top end on lower boost and will work well on the road course due to nice linear power delivery...that is all
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 02-22-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Oh hey Josh's in the house! Click here to enlarge Hi Josh!
    Hello Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,915
    Rep Points
    3,963.9
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought this forum was where everyone was supposed to get along...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge.

    Ps, someone throw me some rep. Its sitting at 666 and I don't want no jinxes when I start tuning this weekend.. haha

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    This is also the forum where people tout stuff nobody has ever seen before, but then hold back on the details for some odd reason. Never a lack of drama...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,915
    Rep Points
    3,963.9
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    This is also the forum where people tout stuff nobody has ever seen before, but then hold back on the details for some odd reason. Never a lack of drama...
    Maybe just maybe Dzenno and Jake run a business tuning cars for a fee. They figure something out and you expect them to just post the exact details up so people do not need them to tune? Hmmmmmm, makes a bit more sense now doesn't it.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Maybe just maybe Dzenno and Jake run a business tuning cars for a fee. They figure something out and you expect them to just post the exact details up so people do not need them to tune? Hmmmmmm, makes a bit more sense now doesn't it.
    I didnt ask for details on how. I asked for a dyno sheet. I would imagine you would do the same with your stage 2/3 setup!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,915
    Rep Points
    3,963.9
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I didnt ask for details on how. I asked for a dyno sheet. I would imagine you would do the same with your stage 2/3 setup!
    I was not referring to you. I was directly referring the statement I quoted in my post.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I was not referring to you. I was directly referring the statement I quoted in my post.
    My bad sir.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,915
    Rep Points
    3,963.9
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    My bad sir.
    No worries at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •