Close

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Has around 1mph on me at the 1/8th. So maybe would trap 131 w/ 150rw more? Yay?

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Show me what this girl looks like and I'll tell you if she can drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    agree
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    she has to know how to drive a stick...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    she has to know how to drive a stick...
    Any girl can put a stick in their hands it's what they do with it that matters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    I went for broke on the 335xi platform, got ~480whp / 550wtq with FBO, dual meth nozzles and a large nitrous jet, didn't end up being what I wanted. I ended up with a low 9.x 60-130 and a mid 11 second quarter mile, trapping 122-123mph. Some guys get that with FBO E85 in the 135i/335i.

Drivetrain losses are higher than RWD and the car is nearly 4k lbs wet, not so hard to see where .5 in the 1/4 and 6-7mph go compared to the nitrous or RB 335i/135i's.

I love my car, and I loved it tuned, but as a drag platform it did let me down big time. Granted I didn't buy it for that exactly, which is why I still have my car, just tuned with Cobb or JB+ depending on what I feel like Click here to enlarge
    4000 lbs, is this a E92 convertible 335 or coupe?
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    4000 lbs, is this a E92 convertible 335 or coupe?
    Sedan...wish I had gotten the coupe Click here to enlarge

Minus seats, 1/8 tank and no driver it's just under 3700lbs. 145lbs of seats back in, 165lb driver and full tank of fuel put you just over 4klbs. I've weighed it on a truck scale and a track scale (4 individual scales). Front diff, transfer case, and (I think) a steel subframe vs 335i's aluminum add just over 200lbs compared to the 335i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...c1d13604-1.jpg
    eeeeeeven better comparison.

pretty sure noone let out in 4th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...c1d13604-1.jpg
    You were in a lightened 135i, no?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    You were in a lightened 135i, no?
    A 135i auto is 121# lighter than a 335i manual. Shiv said the driver was 60# less than his weigh and I bet I'm 40# heavier than he is. So net/net probably a wash there. I also had the passenger seat out and was on K1 rims. No doubt she did as well. They probably also have a light weight flywheel.

Figure 100# is maybe 15rw if you want to be conservative with it. So maybe worst case I wind up 100# lighter than they are only making 135rw more?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sedan...wish I had gotten the coupe Click here to enlarge

Minus seats, 1/8 tank and no driver it's just under 3700lbs. 145lbs of seats back in, 165lb driver and full tank of fuel put you just over 4klbs. I've weighed it on a truck scale and a track scale (4 individual scales). Front diff, transfer case, and (I think) a steel subframe vs 335i's aluminum add just over 200lbs compared to the 335i.
    AWD system adds 200 LBS, but it gives tractionClick here to enlarge
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does not always add 200 pounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Traction is great in the 335xi, but over 100mph the weight and drivetrain losses make it a different car compared to a 135i or 335i with the exact same engine mods. 4th gear the 335xi falls on it's face.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Traction is great in the 335xi, but over 100mph the weight and drivetrain losses make it a different car compared to a 135i or 335i with the exact same engine mods. 4th gear the 335xi falls on it's face.
    That's true for a stock car. However, for some people that's irrelevant because that's beyond speed limits, and for others, like this guy, it's not true for the power level. Nothing falls on it's face at 4-digit whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its not surprising the current VFF700 kits are trapping where they are at all. Why is everyone always so shocked? Look at the area under the curve and compare it to an all out RB setup. There isn't a huge difference in average power throughout the run to make it leaps and bounds faster trapping given their current tuning and power delivery.

That's not to say though the kit itself is not performing at all. Its just their current direction with tuning the kit and I'm sure they're not sharing 100% of their findings online. In someone else's hands the kit or a single car might show totally different numbers. My feeling is they're not pushing hard enough.

They just need to push that boost..unless they're out of fuel or they know something will break (or it already did) then it makes sense not to go any further..if this is indeed the case then the large turbo cars will just end up trapping on the stock motor 5-8mph higher than all out fully maxed (although far less efficient yet happier spooling) upgraded stock frame twins cars and that's that...i do have a feeling though that this is not the case and its lack of cojones to test limits on their own shop car is getting a bit in the way Click here to enlarge Given their fuel system is claimed to support 800hp afaik then its not fuel..crank it to 30psi already, lets see that torquey N54 make it or break it from too much power and not from inadequate tuning
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 02-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You seen Manti teo's girfriend? Looks exactly like her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Its not surprising the current VFF700 kits are trapping where they are at all. Why is everyone always so shocked? Look at the area under the curve and compare it to an all out RB setup. There isn't a huge difference in average power throughout the run to make it leaps and bounds faster trapping given their current tuning and power delivery.

That's not to say though the kit itself is not performing at all. Its just their current direction with tuning the kit and I'm sure they're not sharing 100% of their findings online. In someone else's hands the kit or a single car might show totally different numbers. My feeling is they're not pushing hard enough.

They just need to push that boost..unless they're out of fuel or they know something will break (or it already did) then it makes sense not to go any further..if this is indeed the case then the large turbo cars will just end up trapping on the stock motor 5-8mph higher than all out fully maxed (although far less efficient yet happier spooling) upgraded stock frame twins cars and that's that...i do have a feeling though that this is not the case and its lack of cojones to test limits on their own shop car is getting a bit in the way Click here to enlarge Given their fuel system is claimed to support 800hp afaik then its not fuel..crank it to 30psi already, lets see that torquey N54 make it or break it from too much power and not from inadequate tuning
    What makes you say the kit is good? I think the hardware is ok, but not really great.

I'd think if someone could tune it (clearly) better, someone would have tuned it better...

Couldn't agree with you more in that people are staring too much at the peak power. The peak power is there for a split second. Area under curve matters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    What makes you say the kit is good? I think the hardware is ok, but not really great.

I'd think if someone could tune it (clearly) better, someone would have tuned it better...

Couldn't agree with you more in that people are staring too much at the peak power. The peak power is there for a split second. Area under curve matters.
    I think the hardware is good. Can it be much better? I'm not a turbo hardware expert nor will I pretend to be so I can't comment on major improvements there. I'm sure everything can see improvement but I'm not the one to comment on it here.

In terms of "if someone could tune it better someone would have tuned it better", not sure I understand the argument. Are you saying they did all they could to get the most power out of the kit for the stock motor and what the kit can do?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I think the hardware is good. Can it be much better? I'm not a turbo hardware expert nor will I pretend to be so I can't comment on major improvements there. I'm sure everything can see improvement but I'm not the one to comment on it here.

In terms of "if someone could tune it better someone would have tuned it better", not sure I understand the argument. Are you saying they did all they could to get the most power out of the kit for the stock motor and what the kit can do?
    I would prefer twin scroll kit.

I'm saying that nothing ties the customers to a certain tune. If the tune would not be good, they would most likely change tunes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's true for a stock car. However, for some people that's irrelevant because that's beyond speed limits, and for others, like this guy, it's not true for the power level. Nothing falls on it's face at 4-digit whp.
    No, it's true for the tune 335xi, the meth + fbo 335xi, the meth + fbo + nitrous 335xi.

The xdrive system adds drag that is sucking power, from a dig it's great, from a roll it sucks when compared directly to a 335i. This is NOT true for all AWD platforms, the xdrive is certainly not comparable to systems in the GTR/P-cars/Evo/WRX. From my hundreds of vbox logs it is after 60mph where traction is no longer an issue, 60-100mph and 100-130mph there is a very big difference between 335i and 335xi even if lb/whp is nearly the same.

Beyond speed limits...yeah for those people I assume they don't worry much about the performance of their car anyway Click here to enlarge

4 digit whp in a 335xi would be pretty fun...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    duplicate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just so we understand each other, Last time I checked, Mahle supplied all BMW pistons. For Turbo Direct injection, mahle supplies Forged alluminum alloy pistons. I pointed this out in a very old thread on here, and dispite this, the general consensus was overwhelmingly in favor of the oem pistons being cast, not forged. Cast what, they didn't say, but folks on here insist it's cast. Again, just so we're clear here, you want Vishnu to push 800rwhp on "cast" pistons, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, it's true for the tune 335xi, the meth + fbo 335xi, the meth + fbo + nitrous 335xi.

The xdrive system adds drag that is sucking power, from a dig it's great, from a roll it sucks when compared directly to a 335i. This is NOT true for all AWD platforms, the xdrive is certainly not comparable to systems in the GTR/P-cars/Evo/WRX. From my hundreds of vbox logs it is after 60mph where traction is no longer an issue, 60-100mph and 100-130mph there is a very big difference between 335i and 335xi even if lb/whp is nearly the same.

Beyond speed limits...yeah for those people I assume they don't worry much about the performance of their car anyway Click here to enlarge

4 digit whp in a 335xi would be pretty fun...
    Yes, you arre correct. That applies not only to stock 335i, but to the typical tuned ones that you mentioned as well.

His 4.22s 60-130MPH would imply though, that adding awd would not cause his car to fall on it's face in 4th Click here to enlarge The awd traction is most likely needed for getting into 3's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would prefer twin scroll kit.
    I don't disagree.

I'm saying that nothing ties the customers to a certain tune. If the tune would not be good, they would most likely change tunes.
    Most likely not. By far most customers just want to have a fast car, period. Most people on the forums don't seem to grasp this concept as a lot of us are enthusiasts and many of us love to tinker with things infinitely. Also, I never said the tune is "not" good and I think there's a misunderstanding. I was indirectly posing a question and making a statement on power delivery saying is that all they're planning on doing on the stock motor and why.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I kinda agree with DZ… Shiv has the only “reliable” large turbo upgrade kit currently. Customer spending $X, doesn’t want to worry about the engine…. Blown motor would be negative marketing… even though many of us enthusiasts would not think so. When the time is right he’ll bump it up: timing, boost, rev limit… I hope anyway. The RB cars took awhile matching/beating LMs trap record cause the tuning, conditions, setup, driving skill all have to be right. And these are experienced racers with a goal: Oldbooster, Terry, DZ. ST passes 125 on a somewhat conservative tune without much effort. The power potential is there. Plus track rules are a hindrance… last time I was at the track, GTR had to leave for barely breaking 11.5 with 121 trap… depends on how strict they are I guess. Instead of letting off in 4th, role and sit for a sec would be my preference, but guys hit the track to race, launch.

Speaking of RBs doing 129mph… which is great! What’s the specifics in setups between Terry and OldBooster… the back halfs were very different by 4mph IIRC.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast