Close

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Unless the stage 3 car shoots into orbit, a unicorn appears in shotgun to hold the laptop after 22.5 PSI, and Michael Jay Fox is waiting at the end of the run with my own personal hoverboard, I don't even want to post results. Tough crowd!...Click here to enlarge
    its not on you to post results though, is VTT a tuner as well? there's an inherent difference. FFTEC did a great job of hardware, but hardware is useless w/o s/w and thats the shivs domain

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    to me, he's like sihk, just digs his own hole.
    thats because they use the same accounts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Unless the stage 3 car shoots into orbit, a unicorn appears in shotgun to hold the laptop after 22.5 PSI, and Michael Jay Fox is waiting at the end of the run with my own personal hoverboard, I don't even want to post results. Tough crowd!...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The majority of people here, although quiet, understand the process and just enjoy the updates. Don't worry about the haters.

Shiv's issues go much deeper than whether his turbo kit delivers ET's or misfires and his general car/tuning knowledge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

ok I want to lighten the mood

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Probably will when you're no longer participating in it.
    Why don't you just subtract 100 rep points, and prevent me from viewing it? See if I care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you just subtract 100 rep points, and prevent me from viewing it? See if I care.
    I don't hate you and was somewhat joking. Relax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Erm, letting off in 4th gear? WTF?

We want to see ludicrous speed!!

Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

We will get to you after we are done with Shiv. And it is about NOT posting results. Talking about the results, where are those? You should have a couple of APs already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its not on you to post results though, is VTT a tuner as well? there's an inherent difference. FFTEC did a great job of hardware, but hardware is useless w/o s/w and thats the shivs domain
    The hardware is great? Based on what?
    Looks to me the drivers suck the most though out of the hw/sw/driving combo. Shiv is the only one who drives well out of those people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    The hardware is great? Based on what?
    Looks to me the drivers suck the most though out of the hw/sw/driving combo. Shiv is the only one who drives well out of those people.
    Come on, we're talking about STRAIGHT LINE acceleration here. Yes, it takes a bit more skill to launch a 335i than a GTR, but srsly?? Click here to enlarge

If that's too difficult for a "driver", than just stick to 60-130 times Click here to enlarge

What's the point in putting $10k in a car to get 600whp if you can't drive straight or have to "let off in 4th"? Click here to enlarge
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Come on, we're talking about STRAIGHT LINE acceleration here. Yes, it takes a bit more skill to launch a 335i than a GTR, but srsly?? Click here to enlarge

If that's too difficult for a "driver", than just stick to 60-130 times Click here to enlarge

What's the point in putting $10k in a car to get 600whp if you can't drive straight or have to "let off in 4th"? Click here to enlarge
    I could imagine the girl getting afraid of the short braking area and letting off in 4th. Shiv did not let off in 4th and got into 10s. That is an example of what I mean by the driver being a factor here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    ok I want to lighten the mood
    "Drives 650whp car, afraid to use brakes"
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I could imagine the girl getting afraid of the short braking area and letting off in 4th. Shiv did not let off in 4th and got into 10s. That is an example of what I mean by the driver being a factor here.
    Really. 10's, was he using 6 meth nozzles and running DR's with no interior and a hidden fuel bladder too?

Stop being a sheep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Really. 10's, was he using 6 meth nozzles and running DR's with no interior and a hidden fuel bladder too?

Stop being a sheep.
    I don't read those straight line acceleration threads too much, but I believe he had 4 nozzles and upgraded fuel system. I believe that provides both the octane and fueling that was needed. If you think of it 4 nozzles is A LOT even from one meth pump only, and I'm sure there is no need for any more fuel / octane. We are not talking about 1000's worth of WHPs here. Unfortunately Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think by now there are enough options to choose from if u want to go single turbo , we got headers , we got flanges , we got turbo's , we have tuners , we have trans upgrade options, etc...
    So for everybody dying to see results , build your own damn single turbo and quit whining like a litlle $#@!.

Like Shiv said on E90post , it's the girls first time on the track , the brakes don't feel confident with the big slicks , and they were trying to get as much runs without getting kicked off the track , so reaching a 11.1 with letting of in 4th is very respectable.

Like i said STFU and go do it yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

driver mod is negligible argument. the chick obviously knew what she wanted, probably owned a few higher hp cars as well. i doubt this things is so fast it scared her.. remember, on a track, the safest place there is, you feel like your going slower than you are. so no reason to let off in 4th.

oh, btw, whats the mph for 4th gear...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

still waiting for the slip? i just trapped 130 in my fbo, stock turbo 335i... no one saw it though
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    still waiting for the slip? i just trapped 130 in my fbo, stock turbo 335i... no one saw it though
    Your logic is flawless sir!!! Fastest stock turbo car evar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    You want it all served on a plate? It's been on E90 post for a long time.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

^a 7.2 @ 103+ 1/8th is pretty good. Slicks right?

on a normal 6mt final drive (3.08) 4th starts at 110 and ends at 140mph.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've let off in 4th a few times, the ET isn't all that much different, for her to still trap 123mph it's not like she let off just past 1/8th or something. If anything she let off mid-way between 1/8th and 1/4 and had a good ET but it's not like she was going to trap 130+ on that run. Your ET doesn't go up/down much if you're still doing considerable MPH from 1/8th to 1/4 point...if you had wanted to let off in 4th for braking issues or to get under an ET you would just not run past the mid-point much.

7.2 1/8th isn't a guarantee of a high 10, need 7.0 to 7.1. Fast car obviously with the 1/8th trap but likely not any better than Shiv's car, which then again why should it be? Still a high 10.x, low 11.x 335i, not unlike Terry's RB 135i, or some of the other nitrous/upgraded turbo cars out there.

http://www.fl-thirdgen.org/quartermileconversion.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    baller ass traps... dont let off in 4th next time...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    driver mod is negligible argument. the chick obviously knew what she wanted, probably owned a few higher hp cars as well. i doubt this things is so fast it scared her.. remember, on a track, the safest place there is, you feel like your going slower than you are. so no reason to let off in 4th.

NO WAY aynone who gets scared at 140mph will put a big HP single turbo on his/her car.

Better stick to a Prius then...

Damn Shiv, if you're looking for excuses please come up with something credible. Or simply accept that 11.1 is pretty much the optimum at the current state of development of the kit and/or the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    on a normal 6mt final drive (3.08) 4th starts at 110 and ends at 140mph.
    i think we found our answer then.. no-one "let out" in fourth, unless your referring to the DME Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    i submit to you, for mph reference: 1000' is very similar, as is time. so where did the mph go?
    http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-BMW-335i-Specs-22767.html

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast