Close

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You guys are fun...

I fly back tomorrow and hope to get some preliminary runs and testing in this week and next weekend to start providing data on the Xi. Will I get to a track? Highly doubtful with everything else going on, but I'll provide what I can and let each forum shred it or praise it as they want.

I know the history of the holy war and bad blood and won't be engaging in any of it, just providing data with clear description of the scenario for all tests and current equipment on the car. If it does 10s, has awesome 60-130 times, and proves to be reliable that's great, but if not I'm sure the data will show why and we can all learn and advance the platform.

Here's hoping my car doesn't blow up in the first week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    You guys are fun...

I fly back tomorrow and hope to get some preliminary runs and testing in this week and next weekend to start providing data on the Xi. Will I get to a track? Highly doubtful with everything else going on, but I'll provide what I can and let each forum shred it or praise it as they want.

I know the history of the holy war and bad blood and won't be engaging in any of it, just providing data with clear description of the scenario for all tests and current equipment on the car. If it does 10s, has awesome 60-130 times, and proves to be reliable that's great, but if not I'm sure the data will show why and we can all learn and advance the platform.

3 things: Logs, timeslips/vbox files, video. Dont half-ass it like a certain someone does

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I can understand how people don't provide 1/4 mile times. Not every one is a (drag) strip junkie.

But 60-130 times should be easy to obtain as that only takes 6 seconds Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    I can understand how people don't provide 1/4 mile times. Not every one is a (drag) strip junkie.

But 60-130 times should be easy to obtain as that only takes 6 seconds Click here to enlarge
    I agree, but even the latter is too much for the most on this forum. Think about yourself, for example Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I agree, but even the latter is too much for the most on this forum. Think about yourself, for example Click here to enlarge
    Hey my car was broke for 4 months and RBs only went in two weeks ago Click here to enlarge

As soon as that effing winter is gone and roads are dry again I'll take my vbox for some measurements. I'm curious myself how the car now performs!! Butt dyno is happy but I want confirmation with numbers!
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I heart Vishnu.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I heart turtles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    You guys are fun...

prediction - 1/4 11.5@123+

60-130 ~ low 9's... high 8's
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    prediction - 1/4 [email]11.5@123 +

60-130 ~ low 9's... high 8's
    That would be disappointing.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    On the 335xi the high 8s wouldn't be disappointing.

When I had nitrous on my 335xi, I was seeing 60-130 in low 9s on 0% slope with 480awhp. The drivetrain loss is going to make the 60-130 seem slow on the 335xi, just remember the 0-60 should be <3 seconds, so an 10.8-11.0 run @ 125-127 is still a real possibility for 550awhp. At the end of the day it all comes down to weight and power when you've removed traction as a limiting factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    On the 335xi the high 8s wouldn't be disappointing.

When I had nitrous on my 335xi, I was seeing 60-130 in low 9s on 0% slope with 480awhp. The drivetrain loss is going to make the 60-130 seem slow on the 335xi, just remember the 0-60 should be <3 seconds, so an 10.8-11.0 run @ 125-127 is still a real possibility for 550awhp. At the end of the day it all comes down to weight and power when you've removed traction as a limiting factor.
    RB's perform to those predictions. Like you said, drivetrain loss is going to make a difference so that is yet to be seen. Personally, if I am spending 3X the cost of upgraded twins, it better perform MUCH better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    u better start preparing then lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Yes Lost Marine we all know you were the first to say the 6AT's will have issues, but I really think there are a lot of good things happening in the 6AT world that will help any upgraded turbo set up.
    No shiv, I was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I said the N54 ATs will have issues in 2006, when I bought my MT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

On a side note, does anyone think a day will come when the N54 community is not at each others throat about every freaking thing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    On a side note, does anyone think a day will come when the N54 community is not at each others throat about every freaking thing?
    But then our days at work would become a lot slower and less entertaining. lol
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    But then our days at work would become a lot slower and less entertaining. lol
    haha yes and no. Yes because some of it is truly entertaining to read, but no because without this drama we could evolve the platform much further, faster.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    they are all "test runs" shiv is well aware that no cage is only a rule that you get kicked for AFTER going faster, not the cause of not being able to go faster..

hes still chasing blown motors? man this guy must think we forget that he's blown at least 3, plus the 2 in his car..
    Someone called him out on the cage & got deleted. He is also back to the "stock suspension is OK" bull $#@! that I got banned for challenging him on, sales must be crappy if people have to pony up for a proper suspension build.

""There is nothing wrong with the stock suspension. It's a bit floaty and requires a bit more driver patience/forethought. I still have plenty of fun with stock suspension single turbo cars. Not in the same way I enjoy my JRZ-equipped car. Both are fun but in very different ways.""
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-25-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    just so we are all on the same page, i hope no one is expecting higher traps, a stronger top end and a better 60-130 out of an XI vehicle because that is absurd... it may get slightly better ETs at a great expense of the differentials, transfer cases and top end... that is all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    haha yes and no. Yes because some of it is truly entertaining to read, but no because without this drama we could evolve the platform much further, faster.
    actually, the opposite. the drama is what drives participation. w/o pressure from all sides, people would be content with whats currently available. ie vishnu no bms, rbs no vtt stg 3.. arguments incite emotion, emotion creates action, action results in research, and research posted repeats the cycle..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    just so we are all on the same page, i hope no one is expecting higher traps, a stronger top end and a better 60-130 out of an XI vehicle because that is absurd... it may get slightly better ETs at a great expense of the differentials, transfer cases and top end... that is all
    noone expects higher traps, but a blistering ET better be performed. if you take traction out of it, and man up (woman?) then launch that $#@! like its your job.. because it is. what else is someone going to the drags for if not to be fast? i would "expect" 128 mph traps in an xi though
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Someone called him out on the cage & got deleted. He is also back to the "stock suspension is OK" bull $#@! that I got banned for challenging him on, sales must be crappy if people have to pony up for a proper suspension build.

""There is nothing wrong with the stock suspension. It's a bit floaty and requires a bit more driver patience/forethought. I still have plenty of fun with stock suspension single turbo cars. Not in the same way I enjoy my JRZ-equipped car. Both are fun but in very different ways.""
    what a surprise. shivpost deletes a post basically calling him on BS. i wasnt aware of the cage he had, not anyone has at the dragstrips.. i guess it only happens at private events? yea, i hear the logic.. "lets not do anything outstanding now, so we can come back later.."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

noone expects higher traps, but a blistering ET better be performed. if you take traction out of it, and man up (woman?) then launch that $#@! like its your job.. because it is. what else is someone going to the drags for if not to be fast? i would "expect" 128 mph traps in an xi though

what a surprise. shivpost deletes a post basically calling him on BS. i wasnt aware of the cage he had, not anyone has at the dragstrips.. i guess it only happens at private events? yea, i hear the logic.. "lets not do anything outstanding now, so we can come back later.."
    if u look a few posts up... i am very confident my performance predictions will ring true... bcuz no one will launch it like a man and if they do; they will break $#@!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    noone expects higher traps, but a blistering ET better be performed. if you take traction out of it, and man up (woman?) then launch that $#! like its your job.. because it is. what else is someone going to the drags for if not to be fast? i would "expect" 128 mph traps in an xi though

Put it back in your pants little guy. I think a mother of 2, running 11.1s, while letting off in 4th at her FIRST time at the strip is pretty outstanding. With a 6mt no less. I heard you can't even drive a stick. You should hush up now. But please don't. You're funny.
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 02-25-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Put it back in your pants little guy. I think a mother of 2, running 11.1s, while letting off in 4th at her FIRST time at the strip is pretty outstanding. With a 6mt no less. I heard you can't even drive a stick. You should hush up now. But please don't. You're funny.
    Women should be faster since they are lighter. Unless she is a hog.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast