Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Agreed that it's a high priority, just need to start the negotiations or be prepared to sleep in the rain for years to come. I'm hoping to have it done within a month or two when travel schedules will settle down. The way it is now I'm sure it would be a scary ride around corners at speed and the nose lift is ridiculous on straight line shots.

Maybe I need to try trading suspension work for the few pairs of shoes that seem to come home with each of her business trips

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Even though I can't call you OP, thanks for getting this back on track buddy. Hope your car can get as much of the budget as your wife's accessories get Click here to enlarge Be awesome to see her up and running with video. Take your time though man, rushing things can get you into unwanted trouble.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see your still acting like a child!!

Look at this all the I hate Sikh cause I got banned peeps want to neg rep. That's fine shows the extent of their anger and childish nature. Rep based on emotions.
    lol, i guess if thats how you justify it.. i think the consensus is rep=contributions+knowledge. you have negatives of both, hence your soon to be neg rep. can you understand that, or do you need an english to fuktard translation?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why are u still here move on!!! I'm a Troll you don't even own a 335. I wasn't a member 2 years ago and the negative wrap that Level 10 has versus 517 states they are not the same but hey your correct in that Sam did work at L10 at some point. You I can wait to shut up that's for sure. We will see.
    lol, yes, why am i still here? im here because people like you and shiv still try to push BS, BS that i called out 3+ years ago now. so as long as there is $#@! to be shoveled back, ill be there to do the dirty work. hey, why are you still here, shouldnt you be out enjoying your uber awesome ST 335 with no issues and can run 9's with traction, 10's on street tires, and nasty 60-130's because you dont have tuning issues? i thought a months ago you told me your gonna "shut me up" and "just wait, you'll see.."
    dont go away mad kid.. just go away..

oh, how ironic, yea, 517 is miles from level10, former employees. seems like i kinda knew what i was talking about.. interesting, but why am i still here..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Even living in Colorado, this is the first time I've ever regretted not getting AWD. Between this and the V3s, there are some great options popping up!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wonder how long till the transfer case blows up.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

all i am waiting to see is a reliable, daily driven, consistent 10 second car as was promised... this means no all out slicks, replaced gearing and so forth... if that can't be done, then shiv failed on his promise...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will definitely be daily driven, and hopefully once suspension and a few other minor supporting mods are added (intake, maybe DD-supported weight reduction, etc) it will be consistent 10s, but we will see. Yes, if launching often we will see how the transfer case holds up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    And damn, please think about an app for the forum Sticky, much better for keeping up while traveling or on the road
    Quite aware of this. Please think of the thousands of dollars to get it right...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    wonder how long till the transfer case blows up.
    I would definetly not want to be the pioneer on the AWD front for this reason, noone knows how the AWD system will hold up at these power levels. New parts will be very expensive to replace and used parts will be hard to find. It would be great if the AWD system can withstand long term abuse but I doubt BMW built it with much overhead in mind. AWD systems like on the Evo and GTR's have years of racing development.
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    It will definitely be daily driven, and hopefully once suspension and a few other minor supporting mods are added (intake, maybe DD-supported weight reduction, etc) it will be consistent 10s, but we will see. Yes, if launching often we will see how the transfer case holds up
    good luck man, a lot has been said, little has been done so far... Shiv promised a daily driven 10 second car with a luxurious interior and all of the qualities and aspects of a Bmw. None of this has come to play yet... be the first please
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    I would definetly not want to be the pioneer on the AWD front for this reason, noone knows how the AWD system will hold up at these power levels. New parts will be very expensive to replace and used parts will be hard to find. It would be great if the AWD system can withstand long term abuse but I doubt BMW built it with much overhead in mind. AWD systems like on the Evo and GTR's have years of racing development.
    Here in Colorado we've got a drivetrain guy that loves fooling with the stuff and has already picked up a couple of BMW transfer cases and gone through them so that he's ready when we start breaking them. He likes what he sees so far. I'm not worried that the transfer case will be a deal breaker on going fast with the XI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

^good news for XI guys!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    The 335xi all wheel drive is hardly as beefy or sophisticated as some of the other systems out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I love my XI and couldn't live without the AWD, but I much prefer the AWD on my 2002 WRX.

So far my transfer case has been fine and I've put 93,000 miles on the car. I don't go to 1/4mile tracks. So i'm not (and never will) launch on prepped surfaces which is what would most likely be the killer
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don’t want to be a downer, but I think everyone hoping for a daily 10 second car without a LOT of work is kidding themselves. With current turbo options and reasonable supporting mods, the n54 is good for around max 600 crank HP. 10 second daily driver cars with 600hp or less are awds cars running dual clutches (gtr is a tank but has amazing trans programing and 997.2tt pdk is all around gross). For the n54 platform to push 10 seconds, you are talking a car pushing more than double its stock power levels, which requires a seriously over engineered overall platform even if the engine can handle it. Based on the overall lack of folks hitting 10s supports that this platform has serious limits that we need to accept.

Yes, with proper mods, anything is possible, but that will costs some $$$. Someone hoping to drop $5-10k into a used 07 and hitting the track for some 10s will be disappointed for some time.

All that being said, I hope some Vargas3s make me eat my words.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I think 10s for less than 10k is doable. Our 2008 135 has run 11.1@129 so far on a 1.8 60'. Mods are JB4, RB turbos, bms flash, bms downpipes, bms dci, bms occ, n55 midpipes, ebay intercooler, walbro pump. Also has a posi and k1 rims. Less than $10k retail installed.

On the FFTEC Xi kit it looks promising. With a manual trans he should be able to launch high enough to get in to the narrow power band. Maybe this will be the first single turbo customer car to run faster than 11.5? Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-20-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think 10s for less than 10k is doable.
    For sure
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Terry, was that at full weight?

Also, how do you say in one para its doable and in the next call out STs customers for not being able to do it?

And when I say a 10 second daily driver, I mean a car that you can drive from work to the track without changing anything on it, and pusting down consistent 10 second runs. Not reduced weight drag radial cars that needed 25+ passes to get a glory run off. I mean a car that drops consistent strong runs.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

At LM

I get it this is all you have left nothing better to do no contribution to the real world simply hero on a forum. Either way as stated my Trans is pulled and being built. As for months ago people have lives I don't live every day thinking about your sorry ass. But time will tell if you think it won't your more of a prick than I thought. Not one person who owns a Single Turbo ran around before Shift Sector hyping it up. You saw vendors other members everyone else, but you won't find one member hyping his own car. So since your the Guru of this forum if its common sense as you stated that the Trans won't work at this power why keep harping about the kit and tuning. If Captain Insano has run his Single turbo on a road course countless times and has not issue as a MT car and a road course is more grueling than a 1/4mile why keep bashing the kit. If your so great and wise why did you sell your car. If your Trans fix was the undisputed and brought to the community why is no one using it as a road map for the 6AT's. you can now say hey guys i mentioed 517trans yeara back but thats irrelivent since you did not use them and nor has anyone else in this here this makes them new. You have a man crush on Shiv and want to spew crap out when you see his name. Rep does not equal contribution in this case rep equals a few small boys trying to bully people because they are but hurt. I think I have contributed enough I still own the highest HP 335 6AT and am still pushing it to find a solution for the Trans. What are you contributing captin save a hoe, hanginging out on a forum all day. Neg rep me I could give a $#@!, I've dealt with small men like you before big types to make up for small everything else.

Me I don't like people talking $#@! on members that are putting Hugh amounts of money in to keep pushing the platform and talked $#@! on by people like you who have given up on it and sold you cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You people are a lost cause. All the $#@! talking in this thread. Terry you know very well that I'm waiting for a Trans. You also know very well that the Trans codes are much more pronounced at 600whp than at the power you are running so why bash the customers if we are working to a common goal. Your snide remarks being selective in your working to take jabs at customers is exactly the crap I talked about with you face to face at Shift Sector.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

You people are a lost cause. All the $#@! talking in this thread. Terry you know very well that I'm waiting for a Trans. You also know very well that the Trans codes are much more pronounced at 600whp than at the power you are running so why bash the customers if we are working to a common goal.
    Because shiv post annoys everyone with the fanboy'ism that it presents as well as the select group of members.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

T, people have blown quite a few TC on XI already. I think this ST XI at a drag strip is a time bomb. I doubt it ever runs 10s. If I recall someone was running FBO + Meth and NOS on an XI and couldn't beat 11.5. 335i are just not great 1/4mi cars and are VERY hard to drag race so even if a rare 335i or XI was capable more than likely the driver isn't. 135i are a little different. I think we'll see a couple RB 135i in the 10s possibly. Look at Dzenno's Best, 11.4 I think. He'll prob be the only other 335i in the 10s but how much time and $$$$ is in that car?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think 10s for less than 10k is doable. Our 2008 135 has run 11.1@129 so far on a 1.8 60'. Mods are JB4, RB turbos, bms flash, bms downpipes, bms dci, bms occ, n55 midpipes, ebay intercooler, walbro pump. Also has a posi and k1 rims. Less than $10k retail installed.

On the FFTEC Xi kit it looks promising. With a manual trans he should be able to launch high enough to get in to the narrow power band. Maybe this will be the first single turbo customer car to run faster than 11.5? Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

You people are a lost cause. All the $#@! talking in this thread. Terry you know very well that I'm waiting for a Trans. You also know very well that the Trans codes are much more pronounced at 600whp than at the power you are running so why bash the customers if we are working to a common goal. Your snide remarks being selective in your working to take jabs at customers is exactly the crap I talked about with you face to face at Shift Sector.
    Take a break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, was that at full weight?

Also, how do you say in one para its doable and in the next call out STs customers for not being able to do it?

And when I say a 10 second daily driver, I mean a car that you can drive from work to the track without changing anything on it, and pusting down consistent 10 second runs. Not reduced weight drag radial cars that needed 25+ passes to get a glory run off. I mean a car that drops consistent strong runs.
    These are BMWs not Chevy Camaros. There is not much you can gut from the car other than the passenger seat. Mine has been out for months and has been on K1 rims for years. I drop my 6yr old son off at school with the car a few times per week. Does that count as a daily driver? Click here to enlarge I could go jump in the car right this moment and match those traps 10 runs in a row. Traction on the other hand is difficult at these power levels so I can't guarantee the 60' times.

On ST times, they have their own challenges. If the price limit is 10k for starters their kit is around 9k installed before you add on the extra supporting parts. So I don't think we'll see a FFTEC single turbo car running 10s for 10k retail any time soon. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast