Close

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    There's no guarantee that your Single Turbo-6AT issues will go away once you upgrade your trans. And just like you're dealing with it, it'll be a bridge the Vargas Stage 3 users will cross when they get their. It also requires a small flood of Meth for the kit to run "as advertised", but we'll chalk that up to a fueling system short coming.

The difference is the Vargas Stage 3s aren't for sale to the public, they're still in the testing phase. Shiv is trying to pass off a kit that only recently has started working, as advertised, on the 6MTs.

Side Note -- Be interesting to see how the DCT responds to the Single Turbo/Vargas Stage 3s
    I'm confident this is the last issue, if its not I'm going for a GTR Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    My reputation is not based on what I know rather on people who were banned from e90post
    Your rep is based on the constant nonsense that pours out of your mouth.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Reputation is a funny thing had your kit been first tuned by Vishnu as you wanted then you would have had the same reputation that I do. My reputation is not based on what I know rather on people who were banned from e90post and blame me for their ban. Not to mention that I was also banned from e90post for 3 months plus. But your answer does not address the specific tuning issue you are referring to. I was at the event the three ST autos had Trans related codes and issues not turbo Kit or engine related. Captin Insano was the other Single Turbo MT and his car had zero issue which he has stated many times. You can spew misinformation and not listen to actual customers end users that were at the event or you can act like a vendor and back up your claim with a specific issue in tuning. I have been very up front withy Trans issues hell I'm spending $5000 plus on a vendor that is new to this community but its all in moving forward. I'm not looking for an argument I'm looking for a spec of truth in your claim don't act like your not bashing when you are. If you wanna learn one thing from why people hate on Shiv it's acting like your kit works when you just started it up. Just give me
    a specific cause $#@! I own it and it in my car and the only issue I'm working with is Trans.
    Who is the man in the relationship, you or Shiv?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Your rep is based on the constant nonsense that pours out of your mouth.
    Bingo
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets get one thing straight up front if it isn't already. I have no issues with anything vishu has put out. Shiv is good business man and made a great product and I respect him 100% for getting his kit built as early as he did. I am just curious if any tuning changes are being made to get the kit to the performance level I know it is capable of. That was my question, if that wasn't clear, it is now. I mean we were going to tune our kit with a procede due to the Cobb boost limit and if they cant get the code done in time we will still prob go that route. @Sikh335 I wasn't bashing you, so don't think I was. We are all in this together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Since i'm limited to one post per day, I'll reply to your post on the other forum. You guys can copy it back here and go at it but I will not be participating in it. Too many things to do and too little time to engage in what always turns out to be a side show.
    No problem, I will check it out. You should know I was not attacking you. I have known you since the days of tuning my Turbo VW on a TEC-II. Just curious on the tuning side of things. Thats it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My reputation is not based on what I know rather on people who were banned from e90post and blame me for their ban.
    It's based on your own behavior stop blaming others. Hence your butt kissing as of late and look, all of a sudden positive numbers. Funny how an attitude change does that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Since i'm limited to one post per day, I'll reply to your post on the other forum. You guys can copy it back here and go at it but I will not be participating in it. Too many things to do and too little time to engage in what always turns out to be a side show.
    I love when he plays the sacrificial tuner role. I'm tearing up here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    depends on who is taking it anally decides who responds first, sikh or shiv.. do not be fooled, he is a troll at the highest level. he says he is going with a completely new vendor for his trans build.. oh, one of the 3 shops i posted about 2 years ago to rebuild mine, the one that is 18 miles away from level 10 and i believe former employees, and even told me they all have the same products..
    damn, paying over 5k for it too? hope that includes shipping.

notice how he never responded to the fact that tuning is far from solved due to the fact we can go quote people on "shutting me up" but yet, none have done just that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm confident this is the last issue, if its not I'm going for a GTR Click here to enlarge
    Can't argue with that, but I'm just surprised at this point that most people coming from the N54 wouldn't wait it out for the F3x M3/M4. Let's you do something new & stay in a BMW Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I love when he plays the sacrificial tuner role. I'm tearing up here.
    So how about we give him 2 posts a day, then no more excuses.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't argue with that, but I'm just surprised at this point that most people coming from the N54 wouldn't wait it out for the F3x M3/M4. Let's you do something new & stay in a BMW Click here to enlarge

its called the shiv rule for a reason, he abused the abilty to speak freely

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

I'll get back to him regarding this just as quickly as he has gotten back to some of our users regarding product support issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's based on your own behavior stop blaming others. Hence your butt kissing as of late and look, all of a sudden positive numbers. Funny how an attitude change does that.
    Glad to see your still acting like a child!!

Look at this all the I hate Sikh cause I got banned peeps want to neg rep. That's fine shows the extent of their anger and childish nature. Rep based on emotions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony@VargasTurbo writes:
    Quote:
    Not bashing Shiv in anyway as that's not my thing and I think his hardware is super solid, just noting it seems rather backwards to not get the tuning bugs out of a 2WD platform. Then your next big announcement is, hey guys we took the same kit we were having issues tuning and now it fits a an AWD version... Shiv, can you address any of the tuning issues you guys were having and if you have addressed these on the AWD kit?

Hi Tony,
    I would like to know what "tuning bugs" you are referring to. You mentioned that there are some boost control issues. This isn't the case as evident by the dozens of logs I and others have posted. It's not very difficult to control a pressure actuated single wastegated system so by no means am I tooting any horns here. The factory/upgraded twins which rely on vacuum tanks and reverse actuation pose far more of a tuning challenge as you will probably learn when you start on the tuning end of things.

The other "tuning bug" you often refer to is the high RPM misfire that was reported on tmo's car at the last Shiftsector event. This was determined to be due to issues with using a single mass flywheel on a high output car. You will run into this as well unless you go with a SMFW or disable misfire detection. tmo's misfire issue was resolved as expected. As well as others who ran the factory DMFW and replaced it with a SMFW. Again, I don't consider this a tuning issue but rather a transmission hardware issue that the community, after so many years, has learned and is now benefiting from. Including the tuner (dzenno) who will be tuning your Stg 3 turbos. I believe this revelation came as a surprise to him considering all the issues he has had with his ongoing (and underlying) misfire problem. The problem could have been solved by just running a SMFW that is up to the task in high output applications. That, in my book, is far better than any software patch that just hides the problem.

The other problem that you referred to is 6AT shifting issues. Primarily the issue when shifting from 4th to 5th at WOT. At high power levels, this results in a back-and-forth shift event (4th->5th->4th gear) as documented by just about everyone running a high power 6AT application. This includes RB turbos (and presumably your stg2/stg3) turbos when you get them running with an appropriately strong tune. Again, these aren't tuning issues. But rather transmission hardware issues. Fortunately, the only happen at 125+mph (4th to 5th) and not during usual enthusiastic driving. But given cn555's latest findings with the Alpina TCU code and Sihk335's upcoming testing of a fully built transmission, this issue (which, once again, effects everyone running high powered twin turbo and single turbo applications, should be resolved soon.

Tony@VargasTurbo also writes:
    Quote:
    Lets get one thing straight up front if it isn't already. I have no issues with anything vishu has put out. Shiv is good business man and made a great product and I respect him 100% for getting his kit built as early as he did. I am just curious if any tuning changes are being made to get the kit to the performance level I know it is capable of. That was my question, if that wasn't clear, it is now. I mean we were going to tune our kit with a procede due to the Cobb boost limit and if they cant get the code done in time we will still prob go that route. @Sikh335 I wasn't bashing you, so don't think I was. We are all in this together.

Everything is completely clear and I hope you don't mind me addressing your post here on this forum. I just want to point, in advance, that you will unlikely be able to run your Stg3 turbos with the standard Procede twin turbo (or single turbo) firmware successfully. You definitely would require custom firmware to control boost as well as it can be controlled. Perhaps your tuning issues you mentioned are based upon what you've seen while running your Stg3 car. If so, I'm not surprised as there is no publicly available firmware capable of doing what you need it to do with your Stg3 hardware. It's all pretty simple stuff to adapt too but that would take some collaboration. And I'm not sure how amenable you are to that given your comments on the other forum.

At the end of the day, we are all here to push the state of the art and make customers happy. Sometimes that involves unexpected collaborations which makes things interesting.

All the best,
    Shiv
    /Discuss ? Via other forum

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of coarse there's no tuning issues going on. I mean that's obvious by the dozens(if not hundreds) of independent dynos, 60-130 times, drag slips and datalogs. Ohh wait, we've actually seen none of that.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Glad to see your still acting like a child!!

Look at this all the I hate Sikh cause I got banned peeps want to neg rep. That's fine shows the extent of their anger and childish nature. Rep based on emotions.
    I think I'm content to let you bury yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, you almost had it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think I'm content to let you bury yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, you almost had it.
    That's fine sticky if you really think that my neg reps are not related to the fact that I defend the ST kit that's in my car and the fact that my only issue is my Trans. You must be slow. The positive rep received was because I posted about my Trans build not kissing up to anyone. But hey I'm sure your right your sites positive rep rating is short lived.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's fine sticky if you really think that my neg reps are not related to the fact that I defend the ST kit that's in my car and the fact that my only issue is my Trans. You must be slow. The positive rep received was because I posted about my Trans build not kissing up to anyone. But hey I'm sure your right your sites positive rep rating is short lived.
    You should probably just move on man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    depends on who is taking it anally decides who responds first, sikh or shiv.. do not be fooled, he is a troll at the highest level. he says he is going with a completely new vendor for his trans build.. oh, one of the 3 shops i posted about 2 years ago to rebuild mine, the one that is 18 miles away from level 10 and i believe former employees, and even told me they all have the same products..
    damn, paying over 5k for it too? hope that includes shipping.

notice how he never responded to the fact that tuning is far from solved due to the fact we can go quote people on "shutting me up" but yet, none have done just that.
    Why are u still here move on!!! I'm a Troll you don't even own a 335. I wasn't a member 2 years ago and the negative wrap that Level 10 has versus 517 states they are not the same but hey your correct in that Sam did work at L10 at some point. You I can wait to shut up that's for sure. We will see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky Buddy ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    "You definitely would require custom firmware to control boost as well as it can be controlled. Perhaps your tuning issues you mentioned are based upon what you've seen while running your Stg3 car."

what a ridiculous statement to make .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Wait, you got a little pussy hair on ya. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well that degraded quickly...

Anyway, I'll try to provide as much information on how the Xi handles the single once I get back next wek. 0-60 times (may be somewhat driver impaired as I get used to it, surrogate drivers may be welcome), 60-130 times, independent dyno so there aren't questions about shop specific matters, and any logging folks are interested in when I can fit it in between work and other obligations.

The car still needs suspension, but is putting power down very well despite raising its nose to the sky on acceleration, but that will be a while before I can convince my wife dropping more money on the car is a good thing.

And damn, please think about an app for the forum Sticky, much better for keeping up while traveling or on the road

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    The car still needs suspension, but is putting power down very well despite raising its nose to the sky on acceleration, but that will be a while before I can convince my wife dropping more money on the car is a good thing.
    With only modest bolt ons the stock Xi susp is terrible, nose shoots for the sky like there is zero rebound damping, bottoming on everything, pitching and rolling like a tiny boat in a storm. If you had the coin for a ST kit just drop another 1k on some Koni/Eibachs or Bilstein/Eibachs, makes all the difference in the world. Also I would not be surprised if you started breaking things with all that power and a flaccid susp. once you start hammering it. You don't need to spend 3k on coilovers to nail it down and if later you decide to move up you can sell the susp for a good fraction of what you bough it for.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast