Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Currently at 22psi, 91 CA pump gas, and meth. Keeping things conservative overall to start and allow time to get used to the new behavior of the car and test before upping it and seeing how transfer case and other various still stock components do.

Definitely a blast to drive day to day and it is remarkably well-behaved when driving in commute and errand traffic. Hoping the weather cooperates this weekend to get out for half a day of testing on better roads so I can get multiple runs in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Those are good numbers for an XI with all the drivetrain losses (I suppose partially negated by the 6MT but still). I'm assuming you haven't had any head work? I'd be really interested to see the power and torque curve on that dyno! That turbo is undoubtedly much more efficient up high, but I have a feeling that we will be more limited by our head than anything else with big turbo(s) making big numbers. Small ports are nice for building velocity down low for the flow potential and characteristics of stock/modified twins, but I have a feeling it's wasted on the spool-up of a big single and a pretty big restriction for them up high, which is where they shine. Interesting nonetheless, good work and thanks for the reply.

Any predictions on how far the transfer case can go? I'm not familiar with X-drive at all, but it sounds like fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    It put 519 to the wheels on the mustang dyno at FFTEC, but that's with 91 and meth. I don't have any data for any runs without meth, but as I work with Shiv and FFTEC to build out the platform I'll try to keep feeding data as we hit milestones in the evolution from a conservative tune on just pump and meth to something more aggressive.
    maybe i missed it, why did you let in 4th during your runs at the strip the last time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    maybe i missed it, why did you let in 4th during your runs at the strip the last time?
    The letting off in 4th wasn't me, that was Melissa in her 335i. The Xi hasn't been to the strip yet as I've only had it back for about a week and a half now (2 and half weeks, but was out on vacation for the first week).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

22psi is a lot of boost! Coming to shift sector in April? Should be a good opportunity for lots of high speed testing.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    22psi is a lot of boost! Coming to shift sector in April? Should be a good opportunity for lots of high speed testing.
    Tossing the bait are we..

Now to be fair, lots can happen between now and than and trying to get people to confirm that they will be their isn't really fair. Because if they back out it will be smeared it. If they show up and loose it gets smeared.

Hope for videos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately I am the best man in a wedding in Florida that weekend and I doubt the bride would reschedule on my account. If there are other events coming I'd love to get them on my schedule so I can compare to others real time.

I thought I saw some of the non AWD ST guys said they were planning on it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Unfortunately I am the best man in a wedding in Florida that weekend and I doubt the bride would reschedule on my account. If there are other events coming I'd love to get them on my schedule so I can compare to others real time.
    Go to a test an tune at your local dragstrip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Tossing the bait are we..

Now to be fair, lots can happen between now and than and trying to get people to confirm that they will be their isn't really fair. Because if they back out it will be smeared it. If they show up and loose it gets smeared.

Hope for videos!
    Nah.. If he can get the 60-130 down to the high 7s he should be competitive with everyone. No better way to test the car out than the stretch its legs to 160 in a safe environment. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely. A safe and long stretch of the legs would be awesome. Hope I can get to the next airport event that shows up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    But then our days at work would become a lot slower and less entertaining. lol
    lololol +1
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I thought I saw some of the non AWD ST guys said they were planning on it
    Brides can be so unreasonable about that kind of thing. Click here to enlarge Thing is its nice to see you posting & best of luck when you do get to run it.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    my moneys on VTT stg3's having real #s before anything shiv does
    ding ding ding

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516