Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Well hello Cobb!

Well the time had come to mix things up. I formally ran a Procede 2.5, and while it was ok it never ran the way I would have expected. After a lot of research, I decided to give COBB a shot, and boy am I glad I did! Click here to enlarge Its like night and day. I also need to give a shout out to Terry@BMS for a the spark plug socket and extremely fast shipping! I never expected to get it by Friday since I ordered mid week, but it was shipped within a half hour of me placing the order! Great service! As for plugs, I opted for NGK 5992's. All in all I am very happy with my switch, and would highly recommend COBB to anyone looking for a tune. Also, my current mods are just DCI and the tune, adding my CPE IC here in a week or so, then a 93 and e85 tune by ProTUNING Freaks. Here are some pics, and my old plugs (45k on them, 12k Procede tuned). Going left to right 1-6 (front to back). Thanks for looking!Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

plugs look good, usually theres a big variation between 1st and last plug... They are usually slightly white, believe thats a sign of running lean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

enjoy the cobb, I think they are great!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    Well the time had come to mix things up. I formally ran a Procede 2.5, and while it was ok it never ran the way I would have expected. After a lot of research, I decided to give COBB a shot, and boy am I glad I did! Click here to enlarge Its like night and day. I also need to give a shout out to Terry@BMS for a the spark plug socket and extremely fast shipping! I never expected to get it by Friday since I ordered mid week, but it was shipped within a half hour of me placing the order! Great service! As for plugs, I opted for NGK 5992's. All in all I am very happy with my switch, and would highly recommend COBB to anyone looking for a tune. Also, my current mods are just DCI and the tune, adding my CPE IC here in a week or so, then a 93 and e85 tune by ProTUNING Freaks. Here are some pics, and my old plugs (45k on them, 12k Procede tuned). Going left to right 1-6 (front to back). Thanks for looking!http://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...4398885c-1.jpghttp://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...5bca2681-1.jpghttp://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...1da61a44-1.jpghttp://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...f7c0c41e-1.jpg
    Can you please expand on the highlighted? Very strong statements there...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    enjoy the cobb, I think they are great!
    Thanks man, I highly recommend it! Now I just need to get PTF tuned Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Can you please expand on the highlighted? Very strong statements there...
    Nothing new really. The car never felt right. No matter what I did to altar the tunes, it felt as if the tune was always playing catch up to conditions and the car. My car would max trims on low boost and 93 and I would try to get some support but that was a JOKE! The car pulls like no other now and will spin second where it never did that before. The car is much smoother now on and off boost and is much more predictable. It drives like stock, but will put you back in the seat when you want it. Wish I would have done this sooner!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Congrats! if you think the car pulls now, wait until you get the PTF tune for E85 (make sure you at least have an IC) Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! if you think the car pulls now, wait until you get the PTF tune for E85 (make sure you at least have an IC) Click here to enlarge
    I cant wait! have a CPE IC going in hopefully this week! Already looking at LSD next and a Lock down kit lol IT NEVER ENDS!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Old plugs don't look too bad. Glad you're enjoying the car again. NGKs properly gapped do work very well on this platform...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Old plugs don't look too bad. Glad you're enjoying the car again. NGKs properly gapped do work very well on this platform...
    Thanks Dzenno. I decided on them after reading PTF Blog post Click here to enlarge now I just need my IC put on so I can get you guys to tune my car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    and I would try to get some support but that was a JOKE!
    I'm shocked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm shocked.
    I smell sarcasm. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/