Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Upgraded Transmission mount DIY

Note: Not responsible for any damage to you or your car, this worked on my car so will work on yours.

***This tutorial assumes you know how to get your car secured on jack stands, if in doubt do NOT attempt this DIY!

You can get Rogue Engineering transmission mounts here:

http://hpashop.com/Rogue-Engineering...s-e9x-nonM.htm

Tools Need not in pic (2 jacks if possible & block of wood, (1) for a safety catch in case jack stand fail (I saw this happen and will NEVER forget it)....safety 1st).

Torque specs:

transmission mounts: 21Ft Lbs
    Transmission brace bolts: 25ft lbs

Suggestions/notes:

This assumes you know how to take off plastic panels and you may have to take off (1) aluminium tray, My car was completely dismanteled (exhaust,differential,driveshaft for subframe bushing, lock-down differential kit, wavtrac install) but it does not appear you need to take off driveshaft to do this.

Exhaust removal: (You Do not need to take your exhaust off to do this, simply disconect exhaust at dps, take off brace and (2) 19MM nut hangers and exhaust should drop down far enough.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Transmission mounts removal/install:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great writeup! So how are you impressions of this mod? Was shifting improved? Any increase of NVH?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to N54.
    I wasn't sure on this one lol!! Sorry
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't sure on this one lol!! Sorry
    No big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Great writeup! So how are you impressions of this mod? Was shifting improved? Any increase of NVH?
    haven't got to test it yet, but I just installed a lot if mods at the same time (Wavetrac, subframe bushings, lockdown differential kit) so I hope I can tell the difference. I can tell you that the OEM are crap, I can flex them easily with one hand....imagine what 500+ Hp can do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No big deal.
    question for ya, what is the pic limit? I have a huge DIY I am about to post lol!! It is nearly 40 pics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    question for ya, what is the pic limit? I have a huge DIY I am about to post lol!! It is nearly 40 pics.
    Linked is something like 250.

Or are they all attachments?

Either way try and let me know and if necessary I'll increase it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Limit is 1 pic. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Limit is 1 pic. Click here to enlarge
    damn!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Linked is something like 250.

Or are they all attachments?

Either way try and let me know and if necessary I'll increase it.
    linked from imageshack, we re all good then! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Killing it with these DIYs Rob. Great job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, you need to spread the time out between DIYs because we can only rep you so much.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, you need to spread the time out between DIYs because we can only rep you so much.
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    So true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just appreciate your guys comments.....DEFIV lockdown differential DIY coming up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't remember exactly... been awhile, but for MT you just support with a jack and replace mounts. Don't have to remove anything except for under panels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Don't remember exactly... been awhile, but for MT you just support with a jack and replace mounts. Don't have to remove anything except for under panels.
    Same with AT, here is pic with panels removed...EASY access!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got this done with my lockdown kit. Shifting seems smoother. No noise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    I got this done with my lockdown kit. Shifting seems smoother. No noise.
    sweet!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Drive shaft does not need to be removed:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another great DIY review Rob. I've personally tried both UUC and Rogue black rubber mounts on my car and they both work well (they're pretty much the same). I've had them on for about 2 years on my car without issues. Anyone considering transmission mounts, don't go with the solid/delrin/aluminum mounts, it'll have a considerable amount of NVH. We'll start carrying these soon on our website, definitely an approved mod that works as intended.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Another great DIY review Rob. I've personally tried both UUC and Rogue black rubber mounts on my car and they both work well (they're pretty much the same). I've had them on for about 2 years on my car without issues. Anyone considering transmission mounts, don't go with the solid/delrin/aluminum mounts, it'll have a considerable amount of NVH. We'll start carrying these soon on our website, definitely an approved mod that works as intended.
    totall agree with that, solid derlin may be harsh lol! Such a easy thing to swap out also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, install is about 30mins tops
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast